Feature Request - Timing of PQs to match home timezone

Volvo Man

If the reset time for your 5 PQs was linked to your home Timezone, this would have advantages for both GS and Members.

Server load peaks would be spread across 24 hours, although naturally some time zones have more Members than others.

The time zone currently used is fine for the US, but European cachers don't get their daily quota until around 9am which can cause some delays getting out caching if you've used your previous day's allocation.

After midnight in each time zone is the least likely time for new caches/logs to be submitted, thereby keeping the data as fresh as possible.

I would suggest that to prevent abuse and 'Tweaking', the ability to change your timezone/location be limited to once per month.

I guess this could be accomplished by duplicating the script currently used at midnight to run hourly with a subset of data produced once daily by a new script run at 12pm GMT (the first midnight of each day, in Australia)

If this is not possible, would it be possible to switch the server zone to EST as this would have little effect on US cachers, but would mean most European cachers would get their daily quota 3 hours earlier, in time for an early start caching.

I recently laughed upon receiving a PQ at 2000 Hrs. (8 P.M.) My comment was: 'Like that's going to help me today!'

I'm sure there were a few logs on a few caches I might have looked for that day, but in reality I wasn't missing out on that much information.

If indeed there were some advantage with the server load, I'm sure TPTB would have noticed long ago and made the necessary adjustments.