imput problem with Garmin Oregon 400t

I bought a 400t for geocaching as it was one of the only devices that allowed to download directly from geocaching.com.

When I tried to input coordinates under the form N XX° YY' ZZ.Z" and E XXX° YY' ZZ.Z" I could not find the functionality allowing me to do so. I could find all kind of preinstalled places, but it does not seem possible to use it a basic GPS and to input coordinates to get a azimuth and distance. :D

Can anyone help

I bought a 400t for geocaching as it was one of the only devices that allowed to download directly from geocaching.com.

When I tried to input coordinates under the form N XX° YY' ZZ.Z" and E XXX° YY' ZZ.Z" I could not find the functionality allowing me to do so. I could find all kind of preinstalled places, but it does not seem possible to use it a basic GPS and to input coordinates to get a azimuth and distance. :D

Can anyone help

The newest firmware update fixes this and makes it easy as pie!

When I tried to input coordinates under the form N XX° YY' ZZ.Z" and E XXX° YY' ZZ.Z" I could not find the functionality allowing me to do so. I could find all kind of preinstalled places, but it does not seem possible to use it a basic GPS and to input coordinates to get a azimuth and distance. :)

Can anyone help

Welcome to the world of Colorado----all of those great features you remember from the Vista/60csx family are gone. The Colorado screen display is drop dead gorgeous---and that's about it for any positives. This all could have been avoided with some beta testing by experienced users. Maybe the Colorado is OK for cachers but it sucks on the trail.

I've used it on 2 Sierra backpacks, an Appalachian Trail backpack, and a Mojave Desert 4WD trip; I hate it a bit more each time I use it and find another feature missing. The GUI navigation is atrocious, inconsistent, and unintuitive; it crashes regularly requiring battery removal to reset-this is especially fun when the caribiner clip is attached; battery life is short with NiMH and really short with alkalines; backlighting is required on any but the brightest of days; try to archive a 5 mile piece of hike from the middle a 500mile tracklog; and the list goes on.

Sometimes I think this dog was designed by the Microsoft Vista team rather than the Garmin Vista team. I teach GPS classes and am a frequent visitor to the local REI store, have steered many potential victims away from this unit--to the consternation of store management--but friends don't let fellow hikers make this mistake!

I haven't been able to evaluate the Oregon model but I suspect that it is a lot more like a Colorado than the Vista/60C (x) family

When I tried to input coordinates under the form N XX° YY' ZZ.Z" and E XXX° YY' ZZ.Z" I could not find the functionality allowing me to do so. I could find all kind of preinstalled places, but it does not seem possible to use it a basic GPS and to input coordinates to get a azimuth and distance. :)

Can anyone help

Welcome to the world of Colorado----all of those great features you remember from the great Vista/60csx family are gone. The Colorado screen display is drop dead gorgeous---and that's about it for any positives. This all could have been avoided with some beta testing by experienced users. Maybe the Colorado is OK for ‘cachers but it sucks on the trail.

I've used it on 2 Sierra backpacks, an Appalachian Trail backpack, and a Mojave Desert 4WD trip; I hate it a bit more each time I use it and find another feature missing. The GUI navigation is atrocious, inconsistent, and unintuitive; it crashes regularly requiring battery removal to reset-this is especially fun when the caribiner clip is attached; battery life is short with NiMH and really short with alkalines; backlighting is required on any but the brightest of days; try to archive a 5 mile piece of hike from the middle a 500mile tracklog; and the list goes on.

Sometimes I think this dog was designed by the Microsoft Vista team rather than the Garmin Vista team. I teach GPS classes and am a frequent visitor to the local REI store, have steered many potential victims away from this unit--to the consternation of store management--but friends don't let fellow hikers make this mistake!

I haven't been able to evaluate the Oregon model but I suspect that it is a lot more like a Colorado than the Vista/60C (x) family

Can anyone help

Welcome to the world of Colorado----all of those great features you remember from the great Vista/60csx family are gone. The Colorado screen display is drop dead gorgeous---and that's about it for any positives. This /snip

sorry about the double post, the browser said that my message was rejected, apparently it wasn't......