4th Nuvi and black

Rubberhead

I'm a huge Garmin fan, so much that I bought the company. Well, I've been buying Garmin stock hoping to get enough that the dividends will support my GPS habit with at least one new GPS each year.

That being said, I bought a Nuvi 660 about six weeks ago. Well, it wouldn't read a high capacity SD card so I had to send it back. After calling Garmin, I got mixed news - it was going to be two weeks before a replacement could be shipped, but since the 660 had recently been discontinued the replacement was going to be a Nuvi 760.

Well, the first 760 I got was defective because the speaker wouldn't work so I had to send it back. The second 760 and third Nuvi overall lasted for about 3 weeks before the left channel and the speaker quit working so I sent it back. For my trouble they offer to send a brand new Nuvi instead of a refurbished 760. Silly me, I thought that's what I bought in the first place, anyway...

Now, the forth Nuvi shows up and I plug it in. The screen is beautiful with great colors based in a deep, rich black.

I spent a lot of time just to say that it really does seem that the screen on the newer Nuvi's are much improved but I'll have to do a side-by-side comparison with my wife's 650 to know for sure.