Logging into "not found" caches

Wii Two

I love trying to answer the questions that new cachers ask.

There is no way to quickly see the ones you logged as a Did Not Find (DNF).

The website only shows FOUNDs.

Well that's not completely accurate, you can see your DNF logs here. (oops that didn't work but access your profile page, select Quick View - Geocaches - Show- Didn't find it)

As for excluding DNF caches from your upload, you can add them to an ignore list and when doing a pocket query select That (and) Are not on my ignore list.

Edited by BlueDeuce

If you IGNORE them, then you won't see them.

So.... don't give up. Go back there and find them. :)

I was thinking some of the same, why ignore a DNF? but hey that was the question.

Although, there have been some caches that just on the approach I decided to DNF. "Oh look, anybody need anything from Stuffmart?"

Ignored! (insert Col. Clink impersonation)

Um, everyone.

Reading the first post I see what he means.

If you go to your account, you can click on "Search for nearest caches from your home coordinates (filter out finds)". All the ones with the checkmark will not show up on those pages of 20 caches each.

Or go to a search page, click on "Try advanced search options", select the type of caches you want, use whatever zip code or location you want, and click on "Exclude hidden/found items from results", again all that you have previously found will not clutter up your results.

But yes, PQ's are A way to go, but not the ONLY way...

The OP's ultimate goal, as stated in their message, was getting caches they haven't already found into their GPS.

When I type in my zip code for caches in my area it tells me the caches I found (via the red check mark) but how do I quickly see the caches I did not find (when I looged into them already) so I don't duplicate thier storage into my GPS?

So, I'll stick with my answer of PQs.