Un-archiving a cache

My husband and I placed a vacation cache in Ireland (I know, I know, we were not supposed to do that but we had a local cacher watching out for it at a wonderful location at a wonderful old friary). Anyway, the local cacher moved and four years later after being found many times with many positive comments about the location, the cache went missing, so we were forced to archive it.

However, lately, we received an email from another couple who would like to be the overseers of the cache with us still as the owners. How do we un-archive the cache? The edit function on the cache page says that we cannot do that but must contact the local reviewer for approval but we have no way of knowing who that is. So now what? Any assistance will be much appreciated. Thank you.

My husband and I placed a vacation cache in Ireland (I know, I know, we were not supposed to do that but we had a local cacher watching out for it at a wonderful location at a wonderful old friary). Anyway, the local cacher moved and four years later after being found many times with many positive comments about the location, the cache went missing, so we were forced to archive it.

However, lately, we received an email from another couple who would like to be the overseers of the cache with us still as the owners. How do we un-archive the cache? The edit function on the cache page says that we cannot do that but must contact the local reviewer for approval but we have no way of knowing who that is. So now what? Any assistance will be much appreciated. Thank you.

Well, dumb me. I found the name of the local reviewer by going a bit further down on the cache log page. Sorry to make a nuisance post!

I believe the original reviewer is no longer active, and I can tell you that we do not unarchive cache pages for the purpose of ownership transfers. It will be best to have the other couple create their own cache page, perhaps naming the original cache as its predecessor and/or you as the original creator of the cache at that location.

Hope this helps.