Savannah GA & Columbia SC

kurchian

I am going to be spending 2-3 days in each city in mid-November. I would appreciate any recommendations from area residents as to their favorite caches. For this trip I would be looking for caches that are scenic and/or have historical interest. I will have a car so I can travel in and around both areas.

If you are going to be around USC - the downtown area, take time to do "Cruise the Campus". It's a multi that will take some time, but you will see the historic portion of the campus many people miss. There are also several other traditional caches around the campus that are fun but not necessarily historic or great views. "Historically Speaking" has a historic flavor to it.

There are several parks just outside of Columbia with nice views as well as Lake Murry. Saluda Shoals Park and Harribson State Forrest both just NW of but considered the greater Columbia area have multiple nice caches. NE of town is Sesquicentennial State park which has several nice caches.

Will all your time be free for caching? or will you combine work with the visit? With most cities day and night suggestions maybe different. I'll look for some specifics, in the mean time check out zip code 29205, that is centered on the University area.