El Diablo?

rogheff

Has anyone heard from Jerry? There have been a few threads about his absence which got me wondering if an injury or ?? was keeping him from caching. I sent him several emails and voice mails offering to help him out with apparant back orders of walking sticks, but have gotten no reply.

Does anyone have any news or additonal contact info?

I was really hoping for some positive news. All I hear is no replies.

Here are my thoughts...

One of my local cachers passed away this past summer. I considered him to be a geofriend, but didn't realize how much several other cachers and myself impacted his life until his mother told me at his funeral. It really touched me and made me reconsider the relationships I have had with other people in my life.

I have had some health issues over the course of the past year and my fellow geofriends have gone out of their way to assist me with maintaining my caches. The generosity of the geocaching community never ceases to amaze me. I love you folks.

The last thread on El Diablos walking sticks and his absence got me wondering if there was something I could do to help out a fellow cacher who may be having problems filling the orders for some of his walking sticks. I have the ability and the time to help him in getting those orders out. I know some of the people who order sticks from me are giving them as gifts. I feel bad that they are waiting with no hint as to when and if they'll recieve their orders.

I'm therefore, volunteering to fill these currently paid orders. I hope it's not an overwhelming task. I don't know if we're talking about 4 sticks or 40. I've never seen an El Diablo stick in person, but there are plenty of photos on the internet and hs website. If someone has an unfilled order, I'd ask that they contact me at roger@rogheff.com with the details of their El Diablo order.. The only payment I ask is the cost of shipping the sticks.

Edited by rogheff

Here are my thoughts...

One of my local cachers passed away this past summer. I considered him to be a geofriend, but didn't realize how much several other cachers and myself impacted his life until his mother told me at his funeral. It really touched me and made me reconsider the relationships I have had with other people in my life.

I have had some health issues over the course of the past year and my fellow geofriends have gone out of their way to assist me with maintaining my caches. The generosity of the geocaching community never ceases to amaze me. I love you folks.

The last thread on El Diablos walking sticks and his absence got me wondering if there was something I could do to help out a fellow cacher who may be having problems filling the orders for some of his walking sticks. I have the ability and the time to help him in getting those orders out. I know some of the people who order sticks from me are giving them as gifts. I feel bad that they are waiting with no hint as to when and if they'll recieve their orders.

I'm therefore, volunteering to fill these currently paid orders. I hope it's not an overwhelming task. I don't know if we're talking about 4 sticks or 40. I've never seen an El Diablo stick in person, but there are plenty of photos on the internet and hs website. If someone has an unfilled order, I'd ask that they contact me at roger@rogheff.com with the details of their El Diablo order.. The only payment I ask is the cost of shipping the sticks.

Well done Roger, well done!

Here are my thoughts...

That is incredibly kind of you! I will show this post to my daughter (dmagoo on this site) and ask her what she would like to do.

Here are my thoughts...

That is incredibly kind of you! I will show this post to my daughter (dmagoo on this site) and ask her what she would like to do.

i hope jerry is ok i order my one in march then on the 120808 i just a email from him saying he would send a picture of it at the end of the week. so if any one stays next to jerry can they give him a vist to see if every thing is well with him.

jim

I have details from two people and an inquiry from a third. BUMP to see if there are more.

>>>>>

Hi Rogheff....

Haven't heard back from anyone as yet. I left the call late morning, & don't know his regular schedule so didn't know what to expect vis-a-vis a response. He worked with a trucking firm so who knows what his schedule might be like. I had already called his job-place hoping to get him but they could only tell me he didn't work there any more, and referred me to their corporate Personnel Dept., but I didn't want to be prying so didn't follow thru there. The lady I talked to said she didn't know him well, but he had left the company on good terms, so.....

I really hope he is OK. One thing nobody's mentioned, heck, his computer might've gone south. I know if mine 'dies' I'd be in a world of hurt! Anyway, I've set myself a reminder alarm for this evening about 6:30 to try him again, & I'll let y'all know what I hear, if anything.

~*

The lady I talked to said she didn't know him well, but he had left the company on good terms, so.....

That's really all I wanted to know... that he's not dead in the woods on some geo-trail! If he left on good terms then he's operating of his own volition and will surface if and when he wants to.

When someone just drops out like that I think death, jail or depression... as long as it's not the former folks generally get past the latter two and reappear when they're ready.

Edited by TheAlabamaRambler

The lady I talked to said she didn't know him well, but he had left the company on good terms, so.....

That's really all I wanted to know... that he's not dead in the woods on some geo-trail! If he left on good terms then he's operating of his own volition and will surface if and when he wants to.

When someone just drops out like that I think death, jail or depression... as long as it's not the former folks generally get past the latter two and reappear when they're ready.

Yes, this sound's like good news!

I checked a database of obits going back 6 months and it came up clean, which is good news. I did find out that Jimmy Carter died this year.

AAARRRRGGGHHH! TAR, you are REALLY getting on my nerves today... You FORGOT to mention the two most important reasons that people disappear (and sometimes reappear), which are: abduction by aliens and accidentally slipping through a randomly-encountered time-space portal, aka interdimensional portal (often a naturally-occurring one which the person unknowingly stumbled upon.)

AAARRRRGGGHHH! TAR, you are REALLY getting on my nerves today... You FORGOT to mention the two most important reasons that people disappear (and sometimes reappear), which are: abduction by aliens and accidentally slipping through a randomly-encountered time-space portal, aka interdimensional portal (often a naturally-occurring one which the person unknowingly stumbled upon.)

I didn't forget, I just hesitated to explain. I was on the way home from worshiping the eviscerated cow at my nearby crop circle where our Urantia Brotherhood holds our weekly reading (As you know, Brother, the Urantia Book (UB) is an anthology of 196 papers indited between 1928 and 1935 by the superhuman personality TheJeremy, he who has been inspired by the transformative teachings of the astronomical-cosmological organization of the universe unknown to modern science (and an elaborate extension (700 pages) on the life of TheLeprechuan), when the dorsal pathway opened, allowing me to inquire as to El Diablo's whereabouts within the Universe.

The call was heard across and among the inhabited planets, evolving life, civilizations in various states of development, celestial spheres, and spirit personalities. Earth is the 606th planet in Satania which is in Norlatiadek which is in Nebadon which is in Orvonton which revolves around Havona, all of which revolves around the center of infinity where TheJeremy dwells, so it may take them a while to get back to me.

Some geocachers and philosophers of the universes postulate a Trinity of Trinities, an existential-experiential Trinity Infinite, but they are not able to envisage its personalization; possibly it would equivalate to the person of the Universal Father on the conceptual level of the I AM. But irrespective of all this, the original Paradise Trinity is potentially infinite since TheJeremy actually is infinite. So El Diablo is probably not involved in that. Yet.

Any medieval casuist would be proud of such writing and thinking.

It is more likely that El Diablo has become a Primary Supernaphim, who are the supernal servants of the Deities on the eternal Isle of Paradise. Never have they been known to depart from the paths of light and righteousness. The roll calls are complete; from eternity not one of this magnificent host has been lost. These High Supernaphim are perfect beings, supreme in perfection, but they are not absonite, neither are they absolute. In which case he may not come back.

Since then a number of us have been put through a lengthy process by our planetary supervisors in order to prepare us to accept the Guidelines as true revelations. The process began by introducing Mtn-Man to the Sleeping Subject (SS), whose nocturnal ramblings would later be understood to be preparatory messages from extraterrestrial "midwayers." According to Mtn-Man, "SS is a member of the Chicago Board of Trade, a highly pragmatic, hard-nosed business man who did not believe in psychic phenomena or any such nonsense until he witnessed the market for Travel Bug Numbers." Why SS was selected for this task is unknown, but Mtn-Man assures us that the midwayers never took over SS's mind and came only at night when SS was unconscious so as not to disrupt his life too much. Mtn-Man contrasts this with the evil spirit who invaded El Diablo during the daytime, a sure sign that El Diablo was a false prophet. TheJeremy was selected, according to Mtn-Man, because of his personality and training. A more obvious analysis is that TheLeprechuan selected him because he was the source of the SS material.

When the next dorsal pathway opens I should get an answer as to El Diablo's current location in the Universe.

I didn't forget, I just hesitated to explain. I was on the way home from worshiping the eviscerated cow at my nearby crop circle where our Urantia Brotherhood holds our weekly reading (As you know, Brother, the Urantia Book (UB) is an anthology of 196 papers indited between 1928 and 1935 by the superhuman personality TheJeremy, he who has been inspired by the transformative teachings of the astronomical-cosmological organization of the universe unknown to modern science (and an elaborate extension (700 pages) on the life of TheLeprechuan), when the dorsal pathway opened, allowing me to inquire as to El Diablo's whereabouts within the Universe.

The call was heard across and among the inhabited planets, evolving life, civilizations in various states of development, celestial spheres, and spirit personalities. Earth is the 606th planet in Satania which is in Norlatiadek which is in Nebadon which is in Orvonton which revolves around Havona, all of which revolves around the center of infinity where TheJeremy dwells, so it may take them a while to get back to me.

Some geocachers and philosophers of the universes postulate a Trinity of Trinities, an existential-experiential Trinity Infinite, but they are not able to envisage its personalization; possibly it would equivalate to the person of the Universal Father on the conceptual level of the I AM. But irrespective of all this, the original Paradise Trinity is potentially infinite since TheJeremy actually is infinite. So El Diablo is probably not involved in that. Yet.

It is more likely that El Diablo has become a Primary Supernaphim, who are the supernal servants of the Deities on the eternal Isle of Paradise. Never have they been known to depart from the paths of light and righteousness. The roll calls are complete; from eternity not one of this magnificent host has been lost. These High Supernaphim are perfect beings, supreme in perfection, but they are not absonite, neither are they absolute. In which case he may not come back.

Since then a number of us have been put through a lengthy process by our planetary supervisors in order to prepare us to accept the Guidelines as true revelations. The process began by introducing Mtn-Man to the Sleeping Subject (SS), whose nocturnal ramblings would later be understood to be preparatory messages from extraterrestrial "midwayers." According to Mtn-Man, "SS is a member of the Chicago Board of Trade, a highly pragmatic, hard-nosed business man who did not believe in psychic phenomena or any such nonsense until he witnessed the market for Travel Bug Numbers." Why SS was selected for this task is unknown, but Mtn-Man assures us that the midwayers never took over SS's mind and came only at night when SS was unconscious so as not to disrupt his life too much. Mtn-Man contrasts this with the evil spirit who invaded El Diablo during the daytime, a sure sign that El Diablo was a false prophet. TheJeremy was selected, according to Mtn-Man, because of his personality and training. A more obvious analysis is that TheLeprechuan selected him because he was the source of the SS material.

When the next dorsal pathway opens I should get an answer as to El Diablo's current location in the Universe.

...or maybe not.

Wow....

This is truly scary....

Your words are starting to read/sound more and more like mine.

That is not good. Not at all. Not a good prognosis.

Get help for yourself. Get help fast.

Actually, on a rather top-secret midnight ride in a supersonic jet across the USA the other nite, I found that the passenger sitting in the seat next to mine was a high-ranking officer in the US Air Force who was also a Mormon mystic, and, during our two hour flight from DC to San Francisco, he gave me a short course in Mormon/LDS mysticism.

The discernment that I have gained from these revelations allows me to perceive that El Diablo was/is, unknown to most commoners, one of the immortal and indestructible Three Nephites of LDS lore, and most likely the Second Nephite, known at one time as Thughlug Bakhtiar. Thughlug/El Diablo has surfaced at this time in human history to do battle with the The Gadianton Robbers, who are training to become cache pirates and who are also advancing a malicious plot to encourage remote logging and surrogate logging of cache finds.

Maybe, just maybe, it would be wise to not try and contact him other than via email through the website unless you know him personally?

Geocaching is just one small part of life, and even though ED has been hanging around these parts almost since day 1, I'm sure he has many other demands on his time.

I know most of you virtually, and some of you personally. But I think I would get a little creeped out with messages on my home answering machine, and finding out that some of you had even attempted to contact me at work. Nothing personal, but unless you know him well enough to call already, perhaps we should back off the collective efforts to make contact?

Editing to add that I have known him since the first event I attended over 5 years ago, and have had many conversations with him since. But I wouldn't just call him at home out of the blue.

Edited by wimseyguy

Maybe, just maybe, it would be wise to not try and contact him other than via email through the website unless you know him personally?

Geocaching is just one small part of life, and even though ED has been hanging around these parts almost since day 1, I'm sure he has many other demands on his time.

I know most of you virtually, and some of you personally. But I think I would get a little creeped out with messages on my home answering machine, and finding out that some of you had even attempted to contact me at work. Nothing personal, but unless you know him well enough to call already, perhaps we should back off the collective efforts to make contact?

Editing to add that I have known him since the first event I attended over 5 years ago, and have had many conversations with him since. But I wouldn't just call him at home out of the blue.

I agree to a point. People paid money in good faith expecting to receive goods or services in return.

Hi all,

I owe an explanation to a lot of people that have tried to contact me over the last few months. I’m going to try an explain this the best I know how and can only hope that you understand.

Almost a year ago I was laid off from my job. No big deal at first, I’ve been there before. However as months passed with no prospects of employment things begin to turn bad. I slipped into depression. This is a deep dark hole that I hope no one ever experiences. Basically my life pretty much stopped. I no longer answered the phone, read email, called family or friends. I just didn’t care. Days seemed like hours, and months like days. Reality just went away. Things I used to care so much about meant nothing to me anymore. I could go on, but I think you get the point.

To get you up to date to my present life. With the nudging and the love of my wife I finally started to come around. Even though I found a job, it wasn’t the magic cure that I thought it would be. However life is finally begun to return to normal.

To those that I owe hiking staffs to, I will be in touch shortly so we can work out a solution. To those that have been trying to contact me out of concern, I apologize for not answering. I hope that all of you can understand and forgive me. If you don’t, I understand.

Take care,

Jerry

Hi all,

I

Almost a year ago I was laid off from my job. No big deal at first, I’ve been there before. However as months passed with no prospects of employment things begin to turn bad. I slipped into depression. This is a deep dark hole that I hope no one ever experiences. Basically my life pretty much stopped. I no longer answered the phone, read email, called family or friends. I just didn’t care. Days seemed like hours, and months like days. Reality just went away. Things I used to care so much about meant nothing to me anymore. I could go on, but I think you get the point.

Take care,

Jerry

BTDT. But i'm much better now. :blink:

They make drugs for that, but don't take too many or you will start to post like Vinny. :(

BTW withdrawal from SSRI drugs sucks. Big time.

If anyone out there is having problems with depression,or knows someone who is, get help. Depression is a serious medical problem!

Hi all,

I

Take care,

Jerry

BTDT. But i'm much better now. :blink:

They make drugs for that, but don't take too many or you will start to post like Vinny. ;)

BTW withdrawal from SSRI drugs sucks. Big time.

If anyone out there is having problems with depression,or knows someone who is, get help. Depression is a serious medical problem!

What he (and they) said. So glad you (El Diablo) are feeling better. (And everyone else, too!) I suffered a serious clinical depression in 1995, when I was also unemployed. I lived alone, without family support, but great friends, some Zoloft, and a good therapist got me through it. It is a deep, dark hole - you lose interest in everything, and even getting dressed or going to the grocery seems overwhelming.

About those SSRIs - when I started recovering, I was getting too much buzz from them, and my therapist kept insisting I was imagining the side effects and should stay on them, so I went rogue and just stopped taking them. I didn't have any withdrawal symptoms and continued to feel good, so obviously my serotonin balance was back to normal and the depression was gone. Later, I learned that it's incredibly dangerous to go cold turkey off SSRIs, you can have a heart attack or stroke. Oops. :( So, don't do what I did!

Yes, depression is a serious medical issue. You can't think or will your way out of it. It's a chemical imbalance (serotonin) in the brain, just like diabetes is a chemical imbalance (insulin) in the pancreas. It can have situational triggers (like unemployment, family issues, isolation), but it's a physical illness. You're not "crazy." I'm so glad that the stigma around depression has been lessened in the past few years by greater awareness and education.

Edited by hydnsek

Hi all,

I owe an explanation to a lot of people that have tried to contact me over the last few months. I’m going to try an explain this the best I know how and can only hope that you understand.

To get you up to date to my present life. With the nudging and the love of my wife I finally started to come around. Even though I found a job, it wasn’t the magic cure that I thought it would be. However life is finally begun to return to normal.

To those that I owe hiking staffs to, I will be in touch shortly so we can work out a solution. To those that have been trying to contact me out of concern, I apologize for not answering. I hope that all of you can understand and forgive me. If you don’t, I understand.

Take care,

Jerry

will include you in prayer - good to hear from you......