60 CSX or 76 CSX

dotpotamus

Hi All

I am new to Geocaching and at the moment i am using the Tomtom 930T from my car not ideal but sort of works.Now what i need is some advice on what GPS to purchase,will it be the 60CSX or 76CSX or are they both as good as one another.I see that they are both at roughly the same price,I am a bit cack handed and i have no dout it will be dropped on the ground or in the muddy puddles so any help would be much appreciated. :unsure:

When I was looking to buy around the middle of last year, I was faced with the same decision. (This was just before Garmin released the HCX range). Since the 60 and 76 are basically the same unit (just in a different form factor), the deciding factor for me was simply that the 76CSx was cheaper.

Never regretted getting it. Fantastic unit.

The two are pretty much the same as far as function goes. The 76 series floats, but both are water "resistant". I'd suggest trying to handle them both at a store since some folks have a preference for the keys abve or below the screen.

As for me, I prefer the 60 series.

Thanks for your advice i will try both.

When I was looking to buy around the middle of last year, I was faced with the same decision. (This was just before Garmin released the HCX range). Since the 60 and 76 are basically the same unit (just in a different form factor), the deciding factor for me was simply that the 76CSx was cheaper.

Never regretted getting it. Fantastic unit.

Thanks for your advice still unsure i might even have a look into the HCX range.

My original unit was a GPS 60C purchased in 2004. The 76 was just coming out at that time. I liked the 60 because it seemed a little smaller and more rugged. I have just about done everything to it except dump it in the water and have not had a single issue with it. I can't believe the screen hasn't even been scratched yet! My only drawback was that I didn't spend the extra money to get the 60CS model which had the electronic compass. The salesman actually pushed me against the CS stating that it affected the battery life. This may be true and I have learned that I should have spent the extra money. This summer, I purchased an Oregon 300 but overall, for the money, the 60 with electronic compass is the best bargain. Just my $.02

My original unit was a GPS 60C purchased in 2004. The 76 was just coming out at that time. I liked the 60 because it seemed a little smaller and more rugged. I have just about done everything to it except dump it in the water and have not had a single issue with it. I can't believe the screen hasn't even been scratched yet! My only drawback was that I didn't spend the extra money to get the 60CS model which had the electronic compass. The salesman actually pushed me against the CS stating that it affected the battery life. This may be true and I have learned that I should have spent the extra money. This summer, I purchased an Oregon 300 but overall, for the money, the 60 with electronic compass is the best bargain. Just my $.02

Thank you for your good advice.I have been reading up about the oregan 300 now i dont no if to go for the 60 76 or the 300.Confused .............