Cachers in Knysna area please help Newbie.

LeonW

Hallo almal daar! :rolleyes:

A friend - Fred @ Brenton - asked if there are any Geocachers in the Knysna area. Please tell if you would be able to assist a new aspiring Geocacher, he will register shortly, and I am going to refer him to this topic in the meantime.

Thanks - I owe you guys some Biltong, at the next meat and cache. :)

Eish, you would not like my brother to assist. He is finding them but has given up on logging. As a caching partner he is also not much help – he will not give any clues. At Vic bay I was swinging on trees and falling over rocks - he was just smiling and I was cursing all the way. At the end, about 45 minutes later, I discovered that he is sitting next to the cache. :rolleyes::):laughing:

He has a farm near Groblershoop and most of the time he is there. In Groblershoop he has no internet and no cell phone reception. If he is in George he is too busy finding caches and busy with business. So he has given up, but he still finds them. He will not be a great mentor.

I sometimes receive e-mails and an update if he can get me on a cell phone. I am now wondering – I received a photo taken at one of my caches in the Outeniqua Mountains. I can’t get hold of him but I assume that he visited them. But I refuse to give him any FTF. gerhard

Leon is your friends ready to go? Did they find any mentors or caching friends that will assist them? Did they find any caches yet? How much did they find? Did they like them? Do they want to find some more? Are they going to find the earth cache at the Cango caves? When is the first hide?

;) Sorry I got carried away. But I would like to hear some good news. We sometimes forget that there new guys among us and that need a support system. On the other hand it is good to see that so many new cachers are doing what we like to do.

Wazat, if you are there one day will you visit the mountain? Ok maybe this is a real dumb question for a mountain man. Like asking if you like to breathe air. I hope you are only visiting. Or are you also going away as in permanent moving?

Gerhard

Might be.... Will see how life pans out...

Mountain, I am drawn to them like a fish to water, like a bird to the sky, like a shark to a bull. Silly question.....

I am hoping to be in the area in February with a project but will see how it goes and consider the permanent move....

Fred contacted me - the problem is that he can't log onto the forum. We have all had that slow account confirmation before.

GlobalRat, if I send you his detail and contact numbers will you be able to check on behalf of Fred ?

Any geocachers in the following areas - George, Sedgefield, Knysna or Plettenbergbaai. I could send you Fred's contact detail, thanks for your help in advance.