lost geocoins

thedawdlers

My Account > Quick View: click "(Mine)" next to "Travel Bugs" at the top of page > Click on the missing Travel Bug/Geocoin > Travel Bug page

You'll see this in the upper right of the page. Select "Mark Item Missing" :rolleyes:

missing.jpg

As far as returning a geocoin its previous status, you can select "Move to last location".

Edited by Kohavis

When marking it lost, the item still shows in our inventory. I want to remove the item from our inventory so that it does not show up any more.

Reason for doing this has to do with one coin we put out for grabs, disappeared without even making a single move over 8 months ago. I don't think it will ever reappear, so i wanted to completely remove from our inventory.

Another option is to create a second account and transfer ownership of the coin to the new account. This way it won't show up on the page you check all the time, but you'll still have access to the coin's information if it does happen to show up. I've heard of cases where coins and TBs went missing for several years then magically showed up again in a cache hundreds of miles away.

Also, if some wanna-be thief tries to sell your coin on eBay you want access to the coin's tracking page so you can prove the coin still belongs to you.

We have had some of our geocoins go MIA. I do not epect to see them again. How do I remove them from my inventory?

I have also had someone flag a geocoin as lost, but it is not. How do I return its status?

One trick many people use including myself for "storing" coins out of inventory is by dropping them into n archived cache. I created a cache listing on top of a significant mountain that has special meaning to me. But I never actually published it. It's forever archived in essense in a place that no one can ever place a real cache. I use it to store my personal coins and TBs that have disapeared.

Regarding bringing one back, I would think you could simply log a "Picked Up" noting that the next finder could grab it from you. Or as mentioned use the "move to last location" option.