Garmin Venture HC backlight settings?

bersh

I just got a Venture HC to replace my old blue Legend. All-in-all, I like the unit, and the added sensitivity is for sure noticeable. I do have a question though - how do I get it to remember my backlight settings? Every time I turn the unit on I have to bump up the brightness from the lowest setting (where it is hardly visible). I set it so it's brighter and I can see, turn the unit off, and the next time I turn it on I have to reset the backlight again.

Thanks.

You can get to one preferred backlight level easily, though. Each time you press the backlight button it will switch between full brightness, off, and one preset level.

To set the desired preset level, go to

Main Menu -> Setup - > Display

The bottom field allows you to set the backlight level. Change this to the desired value before exiting the Display Setup screen.

Now, to quickly get to your preset backlight level, press the power/backlight button twice after turning the unit on (or any other time). There's no need to use the thumb toggle switch unless you want to change the backlight to something other than full, off or preset.

Edited by sagc

You can get to one preferred backlight level easily, though. Each time you press the backlight button it will switch between full brightness, off, and one preset level.

To set the desired preset level, go to

Main Menu -> Setup - > Display

The bottom field allows you to set the backlight level. Change this to the desired value before exiting the Display Setup screen.

Now, to quickly get to your preset backlight level, press the power/backlight button twice after turning the unit on (or any other time). There's no need to use the thumb toggle switch unless you want to change the backlight to something other than full, off or preset.

Thanks for the info. I figured that part out after playing with it, so it does make it a little easier. Just makes me wonder why they have it set like this though - maybe they will address it in a future software update.

I will say I'm pretty impressed with the unit though. I was always pretty happy with the old Legend, and my only grip was that I'd lose the signal pretty easy in the woods. While sitting in the house I couldn't lock on at all with it unless I went outside for a couple minutes. With the Venture, it locks on to a couple within a few seconds of starting up anywhere in the house, and is ready to navigate within a minute.