60csx what steps do I use to in finding my info stored

I posted the earlier question concerning using the gps on the golf course. Today I marked 2 areas as wave points. How do I recall the information to figure the distance between 001 & 002.... I just use my gps for traveling on the highway. So I have no background with the device, if someone has the time to walk me through it step by step, to determine the distance between wave point 1&2 I can understand that much eaiser than reading the manual, thnaks for your time

I posted the earlier question concerning using the gps on the golf course. Today I marked 2 areas as wave points.

The correct term is waypoints. :ph34r:

How do I recall the information to figure the distance between 001 & 002
Press the FIND button, use the rocker button to highlight Waypoints, press the ENTER button, use the rocker button to highlight 001, press the ENTER button, press the MENU button, use the rocker button to highlight Find Near Here, press the ENTER button, use the rocker button to highlight Waypoints, press the ENTER button, use the rocker button to highlight 002, read the distance at the lower right side of the screen.

The label above the window at the bottom of the screen says From Map Pointer, but it’s really the distance between the two waypoints.

Edited by roybassist

You guys are more generous than most, faced with a request that says " my time is too important to me to read manuals so I'll ask you to do that for me" , followed by " I'd like you then to take some more time explaining what you learned. I'm really too precious to do it myself and I'm not too ashamed to say so".

You guys are more generous than most, faced with a request that says " my time is too important to me to read manuals so I'll ask you to do that for me" , followed by " I'd like you then to take some more time explaining what you learned. I'm really too precious to do it myself and I'm not too ashamed to say so".

Well if you have cracked open a Garmin Manual you are better off going asking someone with out a GPS how to do something. That is the only complaint I have about garmins I have is the documentation SUCKS. So coming here and asking this question is definitely best place.

I wish I was better at understanding the manuals, Thanks to the person who took the time to post those steps it worked and was so helpful. TO the response that I said my time was better than yours, please reread the question I didnt mean to upset you and cause you to have to take the time to respond to something that isulted you

Well if you have cracked open a Garmin Manual you are better off going asking someone with out a GPS how to do something. That is the only complaint I have about garmins I have is the documentation SUCKS. So coming here and asking this question is definitely best place.

Yup agree 100%. The manual is good for some basics, but not all that helpful for the most part. This forum is a wealth of information and mostly folks are willing to help out.

You will get the occasional response like this:

I find it amusing that people will take the time to post stuff like that when it takes the same amount of time to answer the question and help someone out.

Edited by MorganCoke

I do enjoy helping people out and do a lot on another mapping forum. But it is always good to see at least a mention of having tried a manual or done a search of past posts for example.

Anyway if you had spent over 2 hours trying find why as computer admin Delorme's Xmap won't load because it needed admin privileges then you would be grumpy too.

Well that's my feeble excuse.

That is the only complaint I have about garmins I have is the documentation SUCKS.
\

Yep. Good example:

I won a Forerunner 405. I pull out the manual and it says "Step 1: Using the Bezel" and then goes into details on how to use the interface. Sounds good, but it doesn't work for me. I start thinking I have a defective unit and then I read "Step Two: Charge the Unit for Three Hours Before Using". :grin: