COINTEST Calling all 4x4 owners

NeverSummer

I light of my situation, I have been blessed by some very kind words of hope. Well, some of that good mojo came back around, and I have an interview tomorrow! To celebrate, I would like to give away a coin to thank the community for their kindness, unity, and love of coins!

First, the Cointest:

1. 4x4 folks only (Jeeps/pickups/SUV/etc) --There will be another for celebration once the interview is over for others-- :(

2. Post a photo of your Jeep, SUV, 4x4, 4-wheeler EDIT: and...no GPSr needed, just try to make sure the pic has to do with YOU, YOUR OWN (not a random pic or your buddy's rig) 4x4 and GEOCACHING!

3. Tell us why you love to cache in your Jeep/SUV/etc, or a great 5-star terrain 4x4ing cache experience (What makes caching in your 4x4 easy on 5-star terrain?)

I will pick a winner, and the cointest will end on Friday, 10/24/2008 11pm PT (Portland, Oregon, USA). Please only post once!

Your Jeep can be stock, modified, posing, on road, off road...but be creative with your photos! I'll update with answers to questions if necessary.

Second, the COIN!

It is an artist edition Glow "Go 4x4 It Jeep Five Star" It's been a great keeper in my collection, but I wanted to spread some love! Thank you, again, for the kind words...keep your fingers crossed!

So, ready, set, GO!

Edited by NeverSummer

80952343-71ca-4f0b-bb68-d39e0748bc56.jpg

TBs on my hood, Mackinac Bridge in the background (or is that foreground).

7cda076c-ba18-485f-91fe-611e3ba5c42f.jpg

Mule Springs Cave cache, this was a sttep hill!

I'd be happy to share a little story with you!

Tod and I were out one dark snowy night in my Jeep Libby, there was a slight blizzard-like storm slamming us and we were having fun looking for some drifts to bust. We'd hit many small but fun drifts and were enjoying the night, but weren't having any troubles.

Along about midnight, we decided there just wasn't much snow even though the wind was howling, the snow was blinding and the temps were numbing, so we thought to head on home. Turning onto an east/west dirt road near home, we were laughing and chatting about the hopes of finding big drifts come morning (it hadn't started snowing until close to 9pm, so we hoped to find more snow than we'd encountered the next day). About 500' from the end of the road, we hit a drift!

This drift surprised us, it was DEEP! "WOW", I exclaimed as we checked out the snow. "I think tis one might be what we've been looking for"! We drove forward after locking in the four wheel drive, but realized this might be a bit too deep when the snow came up and over our headlights! We stopped and looked, even got out and walked into the drift a bit..."Nah, too deep for a night chancing. No one to pull us out if we can't make it, let's turn around and head on home" I told Tod!

We jumped back in, covered by snow...it was really coming down and the wind was ferocious! I trie reverse to head back to a driveway of a farmhouse we'd passed about 100' behind us...couldn't see a darned thing and we were slipping toward the side of the road. "look's like we have to go for it" I told Tod "do you think we can make it"? "It's a Jeep Rod" was all Tod had to say! I checked out the drift in the headlights ahead of us and took a deep breath, then gunned it!

The Jeep bucked and dipped like we were on a bull, the headlights disappeared then reappeared like we were on the ocean and the waves were eating us up! The Jeep jumped and dove, jumped again then the headlights disappeared altogether....but I kept the pedal to the metal and the Jeep fought through the 500' or so long, 5' deep (or more toward the end of the drift) snow! It was a tense few seconds which felt like a lifetime!

Had we become stuck, we'd have been in big trouble, we weren't prepared for this much snow (remember, it had only started a few hours before)! There'd have been no one to help us, no tow truck could even get to us to try to pull us out! That, THANKFULLY wasn't needed though, as we plunged right through the last of the deepest part of the drift and found ourselves in the center of the intersecting north/south roadway! WOW!!

The next morning, we headed back to the drift to check it out and maybe even try it again, but the trucks had already cleared that bad boy out, making a huge 10' wall on each side of the road! We had gone through some serious stuff in that stock Libby, it performed masterfully! Off we went to check out a seasonal road nearby where we found more huge drifts...but nothing like we'd experienced the night before!!

I'll truly miss Tod's company and courage come winter time!! Well, I miss him every day already...

Edited by Rockin Roddy

WELL,, IM STILL PRETTY NEW TO THIS,,

BUT WE DID TAKE A PICK OF THE SUV RIGHT B4 WE WENT ON A 4X4 RIDE TO COMPLETE THE MISSION OF THE TB, ea3bc12c-2a6b-471c-a78b-2ea103929b2f.jpgTHE TB WAS A KEY TO A BAJA , I HAD ABOUT A 10 MIN HIKE TO THE CACHE WHILE THE WIFE WAITED INSIDE THE DURANGO, WITH THE SLEEPING BABY,SO I WENT AND GOT THE CACHE,, BROUGHT IT BACK SO THEY COULD SEE IT AND TRADE IN/OUT, THEN TOOK IT BACK,,THEN BACK TO THE DURANGO ,,I TOTAL I WAS HIKEING FOR 40-50 MIN BACK AND FORTH, ENJOY THE PICS(NO GPS) BUT DID HAVE A TB ,,HOPE YOULL COUNT IT IN!! THX f4005280-c0dd-4310-87f5-a6d2bf727698.jpgAND ALSO I WAS THE FIRST TO LOG THIS JEEP TB e1ef1258-fa78-4dc4-a051-d4a424452c59.jpg

I would love to, but I can't figure out how to leave a picture. My husband has a chevrolet pickup and I have and suv!! does that count?

To upload a photo to a forum post, you need to have the photo stored somewhere (somewhere - like on your profile page) then you post here, click on the little tree icon, and insert the link for your photo.

I would love to, but I can't figure out how to leave a picture. My husband has a chevrolet pickup and I have and suv!! does that count?

To upload a photo to a forum post, you need to have the photo stored somewhere (somewhere - like on your profile page) then you post here, click on the little tree icon, and insert the link for your photo.

"Insert the link" means to copy and paste in the address from the address bar at the top of the page(the page that displays the picture)

I opened a picture from my gallery, copied the picture's url (from address field) then came here to post. I hit the tree image, but it say's I must enter a url...where?? I tried just posting the url to the page and then highlighted it and hit the tree, it put the img thingy on each side of the url, but it says "Sorry, dynamic pages in tags are not allowed".

Where did I go wrong? I know I've done this before (obviously) as I have several pictures in my gallery...

Sorry to hijack this thread my friends!

Edited by Rockin Roddy

I opened a picture from my gallery, copied the picture's url (from address field) then came here to post. I hit the tree image, but it say's I must enter a url...where?? I tried just posting the url to the page and then highlighted it and hit the tree, it put the img thingy on each side of the url, but it says "Sorry, dynamic pages in p><p>Where did I go wrong? I know I

When you hit the tree there is a post up to insert the url. Hit crtl-v and it will be inserted into that pop up thingy...Or you can do it by hand by doing this

Image url to be taken from the picture page itself when you click on the picture The url of this image is http://img.geocaching.com/user/ea383aaf-e6...3eb8d6a95c6.jpg so you put around it

http://img.geocaching.com/user/ea383aaf-e6f4-45bf-9f0f-53eb8d6a95c6.jpg' alt='ea383aaf-e6f4-45bf-9f0f-53eb8d6a95c6.jpg'>

BTW that is Rod's jeep from his profile...

Edited by LadyBee4T

...Wow, only 2 participants so far? There's got to be more Jeepers and SUV drivers out there! (Unless we've all sold our guzzlers to get hybrids, that is!) So far it's a 50/50 tossup for the cointest...you want in on these odds? :(

i thought the gps had to be visible in the picture. i have lots of pics of walter, but not with the gps unit - in plain view. it is always in the car though, cause you just never know when the bug will bite.

so it takes time to take a photo of the car WITH the gps visible.

lara

Edited by RedShoesGirl

Well, here's a pic of the GPS'r with the Nitro - please note, Color coordinated :ph34r:

2964841393_2f3e31eae3.jpg

Here's a few where we did the Wrangler series here in ONtario.

The truck in one picture wasn't as lucky, so we decided we would park and walk from that point!(GCNWZC)

2964495373_01ba39edf5.jpg

2965337808_564e9f94ce.jpg

2964495613_c714588b49.jpg

The Swift Rapids cache (GC619)...

2965337546_d1df4d1bec.jpg

Soggy foot - this was a hoot - about 5 of these pools to go through :ph34r:

2965338118_08b16fd0d9.jpg

and a hohum one to finish.

2965338082_69d97f3c29_m.jpg

We do enjoy taking the jeep/Nitro out for a gut busting bounce down the trails, seeing if we can make it, hoping that we do! A couple of scary situations, but nothing we couldn't handle!

FC

I opened a picture from my gallery, copied the picture's url (from address field) then came here to post. I hit the tree image, but it say's I must enter a url...where?? I tried just posting the url to the page and then highlighted it and hit the tree, it put the img thingy on each side of the url, but it says "Sorry, dynamic pages in tags are not allowed".

Where did I go wrong? I know I've done this before (obviously) as I have several pictures in my gallery...

Something that keeps happening to me that I forget about all the time is that my browser blocks "pop ups" which is what the forum uses to collect your url from you. If you look at the top and there is a yellow bar that saying a pop up is being blocked, then click on it and it will ask you if you want to temporarily allow pop ups. If you say yes, it will allow you to try it again. Then just paste in your url. Not sure if this is what is causing the problem for you or not but I thought I would mention it.

Ok, back to the cointest...will have to look and see if I have a pic of my Envoy out on a caching expedition...

Here is my back country caching vehicle. It's not a 4X4 but a 525CC 2X1 :ph34r:

It gets me to any back country cache in 1/4 the time it takes you 4 wheelers.

The cache is down by the lake:

b76f9699-4403-4a86-b84e-8a854b65288d.jpg

The cache is above my bike.

492ecdbb-4cb3-4ec5-a7d3-ca83c072bf22.jpg

These pictures were taken on the Flattops of Colorado. It was a 65 mile round trip to get two caches. If you look close my GPS is on the gas tank.

Good luck with the job and good luck to all entrants. I love seeing the pictures.

Greg

Thanks for the help FC

Edited by Roaring_Fork

Ahh, I'm in a good mood...it went really well! I'll know more in a few days if I got it or not. Thanks for all the happy thoughts!

So, I'm changing the "rules" again...no GPSr needed, just try to make sure the pic has to do with YOU, YOUR OWN (not a random pic or your buddy's rig) 4x4 and GEOCACHING!

Cheers! (More on the interview in the next cointest...for now, off to celebrate--away from the computer!) :ph34r:

Help - How do you get the picture to post and not the link?????

Click the 'tree' in the tool bar here... 2966024556_060a957261.jpg

Then paste the picture address in the window that pops up.

Your address would be 'http://img.geocaching.com/cache/log/b76f9699-4403-4a86-b84e-8a854b65288d.jpg'

and it will show like this...

b76f9699-4403-4a86-b84e-8a854b65288d.jpg

Hope that helps.

FC

When you live on the Idaho and Oregon border and want to go Geocaching it is manditory to have a 4x4 to find some of these caches.

Here is some photos of last Sunday's Geocaching trip with 20 Geocachers and 5 dogs piled in to 7 4x4 vehicles heading out to end the summer with some 5 star rating fun.

We started our trip out at GC1E3DX also known as Harper Malfunction Junction Cache.

7e3154f2-a850-43df-ad53-1be4f7b733b1.jpg

Our destination to our first cache was 25 miles as the crow flies so we stooped and took a break along the way at Butch and Sundances place.

d1f17bf7-a3dd-4ce5-be66-241947b6102b.jpg

Before we headed out to our destination we decided to leave a little Cache as we had found old memories of the past.

afe64f6b-179d-43c6-a58c-45fe5095ed7b.jpg

Once we made it to our destination along a 4x4 route we decided to head on down to find the 5 star cache.

55d768ce-ff9c-4915-b03c-a29b948927b7.jpg

After we all signed the log of the Dry Creek Cache we went back up to grab one last memory of our 4x4 5 star route.

f04dd5ff-5748-434c-b8c2-83de22dc27cf.jpg

As we drove away with rattled bones and all we wonder where these 5 star 4x4 Geocaching routes will take us next year.

Until next year i think it is up in the air just as the dust was on our way home of our 5 star 4x4 route.

79b633a1-b6d3-4f6e-9082-3bdd7ca4fc3b.jpg

****Eastern Oregons Dry Creek Cache*****

I have been Jeepin' since 2000, and currently own 2 Jeeps.

My toy is a modified TJ which I enjoy playing with on the off-road sites we have over here.

DSC_1518.JPG

My current daily driver (AKA Geo Jeep) is a very standard 2005 Liberty KJ 2.8crd auto (Cherokee over here), seen parked on Blackpool Beach (with permission) for a club charity event.

DSC_3578w.jpg

This Jeep is also a travel bug. I have attached the TB icon with a Tread Lightly coin tracking number on the rear window (ureadable on the attached photo), along with a few club stickers. Note where Jeep mount our rear licence plate, which makes it awkward to fit larger tyres (must be some daft European law).

DSC_3614w.jpg

And finally, washing the surrounding countryside :ph34r:

DSC_3804w.jpg

Unfortuantly, there are not many caches we can legally drive off-road to, but parking is certainly a lot easier :ph34r:

Ivan

Edited by ivanidea

Here's our Land Rover Discovery 2.5 TD5 at GC152KA: Meco - Entre Céu & Mar.

952fa264-6eeb-47bf-bdd8-7793cd8e390a.jpg

At sunset. :ph34r:

Caching just got better when we got the LR. We enjoy going off-road pretty much, just like our kids that go crazy when the bumps and "jumps" begin.

We had serious fun on a event in Portugal, dedicated do 4x4 caching. Lots of 4x4 vehicles were there. Lots of fun and adrenaline.

Here we ar, on 4th place.

3934fcb3-a574-415b-b894-bf4bc475be57.jpg

Going down... Yeah, we got or LR all wrapped in plastic! :D

179540b4-320a-4fd7-9585-68968a71e6d0.jpg

We're still a bit cautious some times, specially dealing with potentially difficult obstacles when we're driving alone. Better safe than sorry.

We truly love our Land Rover! :ph34r:

Our key-chain is this geocoin made by Erik88L. And of course, our LR is also a travelbug. :ph34r:

Thanks for the cointest!

I had to sell my beloved pathfinder 2 years ago in order to get a minivan for my ever-expanding family. :ph34r:

I miss that beast! I don't think it ever saw a clean day in its life (except for my wedding day).

I sold it before I got into geocaching though. I have plenty of offroading pics, just none of them geocaching related.

Good luck to everyone else!!!

We don't actually own these jeeps, but Mr Flush caches as a part of the four lifelong friends who make up the cachers "DMCJ". Two of these guys own jeeps, one of which caches as JDGoneJeeping, (the brown jeep). These are some cool pictures taken caching.

The first two photos are on Mt Baldy near Shaver Lake. We have a cache nearby, (GCPWVP Have You Lost Your Marbles?)

smalljeepin2005030ng5.jpg

smalljeepin2005027vi5.jpg

I just like this one, JDGoneJeeping's jeep, Mr Flush at the wheel.

smallp1010020by3.jpg

Since we don't own the jeeps can I enter the cointest on behalf of DMCJ, who own the 2 in the photos? Jeeping has kept these 4 great friends close their entire lives. When gecaching was added to the mix a few years ago it just got better!

Here is DMCJ as freshmen in 1968:

dmcjvz7.jpg

An here they are on a jeeping/geocaching adventure roughly 40 years later:

dmcjnowjg5.jpg

Edited by C A Royal Flush

We don't actually own these jeeps, but Mr Flush caches as a part of the four lifelong friends who make up the cachers "DMCJ". Two of these guys own jeeps, one of which caches as JDGoneJeeping, (the brown jeep). These are some cool pictures taken caching.

The first two photos are on Mt Baldy near Shaver Lake. We have a cache nearby, (GCPWVP Have You Lost Your Marbles?)

smalljeepin2005030ng5.jpg

i want to go here!

rsg

Here's one of ours. (We have 2 4x4s, his Dodge and her Honda)

From last weekend in the White Mountains of NH.

dscf5631zz1.jpg

dscf5730rr0.jpg

It's not as nimble as a Jeep, but it gets a full crew and gear where we want to go.

Edited by Mopar

Here is a picture back from March 2008. We just got our new 2008 Jeep Wrangler X and

my daughter (Stellar Jr), wanted to to find a cache called "The Landmine".

So off, we went, down the rough road full of giant potholes and lots of MUD PUDDLES.

Here's a picture of the Jeep going through one of the mud puddles.

We had a lot of fun driving down the road to do this cache. My daughter is always begging

me to go back here whenever we're in the area. The Jeep is the ultimate cachemobile for

us and we've been to alot of places where no regular car would want to go.

Geo-Mar1000011.jpg

Edited by stellarscapes

This is my Rubicon in the beautiful Bluegrass State of Kentucky :grin: . I bought her when I was living in Fairbanks Alaska just before I deployed to Iraq in 2005 :grin: . I take my Jeep all over the place when I look for EarthCaches and geocaches and never get tired of driving it around. I have driven my Jeep across the Alaska Tundra, The Yukon, came across by ferry from Haines, AK to Bellingham, WA and drove aross half of the USA in search of geocaches. I feel lucky to own both a Jeep and Harley Davidson. Gotta love All American vehicles :D:D:D !

IMG_1934.jpg

Edited by Cav Scout

Headed out to Death Valley in February for some camping and caching around the area. After spending a great day of getting most of the virtual caches in the park I headed outside the park for some traditional cache finds. Got back to the campsite around 6:30pm to see some dark clouds come rolling into the valley. Later that night it began to rain (yes, it does rain in Death Valley) and the rain continued all through the night and most of the next day. Needless to say I spent most of that rainy day in the tent catching up some reading. I headed out the following morning to get the vitual caches out at teakettle junction and the racetrack figuring the roads would be mostly dried out. Most of the rainwater had either evaporated or been absorbed into the dry porous ground. I just happened to find some of the spots where it hadn't evaporated or soaked in. After spending one more night camping, I packed up and headed to Las Vegas for some more caching adventures, only to find that a 1/2 mile section of the highway between Death Valley and Las Vegas was covered in mud. First thing I did was stop at a carwash and try to get some of the filth off the Explorer. Got most of it off and continued onto my next adventure....

The following pictures were taken at Ubehebe crater in Death Valley after my adventure down the road to Teakettle Junction and the Racetrack. I wish I would have taken pictures of the Explorer before I got to the carwash as it was completed covered in a fine film of desert mud. I had hit one puddle about 8 inches deep that completely washed over the Explorer. By the time I reached the carwash, you couldn't even tell what color it was underneath anymore. It took three runs through the carwash to get most of the stuff off, and there was still a slight gray film that I eventually had to clean off by hand.

5353572a.jpg

Side view of the Explorer after the run to Teakettle Junction and The Racetrack

c3b1fc1f.jpg

Rear view....

Wow! All those 4x4s look so nice and shiny. :grin: We have a Toyota HiLux 4x4 which we use for some of our caching trips. :grin: Earlier this year, we organised a CITO event on Fraser Island, the largest sand island in the world. Pictures taken during the weekend (not by us though) can be found at http://www.edriver.com.au/geo_img/

Our vehicle is the last one on page 4 with the bags of rubbish in the back. The relevant cache page is GC19BAM

And another image from the weekend is:

333d81a3-1bdd-46ac-a153-a6211508fd9d.jpg

And this is what it usually looks like after a normal day of caching:

30bcead1-0000-493c-a510-19ec4e81b570.jpg

Edited by Just a Trifle

Bear with me because this is geocaching related.

Well, we left Renton at 3:30 ON MARCH 28, 2008 with intentions of getting over to were we were to meet for the foredinner as close to 7:30 as possible. That WAS the plan but Snoqualmie Pass made us late :^(. Had to wait in line for them to clear a couple of eastbound wrecks. Then, the road decided to get slippery. We had just past North Bend - where we waited awhile and the advisory said we could proceed with caution and with Traction tires - Anyways, we were beyond being able to turn aroune. Thank goodness for 4-wheel drive - my son, Speeding Element ( I am SO glad he also has a 4-wheel drive) reached over and locked it in and I proceeded to drive between 10 and 15 miles per hour. While nearing a bend in the road, Imagine my horror as there was a BIG Rig Sliding over into MY lane ahead of me :rolleyes: Thank goodness No body was in the left lane next to me and With S.E. calmly talking me out of this situation

Got over towards the end of Keechelus Lake, we pulled over so Speeding Element could take over.

YCMII005.jpg

YCMII007.jpg This is where we traded driving role and also opened up both the right side doors - If yo know what I mean- I must say that guys are lucky in this aspect :)

All in all, once we got by Cle Elem, the road became clear and dry. And we made it to Yakima, And was able to attend our first cache machine. - Yakima Cache Machine II!

On our way home:YCMII031.jpg

YCMII032.jpg

hwy16014.jpg And just yesterday

Edited by fairyhoney

Is there a time limit for editing posts? It let me edit mine earlier, but now the edit button is gone and I can't fix my typo.

Unfortunately, only one post per person. If your post is still editable, then you can make sure that it matches the guidelines by the deadline today!

I meant a Groundspeak time limit that is keeping me from editing my post and fixing my misspelled word. Not a big deal, I just hate seeing a typo, (if its mine :rolleyes:.

Never mind, I found this in the Help section:

Editing Posts

If you are unable to see the edit button displayed on each post that you have made, then the administrator may have prevented you from editing posts, or the time limit for editing may have expired.

I'm guessing the time limit is 24 hours, so my typo stays.

Edited by C A Royal Flush

A year ago, before the gas started going up and for the rationale of needing more room for my Granddaughter's car seat, I bought a 4 X 4 4 Runner. My goal was to join the Tread Lightly Events as well as access some caches my little Matrix just couldn't muster.

Goal accomplished! :rolleyes: This was photo was taked at one of firefighterjake's (of Maine) caches ~ I've Found My Thrill. Cache Maine, who I frequently cache with, joined me for the assult on this mountain. As you can see, we did it in the fall - and there was a beautiful view.

IveFoundMyThrill.jpg

Why do I love 4 x 4 caching.....because it makes you challenge yourself, takes you to beautiful places you might not be able to physically hike too........and you can enjoy it with your friends.

Another recent adventure was Nash's Lake Dam by aefuss (now deceased) here in Calais ME this past weekend.

What fun - and although not a Jeep - 4 x 4ing ROCKS! Thanks for the cointest!

Edited by hollora

WELL,, IM STILL PRETTY NEW TO THIS,,

BUT WE DID TAKE A PICK OF THE SUV RIGHT B4 WE WENT ON A 4X4 RIDE TO COMPLETE THE MISSION OF THE TB, ea3bc12c-2a6b-471c-a78b-2ea103929b2f.jpgTHE TB WAS A KEY TO A BAJA , I HAD ABOUT A 10 MIN HIKE TO THE CACHE WHILE THE WIFE WAITED INSIDE THE DURANGO, WITH THE SLEEPING BABY,SO I WENT AND GOT THE CACHE,, BROUGHT IT BACK SO THEY COULD SEE IT AND TRADE IN/OUT, THEN TOOK IT BACK,,THEN BACK TO THE DURANGO ,,I TOTAL I WAS HIKEING FOR 40-50 MIN BACK AND FORTH, ENJOY THE PICS(NO GPS) BUT DID HAVE A TB ,,HOPE YOULL COUNT IT IN!! THX f4005280-c0dd-4310-87f5-a6d2bf727698.jpgAND ALSO I WAS THE FIRST TO LOG THIS JEEP TB e1ef1258-fa78-4dc4-a051-d4a424452c59.jpg

WAS NOT ABLE TO EDIT SO I DID THIS,,

BUT WE LOVE TO CACHE IN THE DURANGO, ESP. IN THE MOUNTAINS,,,I THINK JUST THE THOUGHT OF IF WE NEED THE 4 WHEEL,,WE HAVE IT,, AND SCENCE CACHING WE CAN ACCESS CERTAIN ONES WE COULD NOT HAVE IF WE DID NOT HAVE IT,, NOT TO MENTION ALL THE SWAG YOU CAN FIT IN THE BACK!!!1LOL

Oh the pleasure of Geocaching and the 4x4.

The fun the rumble need I say more?

The only way in as it use to be

2970058077_34621c9e1c.jpg

2970056655_fc90eaf391.jpg

2970900110_12e1bcb5ca.jpg

But now it is blocked by a great big ole tree.

But we head on out there be no end of this trail.

GPS and 4x4 were hot on that geocaches tail.

2970900490_fd3ec4e928.jpg

2970900866_5d95bb6414.jpg

So keep on caching until the end.

The best advice I could give a good friend.

OH yeah it is a 1977 Special Edition FORD 4x4 3/4 Ton on a 1 Ton frame Possitive track front and rear with a 400 high performance engine.

What a geocaching machine.