Celtic Cross Geocoins

CacheHunters42

Can you give some details about the coin such as the images and what they mean if anything? I saw these at GCF and thought they were beautiful.

Sure....I'll do my best to explain

The images on the coin express a combination of many things which are drawn from family Heritage (Irish, Scottish, Welsh, Germanic), a fondness for Celtic/Heraldic imagery and of course our beliefs. The Celtic cross itself is a symbol that has been around for many centuries and is a cultural blend of medieval Christianity and ancient Celtic traditions.

The front of the coin portrays a lion, rose and palms. The lion is a common symbol and figures prominently in English and Scottish history (as well as many other European cultures). It traditionally symbolized bravery, valor, strength, and royalty (of which I'm not but I can dream).

The rose's special status is explained 'by its special association with comfort, generosity and discretion' and that 'Red roses have an inevitable association with the redness of the blood that all must shed for freedom, for the Fatherland, for the Church.'.

The palms symbolize victory and martyrdom

The back of the coin signifies the heavens and earth and it's creatures and that we need to be mindful of our surroundings and that it is our responsibility to be stewards of the gifts we've been given.

This is what I was thinking....but of course my hope is that each person can put their own meaning to these images and the coin.

Can you give some details about the coin such as the images and what they mean if anything? I saw these at GCF and thought they were beautiful.

The rose's special status is explained 'by its special association with comfort, generosity and discretion' and that 'Red roses have an inevitable association with the redness of the blood that all must shed for freedom, for the Fatherland, for the Church.'.

This is what I was thinking....but of course my hope is that each person can put their own meaning to these images and the coin.

Thanks for your explain...

but for me is de status of the rose for all the people witch blood is shed for Freedom, Fatherland and Church are not gonna be forgotten sons is that alright....

anyway the cross is wonderfull and i had to have this one, you make a great design,

thanks for making this one....