Problem with 60csx

jfabes

when using my 60csx in town driving or out hiking I have noticed a problem. The unit always shows me a couple of feet left or right of the road, never shows me driving directly on the road....or shows me hiking 3 or 4 feet left or right of my actual physical location. I have calibrated the compass several different times and no luck, doesnt help anything. What the deal?

Your GPS maybe following a map that maybe was published 20/30 year ago and there maybe changes to the road system....It took me awhile to figure this out here in my area. The "old" route US64 was made into a 4 lane highway and the old us64 with an abandoned railroad next to the old highway incorporated into the new highway system. My GPS followed the old US64....My cache hide was supposed to be next to the new US64, but the fix was on the Rail Road tracks. I even explained to the reviewer that it was an abandon RR...but you could not even see where the "railroad" had been...then the light came....as you can see I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer....No comments wanted, please.....Happy Trails