How to remove Geo Coins and TBs From cache listing

Brassine Family

Since obviously no one that visits caches that I put coins or TBs in doesn't know how to log the cache find AND doesn't know how to log that they have picked up the Coin or TB either that or they are too selfish to take the time.

How do I go about getting the coin or tb removed from the cache listing?

As of today, I have gotten 6 notifications of TB's that have ended up MIA only to be discovered or grabbed at a "Cache Slash Fest 2008"

One of the TBs that was taken unlogged had completed its mission and was waiting in the cache it started in for the owner to pick it up. It was "grabbed" at a caching event last weekend aprox, 100 miles away from its starting point and the person that "grabbed" it lives in TN so that means the poor TB is going to be even further away from its rightful owner.

As of right now, There are 8 caches that have either a coin or a tb listed as being inside the cache, but there is no tb or coin there....

IMO that it pretty pathetic, considering I have less than 25 finds. I honestly feel sorry for the coin/tb owners. And I am confident that I will not be spending anymore money on Coins or TBs due to this particular reason.

Since obviously no one that visits caches that I put coins or TBs in doesn't know how to log the cache find AND doesn't know how to log that they have picked up the Coin or TB either that or they are too selfish to take the time.

Sometimes it just takes awhile for someone to log their activity with a TB/Coin.

This morning I got an email notification for a TB that I let loose last year. It was placed into a TB hotel on 10/19/2008. The previous log for the TB was when it was picked up from a cache on 10/21/2007. I don't know why the previous holder kept it for so long but I'm just glad it's back in circulation.

If you are talking about that Jeep travel bug I seen that one at the Cache Slash last weekend, I am trying to remember who grabbed it, I was there when they took it, I dropped off some coins, we are fairly new at this, but any travel bugs or coins we have found we have moved on to another cache so far, we have never kept any.

By chance do you happen to log the tb or coins when you find them and place them?

Because actually that is what I am being a big cry baby about. Is they get moved but no one logs them..

By chance do you happen to log the tb or coins when you find them and place them?

Because actually that is what I am being a big cry baby about. Is they get moved but no one logs them..

Yes, as I said earlier, we log every single one of them, I am still holding one that requires the owner to email me first, but it is a handmade geocoin traveler, and to this date I still haven't heard from this person. Looks like you picked up the one from the 1000 acre woods, and it was logged. We were going to put it in a Rockville cache but remembered the Bridge fest was going on, then we found this cache and that no one had been there in over a year and decided it was a good place for it.

Edited by CaptHarm&Sweetlamb

Give them more time to move around, I see you have only been a member since September, be more patient. I talked to some people over the weekend who told me they had travel bugs out that haven't moved in a year or less. Some move fast some don't. I try not to put the ones we find so close to where we found them, it defeats the purpose, and sometimes I don't take them if I see them, we just started doing this as well, and we are still questioning a lot of things, as to how this is done and how that is done, we are certainly no experts, but we aren't giving up yet. Learn something new every time we talk to someone, good experience.

YAY!!!!! the Jeeper got registered!!!!!!!!! now to get the others to be registered.

That is great!!

I am happy for you. We are considering getting pathtags, they are cheaper and people can keep them. It seems a lot of Cachers like to collect things. We are trying to come up with a design for a Geocoin also, and we want to get some travel bugs. There are some things we haven't done yet but are taking our time on them until we know more about it, I am the type that will not do anything until I have researched it, heck I wont even take my new medicine until I looked it up on the internet first, lol.

Well good luck with your coins, etc, I hope they have a fun journey!