Help please with CN and garmin 76csx

LDove

I had City Navigator for my OLD garmin 76csx. That unit does not work. Went and bought the same exact unit yesterday. Came home to upload City Navigator. Here is the problem.

I changed the serial number. I then unlocked the maps with my maps code and got the message that my maps were unlocked. I highlighted in pink the areas to transfer. As soon as I checked transfer maps, the error white screen says "maps for oshkosh, fondulac ,etc... are not unlocked, press ok to transfer anyway or cancel to abort." I push ok, looks like it transfers and even get a blurb that says "information transferred sucessfully." The GPS screen however, gets a red box that says "can't unload maps and ENTER." :);) I then took my original certificate to try to get a second code, which I did not think I have used because it is not listed and it won't let me get a second unlock.

Any suggestions on what is going on? Is it not recognizing the "new" GPS because it is the same model? I had no problems sending to the old one. I tried switching the memory cards hoping that would help - nope.

What version of City Navigator? Versions starting with v2008 only had a single unlock code.

Do you have a valid, unused unlock code for the new unit? If so, you need to go through the unlock wizard to unlock the maps with your new unit. If not, then you will need to purchase an additional unlock code for the new unit. Either way, you need to go to your my.garmin.com site to obtain/activate a second unlock code.

Unlock codes are consumable items. Once used on one unit, they cannot be used on a different unit. They are not transferable.