4 digit California Geocoin

Yorkshire

I picked up a California Geocoin today (in New York State).

It has a 4 digit tracking number that is not recognised by Geocaching.com.

The tag says to log at www.calif.geocoin.net but that seems a totally unrelated site.

Owners name is only partially legible "Squ......"

I'm sure someone would love to get this back in the system, and I'd love to help.

Any clues out there?

I picked up a California Geocoin today (in New York State).

It has a 4 digit tracking number that is not recognised by Geocaching.com.

The tag says to log at www.calif.geocoin.net but that seems a totally unrelated site.

Owners name is only partially legible "Squ......"

I'm sure someone would love to get this back in the system, and I'd love to help.

Any clues out there?

Perhaps the cacher's name was Squidelis? :)

The California coins (at least the early ones) were not trackable on GC.COM

The www.calif.geocoin.net site is the correct site but it does seem to be in a degraded state at the moment...perhaps contacting the site owners might help?

The first year the California geocoins came out were not trackable on Geocaching.com. These were the 2004 coins. 7dec1451-458c-4121-82ca-6fb39e156d65.jpg

Actually, that's the correct web site but the owner of it Marky forgot to add a link.

The 2005 issue was the only year the California Geocoin didn't get a Groundspeak number (because they wanted too much $$).

7thdraft.gif

Regardless, I once had the URL but lost the bookmark. I'll nudge Marky awake right now so stand by for that. :laughing:

They are trackable at the same site mentioned, but the site still doesn't seem to be working.

The first year the California geocoins came out were not trackable on Geocaching.com. These were the 2004 coins. 7dec1451-458c-4121-82ca-6fb39e156d65.jpg

That is exactly what I picked up ( I tried to post a pic but it was all "pixelly") Thanks.