Archived Caches

The Slaughter Family

I'll second the OPs request.

When using the map to look at available caches in an area I might visit, I like the fact that I can hide caches types so I can see just the standard ones (don't always have time for the others if I'm just passing).

It does annoy me that I can not hide disabled caches, even though I won't be going after them.

Ivan

I believe the system was designed so that temporarily disabled caches DID annoy others by continuing to show up in search results and on maps. After others get sick of seeing them for several months, they can remind the owner to fix up the cache, or even log a "needs archived."

When using the map to look at available caches in an area I might visit, I like the fact that I can hide caches types so I can see just the standard ones (don't always have time for the others if I'm just passing).

It does annoy me that I can not hide disabled caches, even though I won't be going after them.

This would probably be the best reason for the feature - browsing through caches in another area.

Another idea that's been brought up would be to hide "ignored" caches on the maps.

I would just like to point out that a very long time ago, archived caches were visible on the google map. Then for some unknown reason, TPTB removed them. After the outcry on the forums from people wanting to be able to see them, they agreed to return them, but refused to give any kind of time when it would be done. It was probably close to a year by now since they promised the return of the ability to see archived caches... still waiting.