Garmin GPSMAP 60Cx

TeamBaugh

And the geocaches that you download from garmin.com only show up as Waypoint and not as geocaches?

Do you have geocaching set up on your GPS unit? You have to tell it which symbol to associate with the geocaching function. Does it show the closed treasure chest on the set up page?

I have set everything up as noted. But when I hit goto and then it shows waymark or geocache i have nothing in the geocache spot. All of them store in the waypoint section.

Well found out if i turn the unit off and on twice they finally load. 5 found today thanks to the gps. WOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOO

On the 60cx there is a geocaching mode that you have to enable in the menu. I can't recall exactly where it is in the menus. But you should be able to find it in your manual. The other thing that I've found is that I have my best luck exporting caches to mapquest using GSAK and then use mapquest to send them to the gps.

I must be a little dense. Why are you downloading caches from Garmin and not Groundspeak? I have had my 60cx far to long to remember if and where I had to turn on the geocching mode.

MyGarmin does offer the ability to search for and download geocaches. I have never used it but it is there.