cointracking.com

nelson crew

A month ago I paid for a coin on cointracking.com. Two weeks ago I contacted the seller to ask why I had received neither the coin nor any communication. He responded the same day saying he would look into it.

As you probably guessed, I never heard back.

Just now, 4 full weeks after he received my money, I emailed him a copy of the PayPal invoice and the page at cointracking displaying my purchase.

Now, I understand that this isn't a store, and that each person is responsible for their own listings. What do I do if I just plain never hear back from him? I see nothing on the site about conflict resolution procedures.

Has anyone else had this kind of experience? The site seems like a great resource for some really nice coins, but in the words of our fearless commander-in-chief, "fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice... can't get fooled again".

I have been a Coin Tracking member for a couple of years, and can't say enough good things about the site.

In case people don't understand what Coin Tracking is, here is a short explanation: Coin Tracking is a site that will help you keep track of your collections. That is its primary function. They have also enabled the site to be able to let people sell editions of coins. You are not buying these coins from Coin Tracking, you are buying them from an individual.

With that being said, conflict resolution should take place between the buyer and seller. You probably paid via paypal, and would need to work with them by filing a complaint.

I have on two occasions let the management of CT know when there have been sellers who have coins for sale that are not delivering coins. He has, on both occasions, stopped the sale of the coins until they can investigate. One of those is a company that is in financial difficulties and the other was an individual who dropped out of coins, but still had their coin listed. She would take the money but never send the coins.

You can always file a complaint with PayPal.... though I hear they have a 45 day limit within which to take action. At the same time MJ's suggestion to file a complaint against the seller with Cointracking management may get their coin edition shut down until the problem is rectified.

As of this morning the seller says "next Monday". It seems that 45 day period is getting pushed...

Anyway, thanks for the feedback about the site. I was hoping it wasn't a common issue, though depending on how this one ends I may just have too bitter a taste in my mouth to go back.

Once that 45 day period is up, it is gone. I would request an refund, and let them know that you will purchase the coin when it is in stock.

As of this morning the seller says "next Monday". It seems that 45 day period is getting pushed...

Anyway, thanks for the feedback about the site. I was hoping it wasn't a common issue, though depending on how this one ends I may just have too bitter a taste in my mouth to go back.

If you feel uncomfortable with how things are going, make sure to file a dispute before the 45 days are up. Even if you still want the coin and they say they are going to send it Monday, filing a dispute does not void the transaction. It just makes sure you are covered.

If you feel uncomfortable with how things are going, make sure to file a dispute before the 45 days are up. Even if you still want the coin and they say they are going to send it Monday, filing a dispute does not void the transaction. It just makes sure you are covered.

Ditto that.

TMA

Good to know, and thanks for the heads up. I think I will give the sender until Tuesday to receive shipping notification, which is still acceptably within the 45 days. As of Tuesday, if no notice, I will file.

Thanks.

Oi, you don't have to tell me... lessee... 6 times. By the fifth, I usually start to catch on.

Complaint filed as follows:

Having read up on the history of this coin, coupled with the recent history of being totally ignored (aside from banal - and inaccurate - assurances it would be "taken care of") I have little confidence I will actually receive this coin.

Should the coin arrive next week, exactly as described, I will gladly reverse this dispute.

I know this guy is the exception to the rule, and that people in this community are not generally like this, but dadgum...

Crap, this is what I stepped into: http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=158275

No less than two of you who have posted replies to this thread will see this and groan.

The perils of being a newbie, I guess.

I still like the coin. :lol:

Just rememeber, once those coins are gone they will not be reminted! Limited numbers remain, at least thats what we have been told for something like 2 years now. B) And don't forget the reduced price. I wonder what ever happened to the great event they were using the money for...

Crap, this is what I stepped into: http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=158275

No less than two of you who have posted replies to this thread will see this and groan.

The perils of being a newbie, I guess.

I still like the coin. :lol:

Just rememeber, once those coins are gone they will not be reminted! Limited numbers remain, at least thats what we have been told for something like 2 years now. B) And don't forget the reduced price. I wonder what ever happened to the great event they were using the money for...

Yeah, in the future I will be much more vigilant about researching coins and the people behind them. Had I seen the thread before I acted, I would have abstained merely on principal.