I decided to go trackable

Lemon Fresh Dog

For all the ones leaving Canada, there should be a little green sticker that is a Customs Declaration. This is a sticker, and I do tend to tape the bubble mailer heavily - so maybe some of these declarations peeled off? This could potentially delay delivery and/or get them sent back.

However, the fact that some arrived last week and some arrived today indicates that it's still most likely a delay and not a loss.

Just received my "game token" yesterday in North Carolina. Thanks! :laughing:

I have all my mail metered and sent out from a postal service company (sort of like a Mailbox Etc.).

Can those of you that have gotten them recently do me a favour? Can you look at the postal cancellation date and see when the Post Office marked them?

This will help.

There was no cancellation or date anywhere on the package. The stamps (2 X Canada 96) looks like someone had drawn through them with an ink pen (low tech way of cancellation?). A green customs sticker was affixed by "Canada Post" on it also. It did not appear to have been opened prior to arrival.

Hope that helps.

Thanks again! Nice looking coin!

_c3_ in North Carolina, United States

I received an e-mail at 11:37am this morning about a package arriving today. I am wondering if some of them didn't come back to my mailbox place and get re-sent. They were away and re-opened on the 5th, but they haven't mentioned anything and I haven't asked.

Again - if someone has it handy, I'd really like to know if there is a cancellation on any of the stamps with a date. It's really odd and I am feeling badly that they are taking so long to get to some people, but then keep getting notes that they are arriving!

It looks like I have three folks that haven't gotten them yet.

Sweetlife

AtlantaGal

BCnLJ

I also have one person that got the bubble mailer with the coin neatly removed! (it was shocking)

Anyone else?

If so, please PM me by Monday morning if you can so I can reverse the transaction, activate the coins and place them in my "Post Office can't seem to find you" cache....grrrr....

Have not received mine yet :cry: Since the ones in PA arrived saturday hopefuly I will see mine in the next few days.

Make that 4 people who haven't received them. Still waiting on mine to show up in my mailbox :D

The one for BCnLJ arrived - so I'm not sure how many folks are still waiting.

This week I had three e-mails informing me that there were arrivals (that's Monday/Tuesday) - nothing today though.

I'll need to find out from folks and probably consider this Friday the cut-off. I was originally thinking LAST Friday, but then many coins started arriving last week and some this week.

I just wanted to bump this thread to see if there are any status updates on arrivals.

Does the US have mail delivery today and tomorrow? I'm hoping some folks will post that the bubble mailers have arrived.

This, is still for those that ordered PRIOR to Dec 10th. The ones AFTER that date were sent at the beginning of January and are probably still in transit.

I've sent a few "chaser" packages recently, to see if they arrive (if the chaser arrives and the original isn't there then it's lost).

Anyhow, let me know about mail delivery, status, etc.

I just wanted to bump this thread to see if there are any status updates on arrivals.

Does the US have mail delivery today and tomorrow? I'm hoping some folks will post that the bubble mailers have arrived.

This, is still for those that ordered PRIOR to Dec 10th. The ones AFTER that date were sent at the beginning of January and are probably still in transit.

I've sent a few "chaser" packages recently, to see if they arrive (if the chaser arrives and the original isn't there then it's lost).

Anyhow, let me know about mail delivery, status, etc.

Still no bones here over the weekend in MA. :D

Ordered prior to Dec. 10th

Due to the hoilday no mail delivery here in the US

Edited by chief20r2

Okay - let me know if they arrive. What I did was send another package to Atlantagal. The second package is pretty obvious and contains an activated coin under her name.

What I thought might be a good idea is to watch for this activated one to arrive. Obviously, if it arrives then anything sent "in-between" in lost. In that case, I did keep track of the numbers and I'll activate the lost coins and figure out how to either get you another (I'm not really keen on sending a second package to an address where something was lost) or doing a refund.

I send the "chaser" package to Atlantagal over a week ago - so we'll see when it arrives.

If that works for you great - if not, PM me and I can start the process of activating any lost bones.

I guess my Geobone is some where with my red handed coins that were lost in mail Dec.2005 :D This is odd to have them go missing in the mail system 4 years after the the red handed coins.

It is odd. Especially as the Red-Handed coins were sent from a different Post Office. However, at least this time I kept track of all the tracking numbers so that I can activate them all and mark them as missing.

At any rate, let me know if you want me to refund/activate or if you want to see when/if the package arrives to Atlantagal.

I sent out about 30 packages as follow-ups - so I once they start arriving, then I will know for sure that the original batch missing packages are lost or taking the loooooong route.

So the replacement package is a single coin rather than 3?

Yes. I sent you a "gift" coin that I intended to send anyhow. I want to see how long it takes to arrive. Hopefully, what you'll get is a package of 3 coins followed by a single coin.

Well nothing in Thursdays mail except another Landsharkz package. Am out of state now till Sunday, but will let you know if anything came when I return home.

I haven't really been watching this thread very closely, but I ordered one, and I don't remember when I ordered it. It just seems like a long time ago! LOL

Anyway, I still haven't received it here in Texas.

I think that your order was in the second batch that went out January. I haven't heard back from any of the ones sent January, but wouldn't expect to for a bit.

The only ones I am really concerned about at this point are the ones that were sent out during the second week of December. I guess in "theory" it's only been 6-7 weeks and over the holidays, but when they are arriving in Australia and Europe before the Southern US - it's a little disappointing.

My hope is that the ones I sent out in January will start arriving, and then I'll know for sure that the December batch is "complete" in as much as anything that was sent has arrived or been lost.

It's the uncertainty that is annoying! Last week seemed to be slow, but the week before I was about to give-up and assume anything not delivered was lost - and then a bunch arrived! sheesh....

I'm already regretting my decision not to just do face-to-face only! At least with face-to-face there's no question of safe delivery. I suppose I could do signature delivery, but at $17 shipping per package for this - it seems a little "prohibitive".

At least I can activate the lost ones so that if they are ever found in the future they will be known as the "lost bones of '08". I've had this happen way back. The very first bones I sent in 2005 I used regular envelopes and the sorting machines "choked" on some. One was found on the floor of the Post Office and sent to Groundspeak (where it lives today). These ones were all bubble mailers, wrapped-up, etc.

WooT !!!! :D My Geobones arrived today in MA....... :D

There was no date on the green customs label and couldn't make out anything on the postmark...

I did notice that the zip code on my address was missing 1 number and a sticker with a bar code and the correct zip code was also on the package,maybe that had something to do with the delay......

There was no date on the green customs label and couldn't make out anything on the postmark...

I did notice that the zip code on my address was missing 1 number and a sticker with a bar code and the correct zip code was also on the package,maybe that had something to do with the delay......

I had this label too... the one with my correct zipcode and the date it arrived in the US customs..... 1/21.

I received a package with TWO geobones in it... #119 and #145. So which mailing is this LFD?

The TWO bone package is the one with the bones that you would have paid for (everything from 101-199 are the ones I offered for sale).

There would be yet another package arriving to you with a number between 201-249 - these are the activated "gift" ones that I have handed out mostly to local cachers and mailed some to folks I know.

It is VERY odd that it hit US Customs on the 21st of January! That makes NO sense at ALL. I haven't sent anything out in the past two weeks. So I'm not sure if this is the clearance date and they sat on it for awhile or what? Was it opened? Maybe they didn't like the description and didn't let it pass quickly.

I wonder if they scan the sender address? I don't normally send out 50-60 packages at once, so I don't know if my address "flagged" anything.

Anyhow - I am very glad you have it. Please let me know when my "chaser" package arrives.

Welcome to the thread that won't die! :D

I'm bumping this thread to get some feedback.

1) If you ordered a Geobone V2 PRIOR to Dec 10th and do not have it - please let me know

2) If you ordered a Geobone V2 AFTER Dec 10th and have gotten it - please let me know

3) If you received a Geobone V2 with a special note - send me a PM. I'm wondering if this special batch are arriving yet.

Thanks!

Edited by Lemon Fresh Dog

Welcome to the thread that won't die! :laughing:

I'm bumping this thread to get some feedback.

1) If you ordered a Geobone V2 PRIOR to Dec 10th and do not have it - please let me know

3) If you received a Geobone V2 with a special note - send me a PM. I'm wondering if this special batch are arriving yet.

Thanks!

No Geobones in WV yet :) Hopefuly soon :D

Order placed this morning

No bones to NY as of yet. Has everyone gotten theirs? (I know.. it's only been 3 weeks)

No sign of the chaser package yet.

It went out around Jan 5th or so. I would have hoped it would have arrived in 2-3 weeks. Some of the other gift packages sent at the same time arrived last week - so, once again, it seems there are certain "black holes" for the packages I am sending.

They are all very much the same type of packaging, labeling, etc, etc. So why some take longer than others is an enigma surrounded in mystery and wrapped in intrigue.

Order placed this morning

No bones to NY as of yet. Has everyone gotten theirs? (I know.. it's only been 3 weeks)

No sign of the chaser package yet.

It went out around Jan 5th or so. I would have hoped it would have arrived in 2-3 weeks. Some of the other gift packages sent at the same time arrived last week - so, once again, it seems there are certain "black holes" for the packages I am sending.

They are all very much the same type of packaging, labeling, etc, etc. So why some take longer than others is an enigma surrounded in mystery and wrapped in intrigue.

As usual, I shudda kept my pants on for 1 more day. They arrived this afternoon and they are just wonderful!! Thanks!

It's a little stranger that you don't have your coins - because there aren't any border issues. The coins went out in two "groups" - the Dec 10th group and the Jan 5th group. So the coins you ordered Dec 31st would have been in the Jan 5th group - which are the ones arriving now.

So.....in the event that there is someone here from the Dec 10th group that hasn't gotten their coins, they are probably lost.

Please contact me if this is the case for you. The best way is via a PM and we'll get the coins activated and deal with the payments.

I have no replacement coins and if a coin is lost en route then I'd rather not send to the same location. I'd rather activate them as LOST and then refund.

Chaser package with gift bone arrived today. Your metered postage sticker says 1/19 was the ship date. That's a little more in line with the timeframe I get from Canada.

I think your problem was using postage stamps on the original mailers.

I got your gift bone yesterday (THANKS!) with a metered postage sticker of 1/19, so it took about two weeks, 3 days to California. AG might be right about using postage stamps.

Grrrrrrr..... It's actually worse than that.

I use a mailbox service company and the batch that had all my gift bones were handed into them on the 5th. So they obviously sat on them until the 18th or 19th....

I am not happy :laughing:

However, I suppose I am happy that they are arriving.

Maybe that's what they did with the last ones too. Here in the US, using those services only ads a day max to transit time.

hello all - I wanted to post a quick bump to let folks know I haven't forgotten you!

At this point - you either have your Geobone or I'll consider it LOST.

PM me if you ordered one and DO NOT have it. I will activate it as a lost coin and get you a refund on your purchase price.

ordered beginning of Jan...are those also lost?