I decided to go trackable

Lemon Fresh Dog

Well, I placed a bid but I bet I get outbid well before the end of the auction. Things like this go out of my budget range in a big hurry... :wub: Thanks for offering them, tho! :)

CF30

It's pretty much a fluke. My mom just happened to be here today while I was on the forums (she's 73 and has a multi-poo - so the bone would kill the poor thing!). She said she really didn't need a new one and I asked if she wanted the old one. There you have it.

My sister actually just got her class into geocaching - so the one on the bulletin board probably isn't going anywhere. It's funny actually - it's in a very remote location and I can imagine some cacher walking in, looking at the school bulletin board and thinking "what the ^&*(&*( - where did THAT come from!?"

In fact, check out "Woss Happening?", "Woss New?" and "Woss This?" - three of my remotest caches and soon to be re-populated with geobones.

With the holidays - I'm not going to hit the "panic" button until the end of next week.

They went out around the 10th of December, and with holidays, etc - I think they are only at about 14 or so "transit" days. They are making it to some pretty distant places.

That said - the place I mail to and from has been closed and opens tomorrow - in the event that any came back then I will not know until tomorrow.

For those without bones - I expect next week to be the week they arrive.

Okay - here's another update.

Please post when you have them so I know

I just received a Priority box FROM the US (GA) to my mailbox that arrived this afternoon. It was mailed on the 27th - so that's a pretty good indication of the timeline for Priority Mail. So again, I'm not worried until the end of this week comes.

I just packaged all the new orders that came in since I re-posted a few more for sale.

You can still order here for the next couple days.

There are a few that I am sending out for folks to place in caches. These are going out in "stages", but obviously the paid ones are the priority.

Thanks and I hope you enjoy them!

I REALLY would like to hear they are making it to the southern states (does Arizona count - they got theirs first it seems)

I see there were a few available on the 5th. I followed the link above but can't find them, are they sold out again? :unsure: I hope not, I'd love to get one of these for my husbands Husky!

There still are some available - here's the link again:

Link again

I received some e-mails about more arriving stateside today. The next batch (those ordered on and around the 5th) are going out tomorrow.

I think you are in a pretty small group though.

Most seem to have arrived, but today is the cut-off. If you do not have it by the end of today then please let me know. I kept all the activation codes, so I can at least activate all those that were lost in the mail (it seems to be a pretty small group at this point). That means if they ever show-up we can at least see where they should have been. I just wanted to hold off a little because the last thing I want to do it activate the coin and then have it arrive the next day.

This, of course, are those that ordered PRIOR to Dec 10th. Those that ordered AFTER Dec 10th may still be on route as the mailouts are ongoing. The BIG mailout was the 10th.

There was one package returned to me today with no explanation as to why. I think they probably got the sender/receiver mixed up as it was one of the more recent ones - not an older mailing.

One way or the other we'll get things sorted. I won't re-send coins to an address where they have been stolen or lost of course, but I'll also make sure that you don't pay for something that never arrived.

Edited by Lemon Fresh Dog

Soon as these were offered up for sale and to actually own one in our possession and not owned by LFD himself, we paid and still have not received one, wonder what happened, hope we still get one. Please send us a email. We sure like to be notified as in what the updates will be.

Thank You!

It looks like I have three folks that haven't gotten them yet.

Sweetlife

AtlantaGal

BCnLJ

I also have one person that got the bubble mailer with the coin neatly removed! (it was shocking)

Anyone else?

If so, please PM me by Monday morning if you can so I can reverse the transaction, activate the coins and place them in my "Post Office can't seem to find you" cache....grrrr....

I can't remember how many packages I sent out (around 40-50 I think), but this rate of loss is too much. These were all packaged exactly the same (bubble mailers, coins wrapped in paper, bubble mailer taped) and had all the proper labels and postage. What is the rate of loss that is acceptable? I even marked the packages "token" instead of "coin".

Oh well... at least the vast majority seemed to have made it. I hope the next batch I am sending out are all happily at their destinations shortly.

Have you ever read a comic book? If so.....

^%(%&^%(&*^&!!!!

HOW is it possible that you can mail out packages on the SAME day and Australia gets them before PA?

:rolleyes:

I have no idea what to do at this point.

What should my "cut-off" be for delivery before I consider them lost/missing? I mean.... this is several that have arrived this week. Will I activate the coins only to find out they arrive the next day if I wait until Monday?

Ga....

Yipee, We received our Geobone today. Thank You so Much Frank, Very nice and heavy geocoin. Glad ours finally showed up, we were starting to get worried :rolleyes: Now we can sit back and enjoy this beauty.

You and me both - whew! I think it appears that things, while slower than I would like are still going well.

Enjoy the coin! Everyone (except those that have seen/held version 1) are surprised at how heavy, thick these are. I really wanted something substantial that felt.... permanent.

^%(%&^%(&*^&!!!!

HOW is it possible that you can mail out packages on the SAME day and Australia gets them before PA?

What should my "cut-off" be for delivery before I consider them lost/missing? I mean.... this is several that have arrived this week. Will I activate the coins only to find out they arrive the next day if I wait until Monday?

Ga....

you can wait until next friday on mine if you want. If others in PA got theirs today then that should give the post office a good looonggg time to get them here in my little spot of the world : )

^%(%&^%(&*^&!!!!

Ga....

you can wait until next friday on mine if you want. If others in PA got theirs today then that should give the post office a good looonggg time to get them here in my little spot of the world : )

Yay for the PA folks, but not here today. My mail comes very early though. So alot of times, it can take an extra day.

I ship 50 coin packages a week. What I can tell you is that Canada and Portugal are the absolute worst countries to ship to. My mailers can take 2-3 weeks and sometimes 4-6. Everywhere else in the world makes great time though.

You should mark the quantity and metal game tokens. That way when they make the xray machine go berzerk, they can see "metal" on the form.

Edited by AtlantaGal

It looks like I have three folks that haven't gotten them yet.

Sweetlife

AtlantaGal

BCnLJ

I also have one person that got the bubble mailer with the coin neatly removed! (it was shocking)

Anyone else?

If so, please PM me by Monday morning if you can so I can reverse the transaction, activate the coins and place them in my "Post Office can't seem to find you" cache....grrrr....

Have not received mine yet :rolleyes: Since the ones in PA arrived saturday hopefuly I will see mine in the next few days.

Just a bump to let folks know that I am also waiting! Waiting to hear about arrival of packages!

Please let me know if you see anything today.

No matter what we'll make sure everything is settled, but I don't want to start activating lost coins until we are sure they are not arriving anymore. The fact that some arrived as late as last week is an indication that it may just be delays and not losses.

I have all my mail metered and sent out from a postal service company (sort of like a Mailbox Etc.).

They are pretty good at getting everything "processed" - so these all should have gotten out in good order. I started getting people telling me they arrived about a week after they were mailed.

I mark them all as "Tokens" or "Game Tokens" on the customs forms, but maybe I should have used the word "metal" or "Dog-bone shaped game token made of metal" - sheesh!

The only thing that may have happened is that sometimes a package will come back to the place that processes it for some reason or another. They will sometimes just re-package and re-send it out.

Can those of you that have gotten them recently do me a favour? Can you look at the postal cancellation date and see when the Post Office marked them?

This will help.

For all the ones leaving Canada, there should be a little green sticker that is a Customs Declaration. This is a sticker, and I do tend to tape the bubble mailer heavily - so maybe some of these declarations peeled off? This could potentially delay delivery and/or get them sent back.

However, the fact that some arrived last week and some arrived today indicates that it's still most likely a delay and not a loss.