I decided to go trackable

Lemon Fresh Dog

anybody get theirs yet??? Princess Sweetpea is still waiting on hers.......she is getting very mad at that maillady......... :rolleyes::D

Don't get mad at the mailman! These were packaged and mailed last week and early this week. They are coming from Canada - so if you are in Canada - they would take a 1-2 weeks (Christmas and all). If you are in the US - they can take 2-4 weeks. If you are in Europe they *could* take 6 weeks even.

For some reason though - my European shipments have been taking less than my US ones! Go figure.

So - no getting mad! They are on the way to everyone.

(I actually have 14 left of the ones I set aside to sell off). If anyone wants one or two then PM me and I'll get you a link to pay for them - otherwise, I'll hang onto them)

anybody get theirs yet??? Princess Sweetpea is still waiting on hers.......she is getting very mad at that maillady......... ;):)

Don't get mad at the mailman! These were packaged and mailed last week and early this week. They are coming from Canada - so if you are in Canada - they would take a 1-2 weeks (Christmas and all). If you are in the US - they can take 2-4 weeks. If you are in Europe they *could* take 6 weeks even.

For some reason though - my European shipments have been taking less than my US ones! Go figure.

So - no getting mad! They are on the way to everyone.

(I actually have 14 left of the ones I set aside to sell off). If anyone wants one or two then PM me and I'll get you a link to pay for them - otherwise, I'll hang onto them)

I would like to purchase your coin...can you please get me the link...I'm a diver and a dog person (even take my dogs to a camp called "camp gone to the dogs!"

Edited by drneal

We received our order and we really like the coin. My favorite, right after the original one :)

I just wonder if LFD is really a diving dog :) It's true that a dog would do almost anything to get some bones but, would he go that far... or deep ;)

Well... I'm PADI certified, but my dog HATES the water. So she stays on the shore whilst I dive beneath the waves and look at fish and such. Where I live currently it's mostly very cold lakes - so I want to get my ice-diving and, by virtue of the fact I'm way up in the Rockies (or close), my altitude cert as well.

Strangely, no one has been pointing out the fact that GPS's won't work underwater! :lol:

However, it's *art* not science - this whole coin thing.

Edited by Lemon Fresh Dog

Have all the coins been mailed out? We haven't received ours yet so I just wanted to be sure that we're on the list (I know that mail can be slow this time of year)

Yes indeedy! They have all been mailed some time ago. However, I have not gotten a US recipient posting their arrival yet - so I am assuming it is a border issue due to the season.

(I'm anxious to hear - so PLEASE, if you live in the US and have these arrive, POST as soon as you can).

We're anxiously awaiting, will post when they arrive.

Thanks! I suspect that Monday and Tuesday will be the first days they start arriving to the US (at least I hope so).

Generally, from Calgary - the first places to see my packages are Washington State and Minneapolis. Something to do with flights and customs I suppose.

I'm always happy when the first US person posts. Then I know they are all shortly following. They have arrived to points in Western Canada and Central/Eastern Canada - so that's a good distance.

They are arriving in the US!

I just saw a former Calgary cacher that moved to Arizona has gotten his. So most of the US folks should expect them on Monday and Tuesday. Enjoy!

The Littlest Wave and I enjoyed a wonderful search last night in the minus thirty degree weather. We parked near the secret cache that Lemon Fresh Dog had hidden and went out with the two dogs. After a few minutes we had to return to the vehicle, both dogs were making a big deal of walking on the salted cement and clearly they were uncomfortable. After dropping off the dogs and returning to the coordinates we were able to find the secret cache and the new Geobones Version II.

This is simply a beautiful geocoin and very much like the original Geobone. We enjoyed our private cache hunt and will enjoy transporting the new geobones to the cachers in Medicine Hat who also received a "gift" geobone.

A note to Frank: I know I said I was going to be taking my daughter to the ballet but I didn't want my wife to suspect that I actually planned on her going all along. I maintaned the "charade" until the last possible moment and then sprang the news on her, wavette and wavemom really enjoyed the Nutcracker and the littlest wave and I really enjoyed finding this great private cache. Thanks for everything Frank. You are one of my geocaching "heroes" and always will be. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year and the very best of the season to you and yours from my entire family. We will be seeing you in a few hours I hope!!!

Edited by wavector

Got ours today in SD! Awesome, awesome coin! Thanks LFD!

Happy Holidays!

Hey! It'd almost your geocaching "birthday". Did you get a GPS for Christmas 2 years ago?

Going on three years - holy cow! We actually got it in November but didn't start till Christmas. With no family nearby we decided to go have some fun. Its been an amazing journey! Wouldn't trade the memories or the great folks we have met for anything! I wish it was warmer now. Brrrrrr here!! We might still need to do an honorary cache on Christmas Day.

Kids loved the coin too. Great job!!

I've been getting a lot of notes from folks that they are arriving. So I wouldn't worry too much. I send everything out via a mailbox company (or, as I like to call it - World Wide Headquarters).

They are still receiving mail over the holidays, but aren't open again until the 5th. If there were any damages, returns, etc - I'd see them the week of the 5th.

That's not too frequent though. These are in bubble mailers and I encased them in tape. I'm assuming any non-delivered coins at this point are due to holidays, weather, and such. They all went out quite some time ago and should arrive as regular mail deliver schedules resume.

I'm not sure how it works elsewhere, but here there seems to be "intermittent" mail delivery over the holidays. I haven't gotten very much mail myself (to my home, HQ might have a bunch, but I won't find out until the 5th)

Got me BONE today! :D Lovely heavy coin!

:D Now all I gotta do is figure out how to obtain a V1 geobone (again - gave the one I had to someone special...)

CF30

That may be rather difficult.... I haven't had any or seen any on eBay for quite some time. You never know though. I sometimes hear of them changing hands.

Hi Frank

Not many geocachers will be out today in Alberta that is for sure. :D

The Version I Geobone is a very beautiful geocoin and it is very desirable. I am inclined to think that the collectors value the rare geocoins more but my approach is turning towards the direction you are going with your new Version II Geobone. I like the fact that my new Geobone II was handed to me (well almost, it was hidden in a cache and then I found it) personally.

Geocaching really is about connecting to other geocachers and geocoins underscore that so well. I still remember finding my Version I Geobone, I still have it today.

I was actually lucky enough to be able to find mine in a geocache that you owned.

I traded a second one out and released it with a Travel Bug dogtag attached but someone stole that one, very sad commentary but all too true.

If I ever part with my Version 1 Geobone it would be in a contest.

Some very lucky geocacher at the Temecula Valley Mega Event (hosted by Dave - Corenerstone4) had the chance to win a Gold Version I Geobone.

I activated that new geocoin for you so you just need to grab it.

David

Okay! They are arriving and I have counted the batch that I set aside for sale. It looks like I still have a few of the numbers I decided to sell left over - so here's the link. There are very few, but if you still wanted to buy one - here's your chance. I'll mail these out on Monday/Tuesday (the ones that sell over the next couple days.

Geobone V2 for sale. (scroll down on the LINKS page)

Got me BONE today! :D Lovely heavy coin!

:D Now all I gotta do is figure out how to obtain a V1 geobone (again - gave the one I had to someone special...)

CF30

Well.... looks like my mom may have pulled through for those wanting a V1! She doesn't cache (no interest) and I had given her one when they came out. So, I now have the #2 V1 and the #2 V2 (trackable) as a set.

To be fair to the many folks that have been asking on these - I threw it up on the place where you can find sold-out coins. (I can't remember if we're allowed to advertise sales of this nature here - if not, maybe the mod can edit my post to cut-out this paragraph). It's being sold w/a trackable one.

Anyhow - that should give everyone equal chance to get what they want in the fairest way. Buy a new one, or bid on a pair.