I decided to go trackable

Lemon Fresh Dog

For those of you that used my link to purchase a coin - did it come back and tell you how many were left?

I've set-up the button to limit the sale to the 98 that I am selling, but I don't know if it lets you know how many are left when you buy one.

Did anyone see this info?

Nope, only usual paypal stuff.

It does if you put in a high purchase number. I just did and it said there are only 52 left.

Cool. I wasn't sure how the inventory button would work.

BTW - for those you you that noticed the postage doesn't increase if you buy more than one - that's cool.

Basically, I the price I'm charging includes postage over the cost to get the coins made. The $1.50 is really to cover PayPal fees.

These coins are pretty heavy and cost just over $10 each to make. Add in the supplies and the postage and I think I'll come out even on the ones I am letting be sold. I hope this gives everyone from far away a fair chance.

Really - I prefer Face2Face trades, but understand that I'm unlikely to meet some of you in the near future.

I do not get a chance to meet to many cachers, none from here in the forums. So...I just had to order one of your coins. Thanks for the opportunity to purchase one. They look really nice! Great job!! Cannot wait to see it in person.

No problem - I hope you enjoy it!

You can attach it to a dog,

You can hide it in a log,

You can keep it on a chain,

You can wear it in the rain,

It can be placed in a cache,

It is safe and won't cause rash,

When you get it you will dance,

It comes from China not from France.

I'll keep the sales link active until tomorrow sometime - hopefully that will give anyone that wants one a chance.

Love it.

I have never had the chance to meet you, only mail trade and hotel desk clerk package swap. So I ordered one to go with my v1.

Thanks

:anicute: I remember our "Hotel Desk" trade well. The girl at the front desk got quite a kick out of the whole idea. I think I actually ended-up giving her a geocoin as well. Wonder if she started caching?

As much as we'd love to meet you LFD, we are happy to purchase one of your v2 coins. As you can see from our sig line link, we are geodog geocoin collectors and geodog lovers as well. Your coin will make a fine addition to our collection, Thank You!

Edited by PaRacers

As much as we'd love to meet you LFD, we are happy to purchase one of your v2 coins. As you can see from our sig line link, we are geodog geocoin collectors and geodog lovers as well. Your coin will make a fine addition to our collection, Thank You!

No problem! - I'm always amazed at how many cachers are "dog people". Many of my hides are in areas with great off-leash parks close by. I actually had one cacher send me a photo of their dog wearing a geobone and I have it at my desk at work.

Needless to say - my own dog proudly displays a geobone - many cachers seem to want to "pet" her.... :laughing:

Okay - I think everyone has had a chance at this one. So I'll "bump" the thread now and once again tonight and then close the sale once I get home this evening.

I'm glad that folks were able to buy a coin if they wanted one and look forward to sending them out.

I may call on some of you to place one in a cache for me to travel as well.

Here's the link again for those that missed it.

http://www.snaptechsolutions.com/SNAP/Links.html

I'll place one for ya, LFD. :anicute:

CF30

Sounds cool. I'll have to look at a map when I send these out. I ussually visit places all over North America, but I like to send a few out for travelling in Europe. In fact, of all the Geobones V1 that I have released into the wild - the only ones still travelling are in Europe. (opps - and one in California, but I haven't "heard" from it in awhile)

I'll place one for ya, LFD. :blink:

CF30

Sounds cool. I'll have to look at a map when I send these out. I usually visit places all over North America, but I like to send a few out for travelling in Europe. In fact, of all the Geobones V1 that I have released into the wild - the only ones still travelling are in Europe. (opps - and one in California, but I haven't "heard" from it in awhile)

Yeah, that certainly can be a problem. Most of the coins I have that are still traveling are in Europe & Australia too (except the ones I have defaced by drilling holes in them...). I guess some cachers in the US just don't get it that they aren't supposed to keep geocoins they find in caches and that they are travelers just like travelbugs. :anicute: My latest coins I have drilled & attached additional tags to with cable. So far so good with all of those. It's a pity I have to do that tho.

CF30

looks like i got in under the wire, the geojack pack will be pleased.

Yes indeedy! I actually was teaching a late night class last night, so I haven't removed the link yet. I'll get to it tonight, but meanwhile there are a few left. So I guess this gives a few more hours. It pretty much seems that everyone that wanted one was able to grab one or two - so that's great!

I was glad to grab one just under the wire too... We have a new geo-puppy in our family (after my previous Geodog died a year ago) and had wanted a new coin for him. The timing was perfect, and so I really appreciate the opportunity to get one.

jax.jpg

If they are that heavy, might have to wait a little before putting it on his collar!

Nice!

I actually never did get around to removing the link - so you can let your friends know if they really, really want one there are about a dozen or so left.

Here's the link again.

http://www.snaptechsolutions.com/SNAP/Links.html

Now my students are making fun of me because of this! Oh well... anytime someone makes fun of my hobbies in class, I just yell out "10 points from Griffendor!"

The coins are getting made as this is typed. There will be an enamel covering on them and they will come out a little darker in the metal (more rugged looking).

I was glad to grab one just under the wire too... We have a new geo-puppy in our family (after my previous Geodog died a year ago) and had wanted a new coin for him. The timing was perfect, and so I really appreciate the opportunity to get one.

jax.jpg

If they are that heavy, might have to wait a little before putting it on his collar!

Ohmygosh, he is gorgeous!!! Congratulations. Now....go take him for a walk, he's saying "walk me!" :);)

jax.jpg

Ohmygosh, he is gorgeous!!! Congratulations. Now....go take him for a walk, he's saying "walk me!" :);)

Update! Looks like they will be leaving the east next week, I'll have them in a couple and then off they go!

I'm looking very forward to these and hope everyone likes them once they have them.

As a reminder - those that bought them will get them "raw" (unactivated). ALL the rest will be activated under my name - so even if I trade, gift, or cache them - they will still show as "owned" by me, but I will do the traditional "keep it, move it if you want" method of geocoining. (taking a page from the original geocoin guy - of course!)

Woo! I'm pretty excited! It looks like they have made it to the coast and I'll be getting these in-hand in a short while.

I haven't seen the final product yet, but will post a photo as soon as I can. I'll start printing labels and getting the padded envelopes ready for those of you that grabbed 1 or 2 from the ones I allocated.

Now... I have to activate all the rest! :laughing:

There are about a dozen left from the 98 that I am selling to "those I can't meet face-to-face". I really hope that I'll meet some folks and get some face to face trades - so if you're planning a trip to Calgary anytime, make sure to PM me and let me know.

I just ordered one.

There was no notice that I could find that said how many were left.

If you need me to release one in NC or VA or possibly MD, please let me know.

Thanks!

No problemo! I think there are about 11-15 left of the ones I am selling. I never did get around to changing the webpage to remove the link, so I'll just leave it for now and let them go if anyone wants one and thinks they'll never meet me face-to-face.

The bulk of the coins are going into caches I visit - so you can follow me around and get them for free too! - except that I often wait months before logging my finds :laughing: and sometimes don't ever log them.

The bulk of the coins are going into caches I visit - so you can follow me around and get them for free too! - except that I often wait months before logging my finds :) and sometimes don't ever log them.

I hope you will do some caching in our beautiful province of Quebec. We have a lot of nice caches.

Please pay us a visit one day :D

The bulk of the coins are going into caches I visit - so you can follow me around and get them for free too! - except that I often wait months before logging my finds :) and sometimes don't ever log them.

I hope you will do some caching in our beautiful province of Quebec. We have a lot of nice caches.

Please pay us a visit one day :D

I make it to Montreal every so often, to Quebec City - not often enough! Once...a long time ago, I did a road-trip to the North of Quebec - Rimouski - it was very beautiful. (delicious sugar pies!)

Okay! This is the week they go out. I'll have them ready to roll the second they arrive at my doorstep which will be this week or very early next week - exciting!

There are a couple of my "sellers" left and I haven't killed the link yet. I'll have to delete the link on Wednesday or Thursday so that I can print out all the shipping labels easily.

Here is the link

Then, it's stuff the coins into envelopes and send that pile of bones out.

There's already one activated, but the icon shows the "cent" symbol. I'll keep looking for new icon to pop-up (the little dog bone).

Edited by Lemon Fresh Dog

What luck wandering into the geocoin forums tonight for the first time in quite awhile! LFD, you may not remember, but somewhere around three years ago when I lived in Columbus OH, you left a red-handed coin at a particular set of coords (not a cache) for me and I went out in the snow and got it! (Sadly, that coin headed out with the goal of meeting you again, but it got muggled along the way.)

Anyway, my life and budget have changed a bit since then and I haven't bought a geocoin in over a year, but I just ordered yours because it is ever so cool :-) Hopefully I can sell a few of my older activated trackables that I'm finally ready to part with to fund a new acquisition or two.

I can't wait to see it! ;)

What luck wandering into the geocoin forums tonight for the first time in quite awhile! LFD, you may not remember, but somewhere around three years ago when I lived in Columbus OH, you left a red-handed coin at a particular set of coords (not a cache) for me and I went out in the snow and got it! (Sadly, that coin headed out with the goal of meeting you again, but it got muggled along the way.)

Anyway, my life and budget have changed a bit since then and I haven't bought a geocoin in over a year, but I just ordered yours because it is ever so cool :-) Hopefully I can sell a few of my older activated trackables that I'm finally ready to part with to fund a new acquisition or two.

I can't wait to see it! :unsure:

hey cool! I remember that trip. I left work in Calgary at 5pm, flew to Vegas and arrived around 9pm, then had to wait until 1am for my delayed flight to Columbus! Arrived just after 7am and had to train all day until 3pm. Hid the coin at lunch, caught a flight to Toronto at 5pm, Toronto to Calgary for 3am and taught the next day!

Needless to say - no time for "proper" caching. I also got a LOT of questions from customs haha! "So, sir, you are telling me that in 24 hours you left Canada, went from West to East and now want to re-enter Canada in the east and fly west.... can you come with me please" :D

At least I didn't take the contract in the Middle East the month before -- THAT would have looked great on the passport.

:D

PM me - I have to send you another travel coin for a Columbus cache!