I decided to go trackable

Lemon Fresh Dog

Well. I suppose the cat will be out of the bag soon enough (and as soon as it is I will chase it around! - woof-woof!)

I have a new trackable" coin at long last. Okay - I don't have it, but I have the sample, which means I feel happy to announce it.

lfdv2a.jpg

lfdv2b.jpg

Hope you like it!

I had to go with 250 in order to get tracking, so these should last awhile. I plan to activate 150 of them in my name and then cache them and trade them Face2Face.

So, we need to meet you AFTER you have them :laughing::unsure: ?

It IS a rather cool looking coin. How could we get ahold of one that isn't activated?

They will probably be here mid-November. This is the sample, and I'm happy with it, so it's really just a matter of giving the green-light and getting them into production - which I'll be doing this week.

I'm going to take a page from the "old school" coin folks and activate them in my name, but leave them all as a "take it or move it" item for when I place them in caches. I haven't seen the custom icon, but a little dog-bone pretty much comes to mind :P

Face2Face trades are always fun - for other folks personal coins. It's my new favourite way to collect. Heck... as anyone who has ever met me can tell you - you don't even need a coin. Meet me and you are likely to get a coin given to you outright. It's just what I do.

I'm holding back 100 unactivated ones and trying to decide if I should "make them available" to folks that really have no chance to ever meet me face to face by selling them. I dunno. 250 was the amount I need in order to get a custom icon etc, but it's a few too many for me.

I won't place them on the "e" place because I don't want them selling for more than a couple dollars over cost at most.

Thoughts?

I'm in Washington state fairly often. It looks like I might be training at a small Redmond company sometime soon :P

Nintendo? :unsure::laughing::D

I doubt you will be coming to St. Louis, Mo anytime soon for a face 2 face trade but would be willing to buy or trade. I gave my only GeoBone to someone who really, really wanted it :D so I hope to replace it with another someday.

CF30

I'll buy one!

Me too, I don't know if we will ever meet face to face.

OR

MAYBE , you could come over here and place some :unsure::laughing:

I'm in Washington state fairly often. It looks like I might be training at a small Redmond company sometime soon :P

I live in south Western Idaho and where all do you go in Washington and is it just Redmond? I would love to get one. Edited by River Cacher

Whoooo Hooooo! Way to go, LFD! Welcome back to the GEO-BONE, one of the first really original coins I had the pleasure of receiving way back when. If I'm not mistaken, "Version 1" was one of the first shaped geocoins, and came in around 5mm thick! Awesome to see a Version 2, and I hope to see one of these around.

If you ever make it to NorthEastern Wisconsin, please let us know, we be honored in meeting you. We live close to Green Bay. You ever hear of them Packers eh?

Add our name to the list.... :laughing: Please

Would love to trade our personal for one.... :unsure:

Never had the honor of meeting you, maybe someday, weren't lucky enough to have your first coin , would be such a honored to be able to add your second version to our collection tho. That would be very special.

Barry and Valarie of sweetlife

Well.... I discovered a way to get many, many e-mails! :laughing: Announce a coin! Here I thought things had died down.

Anyhow - I thought I might as well do the following and "open" some coins up for folks that I'll probably never get the chance to meet.

So here's my plan:

1) I will give away 50 coins. These are to my local caching friends, some friends I have known for awhile, at events, etc. They will be activated under my name, but people can keep them.

2) I will activate 102 of the coins and leave them in caches and use them for face-to-face trades only.

3) I will sell 98 of them to folks from far away and those that want to really, really "own" one. These will be the only ones that are not activated in my name.

Remember though. All I have is the sample coin so we are looking at mid-late November for the actual coins.

It's a very heavy coin (equal to the original - large breeds only!). I'll set the price at a couple dollars over cost so that folks only grab one or two for themselves and don't try to make a "business" out of buying these coins!

Here's the link to a place where you can order a coin if you really, really want your own unactivated one and don't think you'll ever meet me.

http://www.snaptechsolutions.com/SNAP/Links.html

you need to scroll down to see the coin link.

I haven't been for awhile :laughing:

I used to go to Frankfurt and Heidelberg couple times a year.

So I better not wait for the next visit and buy a coin? Done! :P

Thanks for it!

btw: a hovawart should be a breed big enough for this bone. :unsure:

No problem! Although I would really like to visit again. My family are all from Germany. Even my sister was born there!

You realize that you will now have to "announce it" on the forums everytime you go on a trip so that we can all arrange to meet you face to face for a trade! lol! :(

Cool coin and hopefully one day I will have a chance to trade. Congrats on another great design.

I actually often try to connect with local cachers when I travel. I've been a bit of a home body lately, but I've been lucky to meet cachers in San Diego and Minneapolis and other place too!

Actually, I've been a *bad* cacher... I sometimes visit caches, drop coins and don't log my visits online. I'm keeping a list and will update my finds one day :)

You realize that you will now have to "announce it" on the forums everytime you go on a trip

I actually often try to connect with local cachers when I travel.

Actually, I've been a *bad* cacher... I sometimes visit caches, drop coins and don't log my visits online. I'm keeping a list and will update my finds one day :)

LMAO! Have fun announcing... :(

Actually, I've been a *bad* cacher... I sometimes visit caches, drop coins and don't log my visits online. I'm keeping a list and will update my finds one day :D

Sounds like a mystery coin to me! Only, backwards... we know who the person is, we just don't know where they are dropped. :D

Awesome!!!

Xofder our geo-dog needs one of these. Order placed!!!

Make sure to post a picture! Dogs wearing geobones bring me great joy!

Well, first we have to get past the eating everything in range phase, and then we can think about a picture. :( By the time the coins arrive he'll be about 6 months old, so maybe then we can think about wearing coins!

In another thread - I announced my new version of the Geobone.

Well.... I discovered a way to get many, many e-mails! Announce a coin! Here I thought things had died down.

Anyhow - I thought I might as well do the following and "open" some coins up for folks that I'll probably never get the chance to meet.

So here's my plan:

1) I will give away 50 coins. These are to my local caching friends, some friends I have known for awhile, at events, etc. They will be activated under my name, but people can keep them.

2) I will activate 102 of the coins and leave them in caches and use them for face-to-face trades only.

3) I will sell 98 of them to folks from far away and those that want to really, really "own" one. These will be the only ones that are not activated in my name.

Remember though. All I have is the sample coin so we are looking at mid-late November for the actual coins.

It's a very heavy coin (equal to the original - large breeds only!). I'll set the price at a couple dollars over cost so that folks only grab one or two for themselves and don't try to make a "business" out of buying these coins!

Here's the link to a place where you can order a coin if you really, really want your own unactivated one and don't think you'll ever meet me.

http://www.snaptechsolutions.com/SNAP/Links.html

you need to scroll down to see the coin link.