Travel Bug Problem and work-around

Scooter38401

I have a TB ( TB1P7DN ) that was moved by "Our 3 Sons" on Sept. 20th, from a cache called Bluebird ( GC166A5 ) and placed in a cache in Hawaii on October 4th, called Pu'aena Point Ponderings ( GC1F8XB ). This TB was then picked up on October 8th by "Drhaas" and moved to a cache in Wisconsin called Grandad Bluff Lookout ( GC1GTE7 ) on October 13th. Drhaas has logged that he did retrieve the TB and moved it to Wisonconsin. I contacted "Our 3 Sons" about logging the fact they had dropped it off in Hawaii. He repied and below is part of his message:

===============>

"Sorry about the geocoin tracking. We actually did drop it off at Pu'aena

Point Ponderings on 10/4/08 and when we logged it and marked it as a drop,

we noticed the next time we logged on, it was still in our inventory.

We went back and tried to edit our log and it just would not let us access

it. Maybe the other cachers had already picked it up and that's why we

couldn't access it???????

Anyway, sorry about the inconvenience and I hope that through your owners

access you were able to fix the tracking so you can add the miles."

==============>

Can anyone give me advice on how to log the fact this TB was dropped off in Hawaii, so my map accurately reflects the miles this TB has traveled?

Thanks!

Scooter38401

Yep. I find the best way is to wait until it's sitting in a cache.

Retrieve the bug out, post a note on the target cache (back dated Oct 4th), and say something like "Fixing bug tracking - will delete" and drop the bug in. You can then immediately delete the cache log and the bug will stay put. Now Retrieve the bug back out (same date as the drop) and post a note on the current cache and drop the bug back in. You should delete that cache note as well.

Now, go to the bug page and delete the logs where you retrieved and dropped the bug in the current cache. This will keep the tracking accurate and show the last finder as the person who dropped the bug.

Edited by BlueDeuce

I found the solution in an earlier posting. I am quoting it below. I do not know who gave this answer, but...............Thank You!

"Wait until it's sitting in a cache.

Retrieve the bug from the current cache - current date

Post a note on the old cache - past date - and drop the bug.

Retrieve the bug - past date

Post a note on the current cache - current date - and drop the bug.

Access both the current and old cache pages and delete your notes. It won't affect the tracking.

Access the bug page and delete the retrieve and drop for the current cache. - this will make it so it show the last cacher was the one to drop it.

That's it."