delorme topo maps for Canada

snomchfun

I'm sorry but this information is not correct. We are aware of the desire for a topographic map dataset for Canada but as of now there is no product release scheduled for Christmas. TESKELLY, feel free to e-mail me with any information you might have received and I'll look into it.

Thank you,

Chip Noble

Team DeLorme

Sorry I should have been a little clearer with my response. It was just an emailed inquiry I had made about 14 months ago and at that time the person who responded had just mentioned the possibility of a Canadian map being produced by the end of next year. It was my estimation that this would put it at being released around Christmas this year. The respondent certainly did not say it was a definite but only a possibility. Unfortunately I no longer have that email but regardless of that I would like to apologise for not being clearer on that fact and now realise I should have suggested contacting them directly to confirm my statement.

Sorry, my previous post is about as much as I can say. We don't have a topographic product for Canada at this time but are aware of the desire from our customers. If I were a speculating forum reader I'd take that to mean the topic has come up but we don't have anything to share. Keep an eye on our forums for info... marketing will certainly announce if this is something we pursue. I hope it wasn't too painful to watch me talk in a great big circle...

Chip Noble

Team DeLorme

Has this happened or happening?

GG

Topos for Canada

by CMason, DeLorme Staff, Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:47 am

We are expecting to offer Canadian raster topos in late October as part of the annual Map Library subscription. They are not 1:24k as in the U.S. but are the rasters available for Canada (I think more like 1:50k for some and 1:75k for other areas).

We'll have more infromation as we draw closer to that time.

http://forum.delorme.com/viewtopic.php?t=20491#p132628

I'm sorry but this information is not correct. We are aware of the desire for a topographic map dataset for Canada but as of now there is no product release scheduled for Christmas (2008). TESKELLY, feel free to e-mail me with any information you might have received and I'll look into it.

Thank you,

Chip Noble

Team DeLorme