COINTEST: Give that kid a coin!

Rockin Roddy

WINNERS WINNERS WINNERS!!!

These are for round 1, the cute pictures, all winners were chosen randomly by having Kaleb pull them out of a hat:

Post 4: Grodan & Fiabus

Post 7: 007BigD

Post 12: Wavesprite

Post13: FairyHoney

Post 23: ELTADA

CONGRATS TO YOU and THANKS for all the pics everyone!!

WINNERS OF THE PHRASE POSTING:

Post 60: Cabarama

Post 70: DJJ ROCK

Post 80: DJJ Rock

Post 85: Burgessfour

Post 90: Team Amaroo

Well done everyone, THANKS for participating! Remember, LOOK TWICE, SAVE LIVES!!

Coin info will be emailed to each of you shortly, but maybe not until after work or later tonight (we're still working hard on our night cache and upcoming event)! ALL COINS in my possession will be released for the race regardless of when they are released (i.e. I have 27 or so coins waiting to be released right now on my desk, I have to get them to the Geopigs so she can ready them for travel etc. They will all count regardless if released before Sunday or not. You've won, you cannot be held responsible for my slowness)!

Robert...are you ready to start a new mini-cointest or should I plan on another one in the very near future (read as meaning tonight or tomorrow)? Feel free to jump in anytime or not as you please, my friend!! Don't read that as me pushing you though!! :(

Edited by Rockin Roddy

WOW!! I won twice?!?! I wasent sure if I had won or if I should have stoppd,,but was afraid to put anything other then ,,,,,,look twice,save lifes,,...I have a few bikers in my family,I will have to see whats important to them- for others to know!!! Is it fair I won twice?? thx again to Rockin Rod for the eave of fun,,,and congrats to all the winners!!!I look forward to seeing these coins fly around!!! have a gr8 day/night everyone!!! :(

WINNERS WINNERS WINNERS!!!

These are for round 1, the cute pictures, all winners were chosen randomly by having Kaleb pull them out of a hat:

Post 4: Grodan & Fiabus

Post 7: 007BigD

Post 12: Wavesprite

Post13: FairyHoney

Post 23: ELTADA

CONGRATS TO YOU and THANKS for all the pics everyone!!

WINNERS OF THE PHRASE POSTING:

Post 60: Cabarama

Post 70: DJJ ROCK

Post 80: DJJ Rock

Post 85: Burgessfour

Post 90: Team Amaroo

Well done everyone, THANKS for participating! Remember, LOOK TWICE, SAVE LIVES!!

Coin info will be emailed to each of you shortly, but maybe not until after work or later tonight (we're still working hard on our night cache and upcoming event)! ALL COINS in my possession will be released for the race regardless of when they are released (i.e. I have 27 or so coins waiting to be released right now on my desk, I have to get them to the Geopigs so she can ready them for travel etc. They will all count regardless if released before Sunday or not. You've won, you cannot be held responsible for my slowness)!

Robert...are you ready to start a new mini-cointest or should I plan on another one in the very near future (read as meaning tonight or tomorrow)? Feel free to jump in anytime or not as you please, my friend!! Don't read that as me pushing you though!! :(

I need to wait until I get back to my mailbox to see if some coins are there. I also need to organize my inventory of what's in the truck to be sure of what I have. Samples are ordered on my project, but the coins will not be available in time to be part of this Cointest. They will be able to carry the massage though.

I need to focus on wrapping up some of my games before I start any new ones, I still haven't sent out a big stack of prizes.

Here's one that will take a bit or work to figure out...

Read through my old forum posts, and post a description of what my new Coin Project looks like. I have been dropping hints for a while. Of course you will not be able to get the complete description, but the first one that I think is the most accurate before the entry deadline(for the Todie's Wild Ride Cointest) will get to adopt these two Coins as part of the Todie's Wild Ride Cointest.

TB2MP3K--Todie's Wild Ride: Nomad Geocoin http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?id=2052996

TB2MP32--Todie's Wild Ride: Nomad Geocoin http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?id=2052979

The winner will be sent adoption papers, and will be able to adjust the Title, Mission, and Description as they see fit(within the race Rules). the Coins are activated as part of the Cointest, but may not get into a Cache before Sunday. I'm pretty sure that still Qualifies.

Edited by WRITE SHOP ROBERT

Read through my old forum posts, and post a description of what my new Coin Project looks like. I have been dropping hints for a while. Of course you will not be able to get the complete description, but the first one that I think is the most accurate before the entry deadline(for the Todie's Wild Ride Cointest) will get to adopt these two Coins as part of the Todie's Wild Ride Cointest.

TB2MP3K--Todie's Wild Ride: Nomad Geocoin http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?id=2052996

TB2MP32--Todie's Wild Ride: Nomad Geocoin http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?id=2052979

The winner will be sent adoption papers, and will be able to adjust the Title, Mission, and Description as they see fit(within the race Rules). the Coins are activated as part of the Cointest, but may not get into a Cache before Sunday. I'm pretty sure that still Qualifies.

Ok Robert I assume that I should answer this one here. Get ready for this one as it will be a doozy.

I think you will have a big rig truck with a compass on it and the catch phrase will be "Umm...Where 'm I Goin?" Or possibly the truck on a map of the US with that phrase. But it HAS to have a compass or pointer or gps of some type to be able to point the direction!!! (How did I come up with that thought? :( )

Ok Robert since I have no idea how often I cna post in your mini contest I will make up a rule here and say I have waited long enough and I can guess again!! :lol:

Here is my idea. The coin is a steering wheel of your big rig and it has the points of a compass on it. Around the edge is your saying. "Umm...Where 'm I Goin?" IF this isn't it, it should be your next one!!!

A GV VII coin (don't know just what GV is though)

LOL Robert, when I asked if you had any more cointests, I meant ideas my friend!! :lol: Didn't mean for you to take on more work here and really,I thought we'd start a new thread! B)

It's all good, and sorry to put you on the spot. I asked for a title change or to have this thread closed (whichever the mods thought best). IF they close this down, we'll start over in a new thread!!

Again, truly sorry my friend, Not wanting to put extra work on your shoulders! You have been VERY supportive here and I applaud your hard work!! I also applaud your undying love of making others happy!! You inspire me, my friend! I only wish I could do as much as you've done and are doing.

YAY! Thanks so much for the cointest and I am happy to have won something that will promote awareness. I haven't been following this too much so I am not sure, what happens next?? Will I be sent an adoption request so I can set up the coin page?

Please advise. (sorry I am confused...)

I guess, let's go with the old..."twice per 24 hours"...No hints from me...may still be other minigames at the same time...

Ok I have another idea for your coin. Actually a whole list of them. :) Since you are a trucker and stop frequently at truck stops how about a cookie!!!!!! I thought maybe oreo but then again oatmeal with raisins would be very good with your R stamp on one side and Winner somewhere. Of course you could include a cup of coffee on it too Just thinking its amking me hungry.....LOL

Oh! I just saw that I missed one cointest allready, but I will post on this one for sure! :)

I have 3 ideas for now, but...

You are driving a track, so my first guess was a track with a compass on it and the motto...where I am going, and a big "?";)

Now, just to carry the message of Todie's Wild Ride, I would love to see a helmet of a biker, with movable the protecting glass (I mean the front part...) if that is possible, or..... something I loved while I was a child, but if I say it now, will that be my 3rd guess???

I want to say it so much, but can I ??? do I have your Permision Robert??? ;)

LOL Robert, when I asked if you had any more cointests, I meant ideas my friend!! :) Didn't mean for you to take on more work here and really,I thought we'd start a new thread! ;)

It's all good, and sorry to put you on the spot. I asked for a title change or to have this thread closed (whichever the mods thought best). IF they close this down, we'll start over in a new thread!!

Again, truly sorry my friend, Not wanting to put extra work on your shoulders! You have been VERY supportive here and I applaud your hard work!! I also applaud your undying love of making others happy!! You inspire me, my friend! I only wish I could do as much as you've done and are doing.

It's been so hard forme to hold onto my secret. I imagine the same is true with anyone who makes a new coin. I'm still not ready to make an official announcement(until I see the samples, and the final order is ready to place), but I have dropped some hints in forum posts, and thought I could coax someone into putting them together. Of course, you aredisqualified, since I already told you about the design.

LOL Robert, when I asked if you had any more cointests, I meant ideas my friend!! ;) Didn't mean for you to take on more work here and really,I thought we'd start a new thread! ;)

It's been so hard forme to hold onto my secret. I imagine the same is true with anyone who makes a new coin. I'm still not ready to make an official announcement(until I see the samples, and the final order is ready to place), but I have dropped some hints in forum posts, and thought I could coax someone into putting them together. Of course, you aredisqualified, since I already told you about the design.

:P:D:D:)

SWEET...I Won!!!

Well, since it was my EmmaGem that won it for me...Ill have her acivate it and send it traveling!!!....She's only got one other traveling coin...She'll be STOKED! :)

Already got Roddys email and Tracking number, so well be travelin soon!!!! ;) ...Gots a couple more to drop in the race, even if they are a little late starting!...Better late than never!

Thanks Roddy!

Edited by 007BigD

SWEET...I Won!!!

Well, since it was my EmmaGem that won it for me...Ill have her acivate it and send it traveling!!!....She's only got one other traveling coin...She'll be STOKED! ;)

Already got Roddys email and Tracking number, so well be travelin soon!!!! ;) ...Gots a couple more to drop in the race, even if they are a little late starting!...Better late than never!

Thanks Roddy!

Let me guess, it's a 007 coin :)

SWEET...I Won!!!

Well, since it was my EmmaGem that won it for me...Ill have her acivate it and send it traveling!!!....She's only got one other traveling coin...She'll be STOKED! :P

Already got Roddys email and Tracking number, so well be travelin soon!!!! :D ...Gots a couple more to drop in the race, even if they are a little late starting!...Better late than never!

Thanks Roddy!

Let me guess, it's a 007 coin ;)

Even Better!- BIKEDOG!!! No better coin out there to spread awareness that I can think of! Been meanin to get it goin, I have one for Toojin to drop too, but thats all I can say!

So What if it was a 007?... Shoot, it'd get snatched up! :) ... ;)

now I will post my other guess! Actually I will post 2, and...

Of course this are just my guesses, for designs I would like to see!!!

when I was a child, I used to play with cars etc, as all boys did!

there were some packs with cheap plastic cars, trucks etc, and many road signs, traffic lights etc, so the kid could actually learn about traffic while he was playing!!!

I will take my idea from this cheap packs!

Can you imagine geocoins in the shape of a sign, like the Stop, Turn Left, etc, and the message for drivers to respect and follow the signs?

You could even have a series of geocoins, with different road signs!!! :anicute:

Now....my favorite things of the pack was actually the traffic lights! It was a normal one, that had a white round behing the lights (Red, Orange, Green), that you could move it with your hand with a tiny plastic stick that was connected to it! When the white round thing was for example behing the Green light, it showed like the light was on!!! I loved that and I believe it would make an excellent geocoin, and would carry a great message for all, to respect the traffic lights too!!! :D

I know that none of the both are what you made, Robert my friend, but I just wanted to add this! B)

Maybe I'm not as good at dropping hints as I thought (is that why I'm single?) The last line here was a hint several weeks ago.

A Pile of these were in another envelope. Some will be getting released as prizes in the"Todie's Wild Ride" Cointest by Rockin' Roddy, if he want's to take on the Challenge. I love these Nomad Coins by Chris Rake, which you will all be able to tell soon enough!

da77b471-8dde-41ea-8d22-f01346ff40d3.jpg

And, More recently, here was another hint...

Remember that we are looking for tips on what a driver of a car or truck can do to keep the Bikers on the road from getting hit.

Of course I'm not entering my own game, but here's a tip from me that you will see plenty of in the future...

Look Twice for Bikes,

You Could Save a Life

So, not to completely spill the beans (since I'm still not ready for the official announcement) The Coin is modeled on the Nomad Coins by Chris Rake, and has a modified version of the back of those. On the front it carries the message

"Look Twice For Bikes,

You Could Save A Life"

I'll take a little time to read your submissions to decide who I think was closest. Some of the other hints you guys mentioned are ideas to be used on future coins if this one is a success. Thanks for playing. If you all want to try figuring out which post was closest, I'll say that one of the most basic details on the front is that I wanted the Coins to have the "Feel" of a traffic sign.