Colorado 400T

rjmlakota

Well, this was my second time contacting Garmin support for the accuracy issue with the Colorado 400t. The first time they had me do a master reset. Well, that didn't help. I'm still getting accuracy levels out to 56'! When I get these levels my GPSV & 376C show an accuracy level of 23-25'. So, I contacted technical support again today. Now they want to me to reinstall the software using the web updater. Does anyone think this will help?

Also, I was told that if reinstalling the software does not help, I will need to send the unit in for REPAIR! :)

I've only had this thing for 2 months and only used it 3 times so far. Do you think this can be one the units that were first manufactured by Garmin and were defective? Is there a way to get them to "REPLACE" the unit instead of repairing the unit??

Thanks in advance,

RJ

Well, this was my second time contacting Garmin support for the accuracy issue with the Colorado 400t. The first time they had me do a master reset. Well, that didn't help. I'm still getting accuracy levels out to 56'! When I get these levels my GPSV & 376C show an accuracy level of 23-25'. So, I contacted technical support again today. Now they want to me to reinstall the software using the web updater. Does anyone think this will help?

Just yesterday Garmin released a new firmware update for the Colorado (and other) model lines. It is possible that they want you to use the web updater to make sure that you get that firmware update installed in your device. There is little (if any) documentation on what was changed in this update so we can only conjecture that it is to address the accuracy issues some people have been reporting.

Using the latest firmware and chipset update has cured (so far) all of my problems with the Colorado.

Many questions though....did you have WAAS on? Have you let the GPS sit outside and update the Almanac info for around an hour or so? Are you talking about the EPE reported as accuracy on the screen? ? etc?

Using the latest firmware and chipset update has cured (so far) all of my problems with the Colorado.

Many questions though....did you have WAAS on? Have you let the GPS sit outside and update the Almanac info for around an hour or so? Are you talking about the EPE reported as accuracy on the screen? ? etc?

Yes, WAAS was on. Yes, I did have the GPS set outside for at least an hour. I used the unit almost the entire day Sunday. I had this issue numerous times through out the day. I'm referring to the Accuracy display when in the Satellite screen. It can read 23' and then it will go to 48' after just walking 10 yards.

What firmware and GPS firmware were you running?

Setup/System/Left Soft Key/Software version There are 2 numbers. The latest is 2.70/2.80

Software Version 2.70 - Just updated to GPS Software Version 2.80.

What is the difference between 2.70 & 2.80?

Thanks

RJ

The update 2.80 is tied to the GPS chipset only inside your Colorado, and in thoery, improves performance and functionality of GPS tracking.

Software 2.70 is related to the operation and performance of the Colorado outside of the GPS chipset (application fixes, additional software features, etc.)