You know you're a Geocacher when...

Team O-Zone

When you are going to buy a new to you vehicle and decide you really need 4WD.

AND.... you put a TB on it, outfit it with two sets of charger cords for you and your partner, keep at least a half full tank of gas in it, have several NFS maps in it for the backroads, and think nothing of driving 400 miles in a day for the DeLorme Challenge! :rolleyes:

When you plan your wedding around Geocaching. I actually had caches activated during our reception for the folks with GPS's at the party.

OK, that's just cool! (the wedding thing)

when you see a camo SUV and think, hey, now that would make a great container!

;)

camo1gf9.jpg

Edited by thistleRacers

You know you are a geocacher when...

-You say "Honey, I will be back in an hour or two, or three, or four."

-Wherever you go you have the gps, the laptop, and a portable printer.

-You buy a 64 pack of AA batteries just for your gps.

-You decide you hate buying the batteries and decide to get the car charger.

-You forget to change out of your caching clothes when you go to work.

-You show up at drug store with 5 TB's in your hand with you saying, "I found the cache!!!"

-You have a nervous breakdown because you couldnt find the cache.

-You say, "Honey, can you pull over here.", *5 min. later, "Honey, can you pull over here."

-You hang a big painting of a geocache on your cubical.

This took me about 5 min. but it was a fun thing... :)

*Try and beat this amount! :) *

Dude the cache a day thing is an awesome idea

When your 5 year old son sees a black box behind the bushes as you enter the mall and says "geocache"! (when really it is a mouse trap) and then later when walking through a parking lot with shrubs and pinestraw in the medians he says "this would be a good place to hide a cache" and you you were thinking the same thing...

:drama:

That thread is a lot of fun !

Ok, so you know you're a geocacher...

- When your mom asks you to clean up your room and says "There is a cache underneath your clothes". And when you're done cleaning, you realize she lied but you can't help thinking "dadgum, she's good !"

- When you can't walk nearby a rock wall without thinking "I could easily put a micro here. Or here. Oh, and here too!"

- When a friend asks you if you wanna go for a trip with her for the weekend and you say "Yes sure ! Can I geocache ? No ? Oh, nevermind, I'm sick that day..."

- When you're in a place with nothing around, you see somebody and you wonder if he's a geocacher too.

- When you see somebody walking in the streets with a GPSr and smile at them saying "You're a geocacher, right" ? and the people look at you really weird. No, they were just lost...

- When you have to walk through a freaky and really dark cave, and you're really scared by the bats inside, but you think "Fudge, it's for a cache, it's all worth it". And you just keep saying this until you reach the cache !

- When somebody offers you a job for the summer far away from your house, and before you say "yes" or "no", you check if the caches are worth it over there.

you know when your a newbie obsessed with geocaching when..

1) your cute little lady bug antenna topper is now a green frog

2) everything you buy has a air tight or screw type lid

3) when you have searched for a cache 3 times and get so mad- hubby wants you to "see someone" about your anger issues

4) any othertime you see a muggle you just view them out to the corner of your eye, BUT when a lanyard cord drops from their hand .. YOU DIVE FOR THE BUSHES!!

5) you come to realize how dangerous it is to use your cell phone wile driving, is as bad as watching your GPS--- AND YES TODAY I CAUGHT MY SELF DRIVING DOWN THE MIDDLE OF THE ROAD B)

6) every cute key chain you think could be the best sig item - IF YOU DIDNT ALREADY HAVE LIKE A MILLION OF THEM MADE UP THE DAY YOU FOUND YOUR FIRST GEOCACHE. the day i found my first cache is the day i stayed up till 4am painting 66 wooden nickles!

7) where as b4, facebook was always open- now the forums is a permanent tab!

8) you do a level 5 terrain and slip down a hill - rip your pants! and decide to go back out the next morning because you still have BUTT SKIN left-lol

HAPPY AND SAFE GEOCACHING ALL YOU OBSESSIVE GEOPEOPLE!

Edited by chai_latte

*Once you've zeroed in on a cache, not even Chuck Norris can stop you.

*"My Precious" is what you call your GPS: Using it only makes you more addicted; You like to think it renders you invisible; It leads you straight to Mount Doom (That's a cache...or it should be).

*Devotion is having a few twigs in your hair.

*My evening drink is TEA O' caching. My game system is the WII O'caching. My premium membership dues are a FEE O'caching. This cheese is my BRIE O'caching. And...you see that bee right there?

*A box of dollar-store toys in the woods beats Christmas presents under your tree.

Don't worry - you're not the only one to have been possessed by the geocaching artistic muse.

When I hid my first cache, called Sentinel Palms (GC2BK9C), I was so excited that I wrote this silliness - to the tune of "The Sound of Music." ...Lol.

The woods are aliiiive

With the sound of caching...

With purposeless gems

That I have to fiiiind...

Adventures abound,

Crazy squirrel-like staaaashing...

The 10-year-old in me is so...satisfied.

Don't worry - you're not the only one to have been possessed by the geocaching artistic muse.

When I hid my first cache, called Sentinel Palms (GC2BK9C), I was so excited that I wrote this silliness - to the tune of "The Sound of Music." ...Lol.

The woods are aliiiive

With the sound of caching...

With purposeless gems

That I have to fiiiind...

Adventures abound,

Crazy squirrel-like staaaashing...

The 10-year-old in me is so...satisfied.

Love it! :rolleyes:

When you find a difficult cache, you feel like you won the lottery!

You bought a vehicle that is BETTER than what you had, with Geocaching in mind (Jeep Wrangler Rubicon here).

Had the first happen just two days ago, several DNFs on a cache including my own first attempt. Went back the next day & hunted for an hour before I found it - LOL

My wife & I have been discussing buying a new car - something with 4-wheel capability & long enough for us to sleep in if necessary! :)

You mow your yard in a circular pattern (as if having GPS in hand) to make your wife roll her eyes; but this back fires on you because it causes withdrawals, so you call her at work (we own only one car) & tell her to run home quick (you'll drop her off again) cause you just gotta go find yesterday's DNF.

Good thing she works close, even better that she loves me so much!

:)

Yeah, I found it then

You've only been at it for two days and on the third day it's your 19th Wedding Anniversary.......and after dinner you hit three caches on the way to your favorite desert place? Does that count? Are we geocachers already?

'Cause....that's how it went down tonight. :) LOL

One Found It!, two DNF's and a nice dinner with cheesecake afterwards!

Happy Anniversary to us!

Edited by OwlJones

You've only been at it for two days and on the third day it's your 19th Wedding Anniversary.......and after dinner you hit three caches on the way to your favorite desert place? Does that count? Are we geocachers already?

'Cause....that's how it went down tonight. :) LOL

One Found It!, two DNF's and a nice dinner with cheesecake afterwards!

Happy Anniversary to us!

Congrats! :D

And yes, you are definitely members of the cult hobby.

When your 5 year old son sees a black box behind the bushes as you enter the mall and says "geocache"! (when really it is a mouse trap) and then later when walking through a parking lot with shrubs and pinestraw in the medians he says "this would be a good place to hide a cache" and you you were thinking the same thing...

:blink:

My five year old says this all the time. I'm bringing him up just right. :)

Warning: Nerd Speak ahead.

You know you are obsessed when you want a good excuse to have a GPS ready 24/7, and a way to access cache info at any moment. Welcome to the 21st century. The obsession part though, having tried various apps for my droid, and being dissatisfied with most, wrote out a custom app, voided my warranty rooting out my phone, and spent several weeks ignoring everything but perfecting this app. Now I can connect directly to geocaching.com’s Database, and upload my find on the spot, not to mention scan for new caches while pretending to do work on my cell-phone. And, I no longer have to pretend my GPS is a cell phone when muggles appear, because it is! (don’t act like you haven’t done the exact same thing…)

p.s., I can't release my code, but c:geo is an excellant and FREE app for android phones on the market that dosn't leave much wanting. Not an endorsment, just took me forever to find a decent app before deciding to write my own, and I wished someone would have helped me. iphoneres, sorry, I was banned by ATT for skiping a 200 bill 15 years ago, and didn't want to put down a 500 dollar deposit.

have fun, and cache on!

You do a lot that is mentioned in this thread and can still come up with more to add to it. Such as...

*Your wife is wheeling you out of the hospital after heart surgery and you groan, not because of pain, but because you can see where a cache is supposed to be hidden and you keep saying, I'll be back for a check up soon and we'll meet again.

*Four days after your release from the hospital mentioned above you go to a Homeschool event and you walk to a nearby cache and find it with your wife before going back to the wheelchair and say that it was good exercise for your legs and heart.

*You hide an anniversary note to your wife in the cache you are about to have published (on your anniversary) and you tell her you want her to find it to make sure other cachers can find it. The note says "I am taking you to Niagara Falls for our 25th anniversary and we leave tomorrow morning."

*You already have the caches in the Niagara Falls area loaded into your GPS. (I did.)

*When your son calls and asks why you haven't picked them up yet from their outing he then asks "Are you Geocaching?"

*Your friends all call you for advice on which GPS to buy or how many caches are in a particular location they are going to.

*You are about to send your oldest son off to Iraq and you take your wife, son and a friend to find some caches before he leaves, and you tell him about the caches in Iraq.

*After being home for several months from Iraq your son calls to tell you he is going to Oman and you tell him there are several pages of caches hidden there and he should try and find some of them.

When you postpone your wedding day because of a Geocaching event taking place on the same day :D

When you tell your daughters that the GPSr is their little brother!

When you refer to people as Muggles unless they can prove they were Geocachers.

When you lose your car keys and your wife tells you she looked for them signed DNF.

When you deposit money to your account and the teller asks you: would you like a receite? and you answer: No I like Paperless Caching" :D

You know you are a geocacher when....

1. You buy tupperware on every grocery trip "just in case"

2. Your hiking boots live in your car "just in case"

3. You convert your fishing tackle box to a geocache repair kit

4. You have a ready-made fake rock mould

5. LBH PNA ERNQ GUVF JVGHBHG QRPELCGNAT

6. You consider making your wedding bands trackable...

You know you're a Geocacher when...

a) your dreams are about geocaching

B) you see a "strange" rock on a wall and you go there and check to see if it is a cache

c) you see a beautiful place and you think that could be there a cache.

I am a and b and c. xD

As a} above. My dream/nightmare last night had me walking in some long grass, with the trail surrounded by high wire fences, GPS in hand following the arrow towards an old rotten tree. I remember feeling elated because the area round the tree had been well trampled which appeared to be a good sign that previous searchers had been to this spot. As I commenced my search I felt that I was being watched and I turned round to see a whole pride of lions staring at me. I started to run but realised I was in some sort of safari park enclosure. At this stage I seemed to be in such a terrified state I actually woke myself up in a mad panic.

After sitting up in bed and pulling myself together I then felt disappointed that I had not found the cache!!

I have to be careful how I make out checks now.

I made out a check the other day and wrote in the date, then signed my name Sol Seaker.

I've got to make sure I write the date first now,then fill in the amount, etc. then sign my name last, so I don't write the date just before my name.

Somehow I think that every time I sign the date I've got to write "Sol Seaker" after it.