You know you're a Geocacher when...

Team O-Zone

you know your a geocacher when you make a cache out of this forum GC1JHHY

you might be a geocacher if ????

A cache by vtwinspin Hidden: 11/29/2008

Size: (Regular) Difficulty: Terrain: (1 is easiest, 5 is hardest)

Greyed out links are only available to Premium Members.

N 43° 50.310 W 091° 15.929 [Other Conversions]

UTM: 15T E 639440 N 4855397

SW 2.3mi from your home coordinates

In Wisconsin, United States [View Map]

Print:

Simple (No Logs) | Driving Directions | PDF: [No Logs] [5 Logs] [10 Logs]

Download: [Read About Waypoint Downloads]

| | |

Please note: To use the services of geocaching.com, you must agree to the terms and conditions in our disclaimer.

this is a great area to go fishing in order to log this cache you must complete the question you might be a geocacher if ???

Additional Hints ( Decrypt )

Decryption Key

A|B|C|D|E|F|G|H|I|J|K|L|M

-------------------------

N|O|P|Q|R|S|T|U|V|W|X|Y|Z

(letter above equals below,

and vice versa)

ghpxrq va qrnq jbbq

(Decrypted Hints)

Additional Waypoints

No additional waypoints to display. New Waypoint.

Find...

...other caches hidden or found by this user

...nearby caches of this type, that I haven't found

...all nearby caches, that I haven't found

...all nearby waymarks on Waymarking.com

...all nearby benchmarks

...all nearby Hotels

For online maps...

Geocaching.com Google Map

MyTopo Maps

Google Maps

MapQuest

Microsoft MapPoint

Yahoo Maps

Rand McNally

Terraserver

Tiger Census Maps

Navigation log your visit

watch listing

edit listing

edit attributes

waypoints

upload images

archive listing

disable listing

ignore listing

bookmark listing

Attributes

No attributes found. Help your fellow geocachers by adding attributes about your cache!

Inventory

What is a Travel Bug?

Logged Visits ( 2 total. )

1 1

Warning. Spoilers may be included in the descriptions or links.

Cache find counts are based on the last time the page generated.

Cache Logs

November 30 by Trekkin' and birdin' (3302 found)

I just have to say, "You might be a geocacher if" you turn off the Packer football game leave the warmth of the home and brave the elements! This weather is just the beginning of what's to come in the Coulee Region.

I did just that, turned off the Packer game (if you can call it a game) and recorded the FTF on a snowy day in La Crosse.

Trekkin'

SL/TNLN/TFTC!

[This entry was edited by Trekkin' and birdin' on Monday, December 08, 2008 at 9:13:17 AM.]

[view this log on a separate page]

November 30 by WGA3 (0 found)

Published

[view this log on a separate page]

Current time: 12/8/2008 7:15:46 PM

Last Updated: 12/8/2008 5:13:17 PM

Last Found: 11/30/2008 8:00:00 PM

Published By: WGA3

Rendered: From Database

Coordinates are in the WGS84 datum

Geocaching.com

When your job tasks you with a driving task to another town many miles away and you are asked to suggest a co-driver.......

You choose a smoker!

Why you ask?

Because the vehicle is non-smoking and you are forced to stop at pull offs and rest stops so they can have a smoke.

Oh, and how coincidental, there's a Geocache at those stops.

Guilty as charged, many times over.

Binrat

Edited by Binrat

Cool idea. I have some and only a few apply to me.

You can't leave the house without these three important things:

1) Sunglasses

2) Car keys

3) GPS

Lol, everytime I dont take the gps I always seem to have the opportunity to search for caches, so now I dont leave home without it :(

You get the kids meal at BK or Mcdonald's for the swag

I actually did this with Sonic toys, so sad lol

You know when your bad

Wife is labor and you suggest just a quick stop on the way to the hospital :laughing:

Your wife has been pushing for 24 hours and you "suggest" you go out for a smoke with your GPS in your jacket and she's yell WHEN THE F*** DID YOU START SMOKING YOU SON OF A B^%$# YOU BETTER NOT TRY TO FIND A F$#@ CACHE :D

When the baby comes out your looking for the log

When you whine and powt about not have time to cache and your wife thinks it funny to put a log in the diaper and wait for a poppy one and tell you to go find the cache and hands you the baby

After 6 weeks of waiting, ( you know that I mean) You hope your the FTF the cache :blink:

And no I'm not stupid to try any of these, just because I started caching after my kids birth lmfao

*When you pray you don't get pulled over by the cops because you don't want to try explaining all the electronic gear, the ammo can, the camo-covered items, and the pointy stick in the back seat of the car.

*When out in the woods you see a bush shaking, and hear giggles and moaning, only to think "Dang! They beat me to GC3X4RT!"

**When you and the hubby decide you need to head to the grocery storeto get stuff for dinner that evening, and you ask,"Well, could you get out the e-trex and download a couple of caches first? We don't want to waste a trip!"

**When you get back from the grocery store with a bag full of mctoys and realize you forgot about dinner.

**You went out and bought a new purse, just for geocaching and hiking. Only you can justify it by not calling it a purse. "But honey, it's a nice rugged canvas messenger bag, with room for a water bottle and everything..." (oops, I shouldn't'a said that...) :blink:

**When asked what you would take with you to a desert island, you list your wallet, phone, camera, gpsr, and Swiss army knife.

**You object when some 10 yr old Harry Potter fan calls you a muggle.

**When fellow cube zombies at work start bringing in unused Tupperware containers and old key chains and useless junk for you to use as swag.

**When you gtry to give the hubby driving directions, and he asks for the bearing. (That could just mean he's ex-Navy, though...)

**You head to the paint aisle at Wal-mart, only to be disappointed that they don't have any cans of camo-colored spray paint. You decide to go to the craft aisle to see if they have camouflage stencils.

**you are also disappointed that your local scrapbook store doesn't have any geocaching themed embellishments to compliment your FTF photos. You ask if they can stock Groundspeak licensed items.

**You hide a cache practically on your own doorstep hoping that local cachers will come by and say hi.

You know your a geocacher when you add geo as a new prefix to words..

Like "honey did you bring the geoblock"

or when you get stuff in your shoe "I need to stop and get this geojunk out of my boot."

we even have a new pet named GeoCATcher

you know your a geocacher when you are out in the woods after get all you finds andrealize you forgot to mark the car location.

you know your a geocacher when you save puzzle caches, that need to be solved, for a rainy day.

you know your a geocacher when you critique others hides and talk with you geobuddy about howyou would have hidden it.

you know your a geocacher when you go after missing archived cache because you think with enough searching of the area you will find the cache.

you know your a geocacher when it gets dark out you decide to go after that last one in a string because you didnt come this far to leave one undone

you know you are geocacher when it late at night and you cant sleep you go after that night cache thats been on your list.

**You hide a cache practically on your own doorstep hoping that local cachers will come by and say hi.

If it's legal, my boyfriend and I actually plan on hiding a cache in our house (when we're not planning on moving and all). ^^

Our own adds to the thread...

- you constantly point out caches you've found/know the general area of where they are when you're driving about town.

- you have to be dragged away from DNF's kicking and whimpering.

- you honestly have no idea what way is north and yet you consistently function quite well as the navigator of caching trips.

- you wish your boyfriend would manage to propose to you somehow using geocaching. :)

- you wonder how to translate it into your favorite online game.

When you can play "connect the dots" with the mosquito bites on your body, and spell out your gc.com user name AND the name of your favorite cache.

when all your pets have TB tags on their collars, and more than 20 of the local cachers have discovered them.

When you have more than 3 TB t-shirts.

When you have a TB sign for the back window of your cache-mobile, and a vanity plate # that matches the TB's number.

When you look around for a newbie to recruit for the game, in part to carry your 2nd backpack of swag.

When poison ivy plants recognize you, and either give up in disgust, or pull up their roots and walk over to greet you.

OK, after that last one, I think I'm tapped out!

Sorry to dig up a slightly old thread

You know you're a geocacher when you read every post in this thread and laugh when you see something that you're guilty of.

When you place a cache or several caches outside your school/uni/work and you play 'spot the cacher' in your spare time.

Whenever you go past a cache you have found you desperately look out the window to see if you can spot any cachers

LMAOO. I'm so guilty of this . I've got 2 hide just down the street from my house and when they got published I waited outside for cachers to show up for the FTF ....then talked to them after they made the find .

My wife calls me a stalker :D:D

you know your a cacher when you take your GPS everywere you go now, with caches loaded up to about 30 miles away

you hear of a tornado in your area and wonder how many caches have been affected, never mind the people

You know you're a cacher when you have ALL your countries caches + ALL caches within 50 miles around your house in your car GPS :D

That's about 7000 of them :rolleyes:

you know you're a cacher when your girlfriend gets angry because she can't have a normal conversation in the car without you interrupting her "there's a cache", "and there", "and there", "and th... oh wait, I've already found that one", "and there",...

you know your a cacher when you take your GPS everywere you go now, with caches loaded up to about 30 miles away

you hear of a tornado in your area and wonder how many caches have been affected, never mind the people

You know you're a cacher when you have ALL your countries caches + ALL caches within 50 miles around your house in your car GPS :D

That's about 7000 of them :rolleyes:

you know you're a cacher when your girlfriend gets angry because she can't have a normal conversation in the car without you interrupting her "there's a cache", "and there", "and there", "and th... oh wait, I've already found that one", "and there",...

well, here's an update to mine

You know your a cacher when your tiny Garmin Etrex H tells you that you can't place anymore waypoints into the GPS

You know you're a Geocacher when....

you step outside of a store or restaurant and the first thing you automatically do is take your idle cellular phone out of your pocket and put it up to your ear as to not look suspicious....

Edited by viper808

When you log a DNF and the next day someone logs the FIND, and you remain depressed all day. Then you look for it again, DNF again, and then someone finds it the next day. Rinse and Repeat, happened to us, and we found it on our FIFTH try, the cache is 70 miles from home and up at 9,500 feet elevation. Thank God for Lexapro.

When you find a difficult cache, you feel like you won the lottery!

You bought a vehicle that is BETTER than what you had, with Geocaching in mind (Jeep Wrangler Rubicon here).

This actually happened, on a cache I hid with my mother in California, we had a bet who would be FTF between two cachers, and one of them got the email alert, left his own BIRTHDAY PARTY to grab the cache. Read the first log here:

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...=y&decrypt=

You place a cache as close as possible to a prohibited place, such as a National Forest or Tribal Land. I have three caches that you can reach out and touch the boundary fence for a National Forest when your hands are on the cache.