What is your geocaching outfit?

scubajt41

I like the woodzy type caches with a hike so I dress like I belong in the woods. Usually muggle free places. I wear a back pack and clothes with alot of pockets, and boots. Always have my camera on board, and a pair of snips for the briars! I have taken so many pictures my friends and family run from me! I only cache with orange on sundays during hunting season. No one has ever asked me - why you dressed like that!

I usually wear some old jeans, a t-shirt, old workboots and a Carhartt jacket & hat when it's cold.

I used to wear BDU pants a lot because they're practically indestructible, but a couple of cachers noticed the pattern and teased me about it. :laughing:

When it's really really cold, I have warm camo coveralls and boots a friend gave me after his trip to hunt polar bears in the Arctic Circle. They're comically enormous, but my toes are warm!

Edited by ipodguy

Glad This Guy didn't respond to this question

Edit: His pictures are soooo funny

OMG! Is this guy for real!!! My kids are dying to know why I, out of no where, started LMAO. Freaking awesome!!

Anyway, I try to wear my geo shirt (so others will know), good pair of jeans, and my awsome Kelty back pack outfitted with all the geocaching fixins!

How can I type about this right now I can't stop laughing!!! :bad::lol::lol:

Bet there's one "cache attribute" that he avoids -- poison ivy! ;)

Here in the team we all have our different clothes but they are all for outdoor/wood caching, since we prefer those.

We all have:

Cargo pants, the pockets are very useful.

Hiking boots, because without them there's no use in going out in the first place.

A long sleeve shirt with a t-shirt under it, sometimes it's better because of the cold.

A pair of gloves, you never know where are you going to put your hand.

Sunglasses, to protect your eyes against the sun or for style purposes only like some :P

Then we all have our personal touches like small bracelets, watches, scarfs, hats you name it.

Also have a backpack, it's importance is beyond huge and the first time we went without it was a bad day :lol:

I wish I had an "outfit," like some kind of caching uniform. But truth be known, I ain't all that fancy. I've found some caches while dressed to the nines - usually urban, near restaurants I may be going to. If it's warm, my outfit is whatever I have on at the time which is usually shorts. Like hippietwinkie above, I prefer to tromp around barefoot, especially in the woods.

I wear. Digital BDU's, Quality 5.11 tactical boots. I wear a typically MARINE T-shirt. I carry my gear in a Tactical vest. Pockets for EVERYTHING. I have more compartments than stuff. But all my tools, spare batteries, flashlights x2, water, rain gear, E-Blanket. Bug Spray, sunscreen, tick remover. Binoculars, first aid kit. More water. Whistle, signal mirror, 2 days worth of my mandatory medicines sealed in a pill-fob. Extra pens. Extra plastic bags to replace torn bags in caches. CITO bags. SWAG to trade, and at least one track able in case I find something cool. I really like the packable hat GROUND SPEAK sells. I do carry a K-Bar knife. Sunglasses. Strike anywhere matches in a water proof container. A standard compass in case GPS inexplicably dies. Pair of socks.

8 years of MARINE, taught me its better to be too prepared, than unprepared.

I.D. A "little cash".

Always be prepared. As my Grandaddy taught me, roughing it is like toilet paper. "its better to have too much, than too little.

FWIW.

DOCSpanky