THANKS!

DresselDragons

When I wrote my entry for this thread, it was about 1 in the morning and I was pretty tired from traveling and the event. So I wanted to add on to what i originally wrote if I may.

This was the 2nd Mega event I have attended since I've been geocaching. It was the 1st coin related event I've been too. Montana isn't exactly the hub of caching events and events are always so far away for me no matter where they are. So with that in mind.....

For those of you who lurk or don't post much or are maybe a bit introverted.... for those of you who read these forum threads and get frustrated with posters or sick to death of the everyday crap posted on here and maybe, just maybe decided not to attend these big events because of the above reasons or others (other than can't afford to go type of things). Let me tell you (I did say something like this after GW6 too). Please consider going to a Mega in the future. Don't let shyness, distance, language barrier or these threads hinder your coming to an event. I think you'll find these events to be alot of fun and a great way to put faces to names, see the personality behind the poster and learn that most people are very outgoing, happy to meet you, and very generous (I won't lie and say there aren't some duds in the group :)) but overall it's a really great experience. The people who organize and put these events together really put alot of time, effort, and money into these things. The 2 I've been to have been very well organized and I've had a really nice time. You can always find someone to talk to, it's a great way to make new friends and touch base with old ones. I really wish I could get to more of them. I can guarantee you'll be smiling and laughing alot if you make the effort.

The best part of this whole thing other than the Ben and Jerry's Ice Cream store at the Denver airport (that I hit to Pitt and back :)) was just meeting a bunch of people that I have chatted with here over the months and getting a chance to meet people who buy my designs. It doesn't get much better than that.

Again, kudos to the GCF crew and all those involved in making this event a success, it's the reason I try to attend a couple of big events each year! Thanks for the memories but I am happy to be home now with my dogs :)

I couldnt have said it better myself Tsun. I had a blast and I am not an outgoing type of person. I met all the people on the list and felt right at home with everyone. And yes I had preconceived notions of some of the crew on the forums....all were erased after meeting everyone. I had fun, my kiddos (Erin & Sean) had fun, and even the grumpy ole hubby had fun. The kids now wants theri own coin :unsure: and I know that I have some great internet friends! Thanks to all and cant wait to see y'all again. (HA!!! I'm not in PA I can say y'all again!!!!) :laughing:

SNIP

For those of you who lurk or don't post much or are maybe a bit introverted.... for those of you who read these forum threads and get frustrated with posters or sick to death of the everyday crap posted on here and maybe, just maybe decided not to attend these big events because of the above reasons or others (other than can't afford to go type of things). Let me tell you (I did say something like this after GW6 too). Please consider going to a Mega in the future. Don't let shyness, distance, language barrier or these threads hinder your coming to an event. I think you'll find these events to be alot of fun and a great way to put faces to names, see the personality behind the poster and learn that most people are very outgoing, happy to meet you, and very generous (I won't lie and say there aren't some duds in the group :P) but overall it's a really great experience. The people who organize and put these events together really put alot of time, effort, and money into these things. The 2 I've been to have been very well organized and I've had a really nice time. You can always find someone to talk to, it's a great way to make new friends and touch base with old ones. I really wish I could get to more of them. I can guarantee you'll be smiling and laughing alot if you make the effort.

The best part of this whole thing other than the Ben and Jerry's Ice Cream store at the Denver airport (that I hit to Pitt and back :D) was just meeting a bunch of people that I have chatted with here over the months and getting a chance to meet people who buy my designs. It doesn't get much better than that.

Again, kudos to the GCF crew and all those involved in making this event a success, it's the reason I try to attend a couple of big events each year! Thanks for the memories but I am happy to be home now with my dogs :D

couldnt have said it better myself Tsun. I had a blast and I am not an outgoing type of person. I met all the people on the list and felt right at home with everyone. And yes I had preconceived notions of some of the crew on the forums....all were erased after meeting everyone. I had fun, my kiddos (Erin & Sean) had fun, and even the grumpy ole hubby had fun. The kids now wants theri own coin and I know that I have some great internet friends! Thanks to all and cant wait to see y'all again. (HA!!! I'm not in PA I can say y'all again!!!!)

Well dont they say Y'all down south?

I couldnt have said it better myself Tsun. I had a blast and I am not an outgoing type of person. I met all the people on the list and felt right at home with everyone. And yes I had preconceived notions of some of the crew on the forums....all were erased after meeting everyone. I had fun, my kiddos (Erin & Sean) had fun, and even the grumpy ole hubby had fun. The kids now wants theri own coin :unsure: and I know that I have some great internet friends! Thanks to all and cant wait to see y'all again. (HA!!! I'm not in PA I can say y'all again!!!!) :laughing:

SNIP

For those of you who lurk or don't post much or are maybe a bit introverted.... for those of you who read these forum threads and get frustrated with posters or sick to death of the everyday crap posted on here and maybe, just maybe decided not to attend these big events because of the above reasons or others (other than can't afford to go type of things). Please consider going to a Mega in the future. Don't let shyness, distance, language barrier or these threads hinder your coming to an event. I think you'll find these events to be alot of fun and a great way to put faces to names, see the personality behind the poster and learn that most people are very outgoing, happy to meet you, and very generous but overall it's a really great experience. The people who organize and put these events together really put alot of time, effort, and money into these things.

Again, kudos to the GCF crew and all those involved in making this event a success, it's the reason I try to attend a couple of big events each year! Thanks for the memories but I am happy to be home now with my dogs :P

Very well said. I am a quiet, gentle person who speaks softly and sits in the corner, People were so friendly and nice, I think this event did a lot to overcome my shy nature... seriously though, I couldn't have asked for a better weekend, the weather was perfect, the people I met were all great, I had a chance to share my personal coin with a bunch of people and it was just great to hang out with so many like-minded (oh shiny!) people. :D

couldnt have said it better myself Tsun. I had a blast and I am not an outgoing type of person. I met all the people on the list and felt right at home with everyone. And yes I had preconceived notions of some of the crew on the forums....all were erased after meeting everyone. I had fun, my kiddos (Erin & Sean) had fun, and even the grumpy ole hubby had fun. The kids now wants theri own coin and I know that I have some great internet friends! Thanks to all and cant wait to see y'all again. (HA!!! I'm not in PA I can say y'all again!!!!)

Well dont they say Y'all down south?

We say yall the PA crowd says Yinz. And if you say yall in PA people ask you where are you from. :) The lady at the gas station we stopped at actually called me precious with my southern accent. :(

Just got home and feel like I am almost to late to say THANK YOU to EVERYONE involved in this wonderful event.

I posted in one of the other coinfest logs and made sure to put a link to the photos of the poker challenge. I will never for get KayakerMaine for knocking me out but at least I lasted longer then Mackey. LOL

Loved trading pathtags with all the young ones, it was great to see their face when the had completed another successful trade, I am soooo glad I threw them in with my coins. Ended up hand carring over 50 pounds of coins on the plane as their was no way they were getting out of sight. LOL

Seeing and putting a face to a forum name was one of my highlights, and the warmth and friendly attitude was spread throughout the room. Trading coins was fun but it just seemed like the time flew by, having the little one Xander aka Paws-and-Effect with us kinda slowed down some of the trades but it was wonderful to spend time with all those who were so generous with their offers.

To all the volunteers, WOW, you outdid yourselves.....Next year I will try and help out more as I can only imagine what was going on behind the scene of this well run event. You really outdid yourselves.

I will start saving up for the next event but I don't know if anyone can top this one..... :(:):D