Celtic tree of life

scavok

I was just blown away buy this, I am new to geo caching and am still trying to figure things out but his was one of the first threads I walked into about geo coins and the artistry of the tree of life has blown me away...if someone could send me a message explaining how to purchase such beautiful creations I would be very grateful.

Still no concrete delivery date, but I wanted to post to let you all know the corrections are still being minted. I will be purchasing the mistake finished coins and selling them at a slightly discounted price (basically free tracking codes is the $ amount I got reduced). They will be sold just like any other sale I've had with in-hand stock - I will send out an email to subscribers from my website and once the initial rush of sales has died off I will post a link here too. I'll put a limit on them so hopefully they don't sell out in 10 minutes like sales in the past have :)

Edited by scavok

How many were minted with the silver on gold? I found one of your coins on eBay recently and it came from CoinsAndPins. I didn't see anywhere of you detailing this color scheme, but it is still a beautiful coin. I will probably never let this one go...

Edited by WarhawkXF

I received confirmation yesterday that the replacement coins were sent out to me and I expect them here by the end of the week :)

I will be putting the "mistake" coins up for sale sometime tomorrow, the exact time (when I figure out my schedule) I'll announce here and by my website's newsletter. I received a couple requests from people wishing to combine these sales with their delayed orders as a way to save on shipping, but I'm going to keep everything separated for sanity's sake and to keep everything as fair as possible between buyers.

If everything goes according to plan this means that I only have to make one trip to the post office as well, but we all know how well things go according to plan :)

Is is a shiny coin or a satin finish and is it the 2" diameter or the 1.75" ?

How many were minted with the silver on gold? I found one of your coins on eBay recently and it came from CoinsAndPins. I didn't see anywhere of you detailing this color scheme, but it is still a beautiful coin. I will probably never let this one go...

I received confirmation yesterday that the replacement coins were sent out to me and I expect them here by the end of the week :)

I will be putting the "mistake" coins up for sale sometime tomorrow, the exact time (when I figure out my schedule) I'll announce here and by my website's newsletter. I received a couple requests from people wishing to combine these sales with their delayed orders as a way to save on shipping, but I'm going to keep everything separated for sanity's sake and to keep everything as fair as possible between buyers.

If everything goes according to plan this means that I only have to make one trip to the post office as well, but we all know how well things go according to plan :)

Will be sleeping(or not!) next to my computer...(fingers crossed, no blinking) :blink:

edited for spelling - (really need to blink...)

Edited by BuckeyeView

The link to sales will be:

scavok.com

There will be detailed photos of the actual items on each item page.

These are in-hand items so will be shipped out pretty quick. For those of you waiting for the corrected versions of these coins, I expect them in the mail today or tomorrow and will ship them out (hopefully) at the same time as these.

It starts up in about 15 minutes (at the top of the hour) :)

I snatched one of each and when checking out, I saw the most beautiful Green on Silver was already sold out... :cry:

If anyone got two of these...

I don't know if any other version other than the Green in Gold were up for sale tonight, but of anyone was lucky and got a spare one of the others I do have a few good traders and I'm sure we can work something out :anicute:

Well dadgum!! I missed the mistakes sale! :cry: I guess that's what I get for going on an 8 mile hike...

Anyhoo, If anyone snagged an extra Red in Silver or Green in Sliver, I would LOVE to buy or trade. My trade list is in my sig line. E-mail or PMs work equally well

Pleas, please, please??? :anicute:

With sugar on top? :anicute: :anicute:

CF30

LOL!!! It edited out my "d a m n" :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Edited by Crowesfeat30

This is sort of a late announcement but ALL orders were shipped out over the weekend and into Monday. 3 of those big white post office tubs in all. There were a handful stragglers that didn't go out until today (couldn't make a PO trip on Tuesday). Sorry they went out later than expected, the corrected coins were supposed to be shipped directly to me from the manufacturers since time was of the essence, but they still shipped them to C&P who had to forward them to me. All is well now though, everyone gets their coins :D

I will be sending out an email to subscribers of my website in a few days announcing a sale of random in-hand coins of various types (TOL, tengwar, N&D) and finishes. And my Jeep is now going through more clutch fluid than gasoline so I'll be ebaying a handful of rarer coins too (I hate doing it but its either that or my dog needs to get a job). Just to keep you all interested - it includes another "mistake" color I hadn't mentioned that even made me say "wow" with how nice it looks :)

Some have order quantity limits limits and some don't. I expect them to go quickly so head on over and see if there are any missing from your collection :)

https://www.scavok.com/shop/

Also, I have a number of rare scavok coins up for auction on eBay this evening. These are for the real collectors out there and include a dark blue on .925 silver minting error finish. It was supposed to be my trade-only version but the blue didn't come out quite right - it looks awesome though :)

DBOSF600.jpg

These coins will be going up every few minutes later tonight so bookmark my seller page there:

http://myworld.ebay.com/scavokrj

Some have order quantity limits limits and some don't. I expect them to go quickly so head on over and see if there are any missing from your collection :)

https://www.scavok.com/shop/

Also, I have a number of rare scavok coins up for auction on eBay this evening. These are for the real collectors out there and include a dark blue on .925 silver minting error finish. It was supposed to be my trade-only version but the blue didn't come out quite right - it looks awesome though :)

DBOSF600.jpg

These coins will be going up every few minutes later tonight so bookmark my seller page there:

http://myworld.ebay.com/scavokrj

What is meant by .925 silver? Is that a kind of plating or is it solid silver? If it is silver plating, how is it different than regular silver plating?

It seems most coin makers (myself included sometimes) use the term "silver" to describe the shiny nickel finish. This is the real silver plating and it comes in the plastic coin case rather than the vinyl flip to prevent tarnishing.

Hmmm, got the mail about the immediate sale during night (2 a.m. in Germany). 2 hours later, everything was gone. Did I miss an announcement other than the global one a couple of days ago? Anyway, if there is somebody having some extra Natures's Night & Day coins beside the five regular editions, I do have one each Celtic Tree of Life red/green in Gold/Silver for trade.

In your auctions it is stated "1 of 10", whereas at your website minting number is 25. How many of these coins were finally minted? BTW this version is really awesome!

The number on the website is for the actual trader version. When I ordered these 10 they were suppoesed to be that trade only version but the wrong blue color was used and it came out too dark. They are quite nice but a very different color than was intended :)

I'll put up a photo of the two versions tonight for comparison.

In your auctions it is stated "1 of 10", whereas at your website minting number is 25. How many of these coins were finally minted? BTW this version is really awesome!

The number on the website is for the actual trader version. When I ordered these 10 they were suppoesed to be that trade only version but the wrong blue color was used and it came out too dark. They are quite nice but a very different color than was intended :)

I'll put up a photo of the two versions tonight for comparison.

Thanks for the info. I was already surprised about the colour, which is much darker than my blue two tone version of the CToL. So do I understand you correctly that there are 25 "real" TO blue CToL and additionally 10 coins of the dark blue version?

Thats right, 25 TO (light) blue on silver, 25 (light) blue on 2-tone and 10 of this dark blue on silver exist. The website numbers are old otherwise but will be revised when i have time to sort through all my mint orders :)

FYI - more coins (this blue included) are going up on ebay tonight too. And the presales for the Irish dancing dress coin are right around the corner :)

Thats right, 25 TO (light) blue on silver, 25 (light) blue on 2-tone and 10 of this dark blue on silver exist. The website numbers are old otherwise but will be revised when i have time to sort through all my mint orders :)

FYI - more coins (this blue included) are going up on ebay tonight too. And the presales for the Irish dancing dress coin are right around the corner :)

Hmmm, sounds I quickly have to collect some cash :lol:

First, thanks for these designs so precious.

I've received yesterday the TOL, Green ON Silver (not Green IN Silver), I've apreciated in this coin a couple of errors color in two zones, much more darker, almost black instead green -I'll post a pic later-, It seems a minting error.

Also yesterday, I've received another envelope with two TOL, Green IN Gold, that I could find on the webshop in February 12.

I Assumed that minting error only was the exchange between color and metal (background and tree), as we can see it in photo (post #335). But in these two, the green color does not cover well the tree.

I don't like the error in the Silver ON Green coin.

Although error in Gold IN Green coins is confusing, because the two coins are different -the color does not cover equally the tree in both coins-, but I still like this error minting.

I understand the enameling problem with the green IN gold - the tree was never meant to be colored so was a little more prone to unevenness (made for a high error rate on the mystery finish as I recall), but I checked them going out and none I saw were missing any enamel in any spots so I hope that isn't the case for you.

For the green ON silver - some people have mentioned the apparent unevenness on the back in-between the designs but this was intentional and consistent (picture below). I'll wait to see your pic though, this would be new to me :)

Glad you like the design anyway :)

TOL_Detail2.jpg

First, thanks for these designs so precious.

I've received yesterday the TOL, Green ON Silver (not Green IN Silver), I've apreciated in this coin a couple of errors color in two zones, much more darker, almost black instead green -I'll post a pic later-, It seems a minting error.

Also yesterday, I've received another envelope with two TOL, Green IN Gold, that I could find on the webshop in February 12.

I Assumed that minting error only was the exchange between color and metal (background and tree), as we can see it in photo (post #335). But in these two, the green color does not cover well the tree.

I don't like the error in the Silver ON Green coin.

Although error in Gold IN Green coins is confusing, because the two coins are different -the color does not cover equally the tree in both coins-, but I still like this error minting.

That is very strange and is the first I've seen like that, especially the first pic. The second I've seen a couple times but not to that extent, most of the time along the edges where the mint tries to rub off excess enamel and goes a little to far.

As for the curious about the two blue on silver coins here is the comparison, the error is on the left and the correct trader version is on the right.

2blues.jpg

That is very strange and is the first I've seen like that, especially the first pic. The second I've seen a couple times but not to that extent, most of the time along the edges where the mint tries to rub off excess enamel and goes a little to far.

Then, what solution you propose? ...I'd also like have the coins with a fine finished, like all others.

Then, what solution you propose? ...I'd also like have the coins with a fine finished, like all others.

It's a mint ERROR coin... <_<

CF30