Celtic tree of life

scavok

All orders have been updated in my system. All domestic and international orders that don't include silver finishes have been shipped. All partial orders that were requested and paind for (domestic and international) have been shipped as well.

Can't wait to get those silver ones!

Edited by scavok

Yes, but I don't know how many yet. It will be a while since everyone (including those with the silver finishes) has to have their orders sent out and delivery OK'd so I don't have to look in to replacements. Extras will be put up for sale :antenna:

I got my three today too - ant. copper, ant. bronze(gold) and shiny gold with green. They are all beautiful! :antenna:

Here's a funny thing for ya tho: I was glancing at these coins stacked off to one side on my desk and a bright red glimmer caught my eye. The Gold/ Green was on top so I thought that the red glimmer was rather odd. I picked it up & took a closer look (read: took off my glasses & studied the coin from really, really close range...). There is a single bit of red glitter on the trunk of the tree just below the left edge of the branch second from the left that shines like a single teeny tiny ruby when seen from just the right angle! :antenna: Really cool "error" if that's what one would call it!

CF30

any extras that are available for folks like myself that were sleeping under a rock when these went on sale? :antenna:

i will have extra one of each red/gold and green/gold when they arrive. i hope to be able to hold onto one red one. bought these before walter went belly up.

if you are interested drop me an email.

lara

any extras that are available for folks like myself that were sleeping under a rock when these went on sale? :laughing:

i will have extra one of each red/gold and green/gold when they arrive. i hope to be able to hold onto one red one. bought these before walter went belly up.

if you are interested drop me an email.

lara

Thanks a boatload! email sent! :lol:

WOWzers received ours (2 greenies) in the mail yesterday and they are even more awesome in person than pictured. When it take a magnifier to appreciate the fine artwork it's a sign of fine craftsmanship! We have many coins that are our favorites and this will be at the top of our list!

Only one little thingy... It should have Scavok on as it's a fine art piece worthy of the artist signature :laughing:

Thank you Scavok for a totally awesome design and concept!

BTW; We saw the question of what the symbols meant but didn't see the answer... If at all possible could you direct us to the Irish Celtic meanings of the little symbol thingies? We found info on the Celtic Tree of Life spirit but can't narrow down the symbols. You see, first the design of a coin catches our eye but if you look at our collection we like to provide as much information and history as possible, more for us than anything else I'm sure...

Our Tree of Life came yesterday and it's stunning, the pictures, although beautiful, don't even come close to the real thing. :laughing: Me thinks future (present?) pharmacist that you could have a second profession! Great job!

ps-love the big coins!

Edited by julia51:)

This art-school dropout thanks you very much for the kind words!

I will have to find my sheet of paper floating around somewhere that has the symbolism definitions. A few of the symbols have similar meanings even though they are different images (but that in itself has a meaning!). I'll get that up for you all ASAP.

BTW - I noticed last night that coincodes.com did have the coin listed for activation code retrieval.

Yes activation works and this one is up on Geocaching.com

http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?tracker=TB2X97N

Scavok if you wouldn't mind doing a discovery on this coin I'm fairly confident you've seen a couple...LOL Let me know I'll send Tracking number. Or you may have record of them (still if it's hassle to look for)..

Still working on page, just wanted to say it works just fine.

me and my wife were hunting for the animals, we found 4 birds and 2 squirls, forgot what the art had on it and would spoil the hunt...lol :) , and yes the detail is awsome,, you should see some of the samples that dident make the cut or are awaiting a remint,, just outstanding choice of colors and fine detail.

The thing i like about scavok's design choice , is his color vs metal outlook, he takes two things to make one,,For instance or example,, the copper & green tengwar,looks like copper and light brown due to the cross over of the green over the copper. :) it really looks brown in person!! :P

For instance or example,, the copper & green tengwar,looks like copper and light brown due to the cross over of the green over the copper. :) it really looks brown in person!! :)

Yea that one and the new purple are my favorites. The green on copper acts sort of like the dark blue on a.silver. It looks dark and solid in hand until you shine it with a light or take it outdoors and the underlayers just sort of come to life and everything brightens.

I was tellin DJ that the photos I took I had to use a whole bunch of bulbs in order to get all the details in the photo while in my dim living room :P

I've received a couple requests so decided to show them off.

These are the finishes I was planning on not releasing until the first remint, but as a token of good will I'll share photos early for you all. These were accidentally minted instead of the all silver version I ordered for the first round:

GO2T.jpg

RO2T.jpg

I've received a couple requests so decided to show them off.

These are the finishes I was planning on not releasing until the first remint, but as a token of good will I'll share photos early for you all. These were accidentally minted instead of the all silver version I ordered for the first round:

GO2T.jpg

RO2T.jpg

:laughing: you spilled the beans. OMG......ha ha ha. now thats a coin i gotta have too,, and these versions are really cool, the ones who like alot of detail will just love em. it really is like looking at some weved metal wires inside the tree. I cant wait! :rolleyes: ,,

]Hi scavok

This is a note to thank you for the great Celtic tree of Life Geocoins.

They are better than what I expected.

can I say that it has been a pleasure to shop with you and will pass on

your name and site details to others within the Geocaching Community of Scotland

The Laird of Balmalcolm (Scotland)

:(:(:(;):blink::blink::blink::huh:

Edited by The Laird of Balmalcolm

Found that sheet finally :blink: It was in my sketchbook along with the original drawing for the coin...

TOL_GG_back.jpg

Top Left: Triskelion

The traditional triskelion does not have 3 circles; it is 3 branched arms giving the appearance of constant forward movement. The trinity aspect has many meanings, but for the purpose of this coin my intention was representation of mind, body and spirit. Mine is a triskelion with the three branches mirrored on its self (mirrored curves create the circles) representing reflection of the past and looking to the future in all three aspects.

Top Right: The Labyrinth

One of the many symbols with many, may meanings throughout a world of cultures. This is a very important symbol to me in that the path between two points is always longer than a straight line. If you have never walked a labyrinth, go find one and use it. I’m not somebody who hums over scented candles, chanting curses and things like that so don’t think I’m a weirdo in any sort. But, really, walking a labyrinth while taking some solace and putting everything else out of your mind is an eye opener by the time you reach the center. If you've done it, you know what I mean.

Right: The Animal

This symbol is my rendition of the knot called “the animal.” There are as many meanings for this symbol as there are artistic renditions. My claim to this symbol is freedom.

Bottom Right: Arrow Trinity

Representing mind, body and spirit, this time in the sense of power, determination and inner strength.

Bottom Left: Quaternary Knot

It is a continuous knot (not the 3 sided “endless knot”) leading to all 4 classic directionals in all 4 seasons and is also believed to symbolize luck (a clover predecessor) and with luck comes protection in the journey.

Left: Flower

Celtic artists would use flowers in vines to symbolize union and the fact that as special as a single, unique item may be, there is beauty in numbers (whether it be people, flowers, adventures, experiences…). My rendition is just one flower, but interweaved vines are included.

Center: Clockwise Spiral

The simple clockwise spiral (again in the three important areas) is often representative of the sun emphasizing growth and development.

The Tree of Life:

The tree of life is the connection of all the other symbols. Also a sign of wisdom, It was the doorway between hope and reality, sustenance and protection, work and recreation. It is the symbol of complete interdependence between all aspects of the world we live in.

Scavok, you could just ship us that two toned red you have in hand, Hmmmmm? I'm sure we'd all be disappointed that we didn't get the original silver ones that we ordered, and we'd have to organize some kind of 'suffer together group', maybe even attend a couple of grief relief classes but I think you could send them out just the same. LOL : ) Just kidding, but man is that coin nice?!? I'll answer that, YES! What a superior eye for color! Now the wait to have the first minting in hand is even harder!

Two more weeks? Three?

Edited by cache_in_hand

Ah, cache_in_hand, you will soon be coin_in_hand.

The coins have been minted and are in the coloring process as of now. Just a couple more weeks to get them all done and shipped to me to send out.

Remember that the coloring is done primarily by hand and it can't be easy on this coin!

Edited by scavok

Ah, cache_in_hand, you will soon be coin_in_hand.

The coins have been minted and are in the coloring process as of now. Just a couple more weeks to get them all done and shipped to me to send out.

Remember that the coloring is done primarily by hand and it can't be easy on this coin!

:lol: I can just picture it! Somewhere in China, someone is cursing at you big time! :wub:

Had our green-on-gold CToL for a few days now, and it is truly stunning.

I keep picking it up just to gaze at it, and let my eye follow the detail.

Magnificent work.

Might as well just add my name to all presales of all future scavok coins! ;)

Edited by jonamok

I received my CTOLs' and am in awe of their beauty. Truly a well done coin and I am so glad I bought the Green/Gold version...and I NEVER buy gold! There is a slight imperfection on it where the green paint is on the tree but I am ok with that.

Just an update for everyone :P I just wasn't able to pack everything up and get to the PO before they closed this afternoon. I filled out all the customs forms and everything is good to go. Ijust have to get that heavy box to the PO now! They will be on their way tomorrow!

Edited by scavok

Just an update for everyone :rolleyes: I just wasn't able to pack everything up and get to the PO before they closed this afternoon. I filled out all the customs forms and everything is good to go. Ijust have to get that heavy box to the PO now! They will be on their way tomorrow!

the silver ones???? lunch? lol

Received my order of these today and can't say enough good about them. Absolutely beautiful !!

Thank you for another great design : )

PS... LoriDarlin....Now that I received them I'll be mailing my part of our trade out to you Monday morning. : )

i dunno if i can hold out much longer i may have to play show and tell here pretty quick if someone dosent post a special version of the tree or should i say 2 special versions!! :D:D:unsure::D if you dont want me to post a pic of your 2 special versions sir scavok please let me know.

Ha ha, yep :(

Really though, I'm posting from a little 5x5' study room at the medical campus trying to prepare for a neuro-adrenergic organ systems exam tomorrow (sounds fun, huh?). My coins are at home for the time being so no pics from me until after my exam (and some sleep) tomorrow :huh:

:P

Ha ha, yep :)

Really though, I'm posting from a little 5x5' study room at the medical campus trying to prepare for a neuro-adrenergic organ systems exam tomorrow (sounds fun, huh?). My coins are at home for the time being so no pics from me until after my exam (and some sleep) tomorrow :)

:lol: ha ha ,, ok ok ,, Im sorry , Ive been quite busy with the mix,getting everyones favorate songs from millions of tracks on records,cd,s and mp3 is alot of work . but I think they are his trader versions ??:lol: lol and i was hoping hed post them if hed want everyone to see, them because they are nice and his camera is wayyyyyy better then mine but i mabie should pm'd him instead ,,, my bad.! :o:huh::(