Celtic tree of life

scavok

Wow, just found this thread as I don't visit the coin forum much. This is a terrific coin and I'm sorry I missed the pre-sale ordering. If there will be a reminting, please let me know. My daughter, who got me into geocaching, received her PhD from Trinity College Dublin last June. This coin would mean so much to both her and me if I could order two of them. Thanks!! :bad:

so here I was minding my own business and planning on ordering this lovely coin when it became available, and WHAM... life starts happening and I didn't keep up with the thread and missed the sale completely :D

...if anyone wants to have a little mercy on me for that, and sale or trade an extra one they may have ordered, I would be forever indebted and grateful to them...

There's always a few isn't there? :D

Don't worry they will be available again. There always seems to be a second round of demand for a coin when photos start showing up in the WIYMB thread and elsewhere. I'll have whatever extras left over from this minting for sale once people have received their orders. And who knows, if people are still interested maybe I'll put up a remint soon thereafter.

----

LionsLair - did you ever get a Journey in hand? Just curious!

----

LionsLair - did you ever get a Journey in hand? Just curious!

Journey... no... ;)

Tengwar... yes... :D

Tree of Life... ??... ;)

nobody to blame but myself for not keeping up with progress on the coin... I should have signed up for the newsletter... I'm just one of those PROCRASTINATORS mentioned above... I'll definately be keeping an eye out for any extras that go on sale and I'll get the info through the newsletter I just signed up for! :D * I hope!*

yes, ok I came to brag. :yikes: .went to an event and met scavok . Im assuming Im one of the first ones to see the samples in person --lets say this,,,,If you bought this coin you will be very very happy!!! these are really nice coins and cant wait to get mine,, wish i woulda bought more! :D

Edited by DJ.J.ROCK

I just wanted to share the icon that will be applied to these coins. Mr. Yime himself did the work for these :)

The big one is just the image enlarged, the two smaller ones are the versions that will show in inventory lists.

treeoflife2x2.jpg

treeoflife32.gif

treeoflife16.gif

I just received word that the coins are scheduled to ship from the mint around march 10th. Once I receive them I will spend a (few) day(s) packaging and ship them out to everyone :(

Can't wait to see them :)

real close to shipping time

can't wait to see them too !

I just received word that the coins are scheduled to ship from the mint around march 10th. Once I receive them I will spend a (few) day(s) packaging and ship them out to everyone :ph34r:

Can't wait to see them :ph34r:

real close to shipping time

can't wait to see them too !

they are super nice coins,, and heavy,and big..with lots of lines and the dark green is really nice just like the picture,, it has that green glow off the metal!! :) he he he

Just remember where they are shipping from, people :) I won't be receiving them on March 10th for sure!

I have midterms all this week (felt like I got hit by a truck today on my pharmacokinetics exam) but next week is spring break. I'm praying these get here so that I can spend a couple solid days shipping without too much interference for me or everyone else :ph34r:

I want me trees, dangit.

Edited by scavok

Just remember where they are shipping from, people :) I won't be receiving them on March 10th for sure!

I have midterms all this week (felt like I got hit by a truck today on my pharmacokinetics exam) but next week is spring break. I'm praying these get here so that I can spend a couple solid days shipping without too much interference for me or everyone else :ph34r:

I want me trees, dangit.

oh, they are SHIPPING on the 10th. darn, i thought they were arriving on the 10th. darn.

darn.

rsg

I want me trees, dangit.

Ok, I'll bite: What's pharmacokinetics?

CF30

I want me trees, dangit.

CF30

gotta love google and wikipedia:

"pharmacokinetics explores what the body does to the drug. Pharmacokinetics includes the study of the mechanisms of absorption and distribution of an administered drug, the rate at which a drug action begins and the duration of the effect, the chemical changes of the substance in the body (e.g. by enzymes) and the effects and routes of excretion of the metabolites of the drug"

and now ya know.

It was a giant exam consisting of material from 5 professors. 4 of the 5 taught fantastic, I genuinely learned a lot of very useful information as well as some stuff that is just good to know. That 5th professor had 2 presentations consisting of around 150 slides of drug structures and how the body breaks them down into smaller molecules and excretes them. He is a new PhD and it was his first time teaching. I think he just assumed as pharmacy students we could somehow magically memorize everything that has to do with drugs and then regurgitate it for the exam.

Man am I looking forward to spring break, sleep and a big frikkin box of geocoins...

Edited by scavok
Just remember where they are shipping from, people :ph34r: I won't be receiving them on March 10th for sure!

I want me trees, dangit.

CF30

"pharmacokinetics explores what the body does to the drug. Pharmacokinetics includes the study of the mechanisms of absorption and distribution of an administered drug, the rate at which a drug action begins and the duration of the effect, the chemical changes of the substance in the body (e.g. by enzymes) and the effects and routes of excretion of the metabolites of the drug"

and now ya know.

UHHH- right :)

I have midterms all this week (felt like I got hit by a truck today on my pharmacokinetics exam) but next week is spring break. I'm praying these get here so that I can spend a couple solid days shipping without too much interference for me or everyone else ;)

I want me trees, dangit.

CF30

and now ya know.

Hey I took that in the 60's & 70"s but I don't think they called it that at the time :)

As said prior, Take Care of the Day Job

We'll wait .... oh some might complain & wine just a little, pay no attention to me them. :)

My Webpage

Out of town right now and on my host's internet connection so this will be short. I just wanted to let everyone know that the coins were shipped out and according to the tracking info they should be at my place by thursday.

Means I get to spend the weekend shipping and studying. Unless there are significant delays, all orders should be shipped out from me to everyone by monday evening.

:)

Ok so first the good news (nothing good ever starts this way)...

The coins arrived a day early and shipping will start tomorrow!

The bad news is that 3 of the 9 finishes didn't show up. The green on silver, red on silver and my trader version weren't in the package. I don't know if they are being held up somewhere, or if they mistakenly weren't minted.

I will mail out orders that don't include these finishes ASAP.

I will post here with more info on the other finishes and send out emails to customers with news as I get it (its late so probably not until tomorrow).

So what happened was the red on silver, green on silver and blue on .925 silver versions were all minted in the incorrect finish.

I'm not sure if the mistake was noticed during shipping or what, but I received two of the mistake finishes and one was noticed and held back. The correct finishes are being started today and will ship to me in 3 weeks. Looks like about another month for those to start shipping out.

I should receive more definite details tomorrow and will let everyone know as well as send out an 'official' email to all the customers.

I'm happy to receive email rants (you should have seen mine) so please contact me if you have questions, concerns or otherwise :ph34r:

So what happened was the red on silver, green on silver and blue on .925 silver versions were all minted in the incorrect finish.

I'm not sure if the mistake was noticed during shipping or what, but I received two of the mistake finishes and one was noticed and held back. The correct finishes are being started today and will ship to me in 3 weeks. Looks like about another month for those to start shipping out.

I should receive more definite details tomorrow and will let everyone know as well as send out an 'official' email to all the customers.

I'm happy to receive email rants (you should have seen mine) so please contact me if you have questions, concerns or otherwise :D

I cannot help but to ask ... what happens to the incorrect finish ones made by mistake?

Will they be melted down?

Just curious.

That's what I'm hoping to find out today.

By coincidence almost 200 of them are a finish I was planning for the first remint and are really spectacular looking (secret for now though). Sounds nice, but they still weren't what I ordered... another 25 of them I hve no idea what they look like but from C&P's description it sounds kind of funky so we'll see about those.

I don't know if they will re-use the tracking numbers or not so for now they are sitting in a box. If I get to keep (allowed to purchase) them it will just save some time for shipping in the next round :D

That's what I'm hoping to find out today.

By coincidence almost 200 of them are a finish I was planning for the first remint and are really spectacular looking (secret for now though). Sounds nice, but they still weren't what I ordered... another 25 of them I hve no idea what they look like but from C&P's description it sounds kind of funky so we'll see about those.

I don't know if they will re-use the tracking numbers or not so for now they are sitting in a box. If I get to keep (allowed to purchase) them it will just save some time for shipping in the next round :blink:

NNNNOOOOOOOOOoooooooo....... :)

Just my luck. I ordered

a Black Nickle,

a Green on Gold,

a Red on Gold,

a GREEN ON SILVER, and

a RED ON SILVER.

grrrrr...

Man, just not my day . . . hell, not my week.

Anyhow, thanks for the info brother, I'm sure you're as disappointed as I am.

<political and totally off topic rant removed by moderator.>

Looking forward to my coins when they're ready, please keep us posted.

Peace,

K

Edited by Eartha

*flicks on teleprompter*

Ahem, ...

:)

------------

Ok so the order is in process for the finishes. I've learned more info as to what happened (won't go in to detail for it here), but it truly was a mint error and not some incorrect order or mis-communication on my part (whew). I will know by Monday at the latest (tomorrow at the earliest) of any new details, but it seems for now that things are under scrutiny and all should go as planned for the redone coins.

I hate to put it this way, but if anyone wants their order split up let me know and I'll send you a link where you can make an additional S&H payment. I would love to, but I can't offer it for free (almost half the total orders would need split). If you would like a partial refund for the mising coins so that you can receive your order and forget the late-coming coins I can do that too, just send me an email.

I am sick over this and feel absolutely horrible that it is taking so long for these. Crap happens. It sucks that the pile is so big on this one, but don't worry, I'm shoveling away!

I am sick over this and feel absolutely horrible that it is taking so long for these. Crap happens. It sucks that the pile is so big on this one, but don't worry, I'm shoveling away!

Just chill out dude :rolleyes: They are just coins. Coins that will be worth the wait though :blink:

I am sure that they will be marvellous, as you always do what you can to make them great. :rolleyes:

I am more than happy to wait (unless of course people come on here and brag about how gorgeous theirs are :) ....)

:blink:

coins be coins bro,, thats part of it,, mistakes, and waiting. its all in the territory, if it makes you feel any better im having problems too. my plating for my ae's has not came out right with the 2 rounds of samples we did. so im waiting for them to arrive to decide what to do... life happends. so we will get our coins and we will all wait too, sometimes things happen thats totaly out of your controll, and i dont see where you coulda changed the outcome. so just let it ride.

US-Bound mailers were sent out yesterday (except for one that I put in the wrong stack on my table - sorry!) but all international ones (and the one US bound one) will mail out on monday.

It was strange to me, but over 50% of all the orders were international. lots 'n lots of customs forms to fill out...

Got mine in the mail today and love them!

Question ... Where do we go for the activation codes?

I checked CoinsandPins.com where they were made but did not see it there.

Also checked Scavok.com and tried the activation there but with no success.

I may have missed it. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

I have been told that they will be listed at coincodes.com this week. I don't know why they haven't been updated there yet.

Sorry, that part is out of my hands, I'm waiting to activate mine right along with the rest of you :antenna:

No worries. ... Just making sure I wasn't looking in the wrong place. :antenna: