GPSMap60CS

thcri

I was one of the first ones to purchase a Garmin GPSMap60CS. I got mine in March of 2004 and it pretty much has never been turned off. I have it in a cradle in my pickup with the power adapter and has been on all the time. About a 2 months ago it started acting goofy so I did a hard reset on it and reloaded everything. But now it is acting goofy again. Example as I travel down the interstate it will tell me to get off the interstate and then tell me to back down again on the same exit. It will tell me to get off main roads, go around the block and get back on the same road again. I will tell me to go down railroad tracks.

So I guess I am possibly in the market for a new one. some may say that 3-1/2 years is poor but I don't think so due to the fact it is never turned off, (other than me lately trying to get it to work again).

I like the hand held, looking for more memory though, would like to stay with Garmin for ease of loading back my Waypoints and for navigating. I am kind of interested in the ones that actually talk to you instead of beeping at you. (I do connect mine alot to my laptop and use Nrought)

Any suggestions or maybe even repairs to the one I have?? I am using City Select 7

Thanks in advance

Murph

Edited by thcri

I can't help much, but I'm a dinosaur still in love with my 60CS too. I'd love to have a newer (x) model but I use that alarm clock all the time and the "x" models don't have the alarm.

My only suggestion is to upgrade the software to 4.20. I've been running it since it came out and haven't had a problem. The routing isn't as slick as my nuvi 760 but it doesn't do back considering it's a general purpose device.

https://buy.garmin.com/shop/store/downloads...67&pID=6447

I keep Metroguide 4.0, Bluecharts, Topo 2008 and Inland Lakes loaded in my 60CS all the time.

Edited by Rubberhead

I can't help much, but I'm a dinosaur still in love with my 60CS too. I'd love to have a newer (x) model but I use that alarm clock all the time and the "x" models don't have the alarm.

My only suggestion is to upgrade the software to 4.20. I've been running it since it came out and haven't had a problem. The routing isn't as slick as my nuvi 760 but it doesn't do back considering it's a general purpose device.

https://buy.garmin.com/shop/store/downloads...67&pID=6447

I keep Metroguide 4.0, Bluecharts, Topo 2008 and Inland Lakes loaded in my 60CS all the time.

I always upgraded to the newest software and have 4.2 in my unit now.