anyone try GPicSync

I like GPicSync and I use it often. If you are on-line, it will also add "geonames" of your photo's location. For West Coast, your UTC offset is -7 if you use local time in your camera, like I do. Or, you can set your camera's time to UTC. If you do not sync your camera's time to your GPS ahead of time, there is a correction input in the program, which was referenced above.

A nice feature is to create a KMZ file to send to someone to open in Google Earth. You can send this file which will have your track and photo icons that you click and the photo will open. I sometimes will reduce the photos sizes before this because the file will be the size of all the photos combined.

I also liked the program C_GPS2KML, its beta has expired. It allowed you to add things to your track such as arrows, altitude colors, graphs. If another beta is released it is worth trying.

For tagging a few photos where you forgot your GPSr, use Picasa 3. You click the pointer in Google Earth where you took the photo, and it tags the photo and you save a KML file to send.

Edited by EScout

I was using it on a regular basis until I lost my camera. Loved it, although wish that you could save settings, such as the time offest, so you didn't have to set them every time you ran the program.

You can save the settings. Note the "Quit and Save Settings" button. If you don't see it, you need to upgrade to a newer version.