Garmin Oregon and Multi-Caches

Chapskis1

Hi --

I just got a Garmin Oregon 400t yesterday. I don't normally put my own caches in my GPS, but I wanted to test out the Oregon's performance, and my caches are the only ones close by. I loaded the GPX file into the Oregon for on of my multi's, and I noticed that it showed all of the stages of the cache on the map.

I thought -- oh no, multi's aren't going to be very fun anymore. But, I checked out someone else's multi, and all that was on that one was the 1st stage.

So, I came to a cool conclusion and discovery. If you own a multi and put the GPX file in your Oregon -- it will show all waypoints.

Maybe not that cool to some, but I thought it was kind of neat...

Later,

Chapskis1

So, I came to a cool conclusion and discovery. If you own a multi and put the GPX file in your Oregon -- it will show all waypoints.

I should think that this is due to the fact that your own caches will have ALL the waypoints visible to you (as on the cache page) so when the GPX is transfered, so will ALL the waypoints.