60CSx Problem With Memory

Alan Ellis

Today, I tried to load a Mapsource Topo map or two onto my 60CSx and got this error message:

"The required memory for storing maps is missing from your GPS. If your GPS uses a programmable data card, check to make sure it is inserted properly."

My data card sub-menu shows: 0% Full, Maps 0.00 mb, and interestingly..Free Space 0.00 mb.

I've never had a problem loading maps until now. Think is is memory card problem?

Any thoughts or solutions? Thanks for the help.

Alan

Edited by Alan Ellis

Today, I tried to load a Mapsource Topo map or two onto my 60CSx and got this error message:

"The required memory for storing maps is missing from your GPS. If your GPS uses a programmable data card, check to make sure it is inserted properly."

My data card sub-menu shows: 0% Full, Maps 0.00 mb, and interestingly..Free Space 0.00 mb.

I've never had a problem loading maps until now. Think is is memory card problem?

Any thoughts or solutions? Thanks for the help.

Alan

Try putting it into mass storage mode ,if it shows up in My computer and right click to check the properties..then in widows explorer try sending a small text file to it to see if it works.

Dave