Garmin GPS 60

pcwhiz9420

It'll work, limited features (no memory for maps, no basemap, it's just an empty field for navigation). It'll get you started though. It'd be better to spend a bit more and get one with a few megs of memory and a basemap though.

That is I assume you're talking about the basic 60 yellow one, and not a more advanced version of the 60 series

I really don't need the mapping feature though...It just has like driving directions and stuff. Am I correct? I just want to be able to put in a bunch of waypoints and when I'm driving around see where the closest is and then go and get it.

I don't want to spend a whole bunch of money which is what attracted me to this model.

Thanks

It'll work, limited features (no memory for maps, no basemap, it's just an empty field for navigation). It'll get you started though. It'd be better to spend a bit more and get one with a few megs of memory and a basemap though.

That is I assume you're talking about the basic 60 yellow one, and not a more advanced version of the 60 series

a 60CSx is what everyone is ranting and raving about these days. but if you are only going to cache around your house and pretty much know how to get the car to the area to be parked, then why not go with the venture HC? although it is limited with all the bells and whistles.

I had a plain jane etrex H and it did great for me. but I knew where the areas were to park the car. although entering the coordinates by hand was a pain, it served its purpose well.

I am currently saving up for a 60csx based on the rants and raves. (Plus, I am having to travel outside of my home area)

But if you are not going to be getting into it hard core, then in my opinion the lower end models will do just fine.

I don't really need the mapping features so I guess I will just go with the 60 model. Thanks for your help! I have been using a fairly cheap model for some reason that broke, and it did not have a basemap or anything like that and I was doing fine, so I guess I'll just stick with out the map.