My cache got rejected and i don't know why.

Complete_Control

The problem is that this cache is placed within 120ft of another existing cache, GC1APZ3 [that is waiting to go live].

But i can't find this cache on geocaching.com or on the google map. I've never heard of this cahce and i can't figure out how to view 'GC1APZ3' either. My cache got rejected for a cache that doesn't exist?

I'm confused.. Help!

All physical stages of a geocache must be a minimum of 528 feet away from any other physical stage of any other geocache. In your case I would guess that another geocacher has already got a cache planned for that spot. Your local Reviewer is aware of this. There may be a number of reasons why that cache hasn't actually 'gone live' as yet, but it has priority.

MrsB :laughing:

The problem is that this cache is placed within 120ft of another existing cache, GC1APZ3 [that is waiting to go live].
But i can't find this cache on geocaching.com or on the google map. I've never heard of this cahce and i can't figure out how to view 'GC1APZ3' either. My cache got rejected for a cache that doesn't exist?

The reviewer gave you a great explanation. The cache is not published, it is waiting to go live. Maybe it was sent back for a minor change, maybe it is on hold for a specific release date, etc.

I would ask the reviewer to check on GC1APZ3 though... The GC# seems like it is from pretty early this year. It might have been overlooked for whatever reason.

I would ask the reviewer to check on GC1APZ3 though... The GC# seems like it is from pretty early this year. It might have been overlooked for whatever reason.

Yup, GC1APZ4 (the following sequential cache) was published back in March. Six months is more than enough time to get a cache ready. OP should ask their local reviewer to poke the other owner with a sharp stick. If they don't respond DPQ, the OP should ask to be given the space. If they can't get their act together in 6 months, they never will.

The swine! Mine is great!

:blink::D:laughing:

I've had that happen at least twice where mine was CLEARLY better than the one being planned! :lol:

It's annoying but not much you can do about it. It does seem like there are certain areas where folks are "reserving" potential hiding spots. Seems like there should be some kind of time limit. In my area the reviewer will usually at least tell me the cacher whose cache is blocking mine so I can perhaps work something out...

The reviewer gave you a great explanation. The cache is not published, it is waiting to go live. Maybe it was sent back for a minor change, maybe it is on hold for a specific release date, etc.

Even though the number is older, the cache waiting to go live may have only been recently created and submitted for review. Sometimes a cache won't work out for one reason or another and it never gets submitted. The ID is still good and can be recycled for another cache.

Even though the number is older, the cache waiting to go live may have only been recently created and submitted for review. Sometimes a cache won't work out for one reason or another and it never gets submitted. The ID is still good and can be recycled for another cache.
Also, some people work on caches for quite a while before submitting them, so it may not even be a recycled ID number. Puzzle caches can fit this pattern very easily.