5 years and still searching...

Evil Chicken

5 Years and Still Searching...SJG's Annual Devil Hunt For 5 long years, the members of South Jersey Geocaching have been getting together annually to search for a shadow of a memory...a legend told in hushed tones around a campfire...a beast that lurks in Pineys' dreams.

Join us on Saturday, October 11th at 5:00 PM in group campsite "A" for a potluck dinner. Afterwards, experienced guides will lead a sojourn into the Jersey Devil's playground for a little adventure! Keep a sharp eye out for unusual tracks, listen for odd sounds and be aware for the feeling that you are being watched – you might just be!

Bring along a folding chair and settle into the evening with a toasty bonfire afterwards.

Folks are welcome to camp out with us for the weekend! For additional camping information, you can click here.

5 Years and Still Searching...SJG's Annual Devil Hunt For 5 long years, the members of South Jersey Geocaching have been getting together annually to search for a shadow of a memory...a legend told in hushed tones around a campfire...a beast that lurks in Pineys' dreams.

Join us on Saturday, October 11th at 5:00 PM in group campsite "A" for a potluck dinner. Afterwards, experienced guides will lead a sojourn into the Jersey Devil's playground for a little adventure! Keep a sharp eye out for unusual tracks, listen for odd sounds and be aware for the feeling that you are being watched – you might just be!

Bring along a folding chair and settle into the evening with a toasty bonfire afterwards.

Folks are welcome to camp out with us for the weekend! For additional camping information, you can click here.

AAARRRGGHHH!

What you are promoting is sooo WRONG! Since you live in southern NJ, you know darn well that the Jersey Devil (aka the "Piney Monster", aka the "monster of the Pine Barrens") has killed many persons, pets and lots of livestock over the years, and therefore it is insanely unethical and immoral for you and your cohorts to lure innocent people in the Pine Barrens at night on a seemingly innocent and playful "hunt for the Jersey Devil", because those of us who know the Barrens well know darn well that your little party and hunt could easily turn into a killing ground for the Jersey Devil, in the blink of an eye!

You may think that you are being "daring" by holding this event, but once you have to face ten grieving families and explain how their precious family members were somehow "lost" while on your Jersey Devil hunt in the middle of the night, and when you have to admit to their families that they will never be seen again on earth, that is the moment when it all falls into proper perspective!

I beg of you, abandon this foolhardy plan! In the name of decency and all that is right, I demand that you stop this foolishness at once, and go now and sin no more!

I am writing here from direct experience. I useta live not far from the Pine Barrens, and I have spent a lot of time over the years in the Barrens, and, back when I was in high school, on one Spring weekend alone, seven of my classmates were lost forever because these foolhardy idiots decided to take a "camping trip" to the Pine Barrens so that they could "meet" the Jersey Devil! Well, meet the Jersey Devil they did, and none of them lived to tell about it! Their bodies were found five days later, torn asunder, and the remnants of clothing and skin that were left showed signs of very powerful burns, as if from some kind of radiation, and worse, the Civil Defense and CAP field agents told us, each of the bodies was so radioactive that it could not be handled with bare hands. This is very nasty stuff, and you do not want to mess around with such things!

Oh no! This is worse than I had originally thought! I just did a map lookup, and discovered that the event organizers, in their infinite foolhardiness, have sited the event not far from Ong's Hat, NJ, deep in the Barrens.

This is sick! We all know what went down at Ong's Hat at the peak of the Project Incunabula experiment, and many still remember what happened to the state troopers who were sent to arrest four of the renegade professors, and most of us are well aware of the horrible things that still happen at Ong's Hat when the portal opens, often late at night, near a full moon. Please, I beg you, remember that the early Native American called this spot by the name "the Gateway Into the Other Worlds", a name that local historians, folklorists, law enforcement authorities and exorcists do not take lightly, even today.

Has it ever occurred to ANY of you that the Forgotten Towns of Southern New Jersey were "forgotten" for a GOOD REASON?

Do you also realize that this insane event is also sited not far from the site of the old Moorish Science Ashram, which was the sick sick sick pet project of yet another band of renegade physics and mathematics professors from Princeton University? Does anyone remember what happened at the Moorish Science Ashram? Huh? Sick! Sick! Sick!

A few years ago, during a cross-country air trip to Los Angeles, I discovered that I was sitting next to a top Air Force general, one who had often been involved in top-secret projects and skunkworks for the military, and, when he discovered that I had grown up near southern NJ, and that I had spent some time in the Pine Barrens, and that I knew about the Ong's Hat portal, he confided in me that at one time, in the early 1990s, the fear in certain circles of government was so great about the out-of-control interdimensional portals and the sightings of "unusual beings" in that area that the CIA and the Air Force seriously considered staging an "accident", whereby a medium-yield nuclear warhead would "accidentally" be dropped by an Air Force bomber on a "training run", so as to entirely obliterate that part of Pemberton Township and Burlington County. Of course, it would all have been an accident!

I had originally thought that the event organizers were simply foolhardy and brazen, but now, after realizing the Ong's Hat connection, which is, in some ways, worse than the threat posed by the Jersey Devil, I realize that the event organizers are INSANE!

I beg of you, cancel this event before a calamity happens!

A word to the wise is sufficient.

Edited by Vinny & Sue Team

Oh no! It gets worse! I have just received phone calls from two caching friends in central and southern NJ, reminding me that Ong's Hat had also been the site of the dreaded Institute of Chaos Studies and their shadowy involvement with the nearby "mental hospital". AAAARRRGGH!

I beg of the organizers of this event: cancel it, for you know not where you tread! You know not the forces with which you will surely tangle! :blink::):laughing:

By the way, as a footnote to my earlier posts, particularly those about the Incunabula Project at Ong's Hat and the Institute of Chaos Studies, I have just stumbled upon one of the original and seminal articles, published in a leading mathematics journal, which was written by one of the founding members of the Ong's Hat commune;

The article was titled "Hierarchical Basis Preconditioners in Three Dimensions" by Maria Elizabeth G. Ong, and I have provided a link to the article. It was in this article that she announced the theoretical basis for the interdimensional portal device which had been developed by the six renegade mathematicians and physicists, each of whom was ultimately fired from, and banned by, Princeton University.

...once you have to face ten grieving families and explain how their precious family members were somehow "lost" while on your Jersey Devil hunt in the middle of the night, and when you have to admit to their families that they will never be seen again on earth...

Ya know, now that you mention it, we do generally lose a cacher or two over the course of the weekend. But since gc doesn't have a cache attribute for that, I figured it was just an assumed natural risk not worth mentioning. :laughing:

Are there many senior citizens in the SJGC? I'm thinking that's why Vinny choose to use the large-type edition of the forums for his warning?!? :laughing:

Uh... duh....! I employed large bold font as a graphic aid to get across to my readers that this is an urgent and dangerous life-or-death situation, and here we have this nitwit Evil Chicken acting as if there is nothing wrong with losing a few event attendees each year!

Will someone please tell me when commonsense, morality, ethics and civility flew out the window, and when evil sinister people like Evil Chicken started sponsoring events such as this! Like, when did it become the norm to kill off your fellow cachers as wanton sacrifices to the Jersey Devil and to Satan? Hello? Dastardly, I tell you! Horrid! I am quite upset!

...once you have to face ten grieving families and explain how their precious family members were somehow "lost" while on your Jersey Devil hunt in the middle of the night, and when you have to admit to their families that they will never be seen again on earth...

Ya know, now that you mention it, we do generally lose a cacher or two over the course of the weekend. But since gc doesn't have a cache attribute for that, I figured it was just an assumed natural risk not worth mentioning. :)

Please be careful not to lose any Trackable Items!

Ya know, now that you mention it, we do generally lose a cacher or two over the course of the weekend. But since gc doesn't have a cache attribute for that, I figured it was just an assumed natural risk not worth mentioning. :)

Please be careful not to lose any Trackable Items!

AAARGGGHHHH! This viewpoint is despicable! Despicable, I tell you! Am I the only person left on the forum who has any sense of decency, ethics, morals and respect for human life left? For shame!

I am feeling so upset about this matter that I must immediately go to my laboratory and drink a pint of highly radioactive radium water from my Radium Water Dispensing Jug, so as to calm and soothe my jangled nerves! ...sigh!

Just a note to alleviate Vinny's fear

None of the 70+ cachers in attendance were sacrif... er, "lost" to the Jersey Devil during the ritu...uh, "hunt" this year!

Now how are we going to appease this nefarious beast? Without his tribute, no cacher is safe in the woods! :D

a34bdbcb-ee59-4fb0-95be-3838c361e926.jpg

Edited by Evil Chicken

Just a note to alleviate Vinny's fear

None of the 70+ cachers in attendance were sacrif... er, "lost" to the Jersey Devil during the ritu...uh, "hunt" this year!

Now how are we going to appease this nefarious beast? Without his tribute, no cacher is safe in the woods! :D

a34bdbcb-ee59-4fb0-95be-3838c361e926.jpg

You are soooo badly lying, and, no matter how well you think that you covered up the disappearances this year, it will all come to light in a few months when the relatives of these poor missing cachers start demanding answers about why their loved ones never returned home from your nefarious "event"!

The reality is that you and your bunch of "event organizers" are hooligans, and you are nothing more or less than butchers who pimp out "meat" (that is, live cachers) to the Jersey Devil and to the psychotic mutant renegade professors at the Ong's Hat commune and at the nearby Moorish Science Ashram!

Shame on you!