Pocket Queries won't run

sprig68

My .02 is that once it is realized by Groundspeak that PQ's are getting bogged down by a large demand of folks, especially headed to a huge event - there has to be some sort of mechanism for that - if they just post a message on the forum that this is occurring, it may prevent those of us who have made multiple attempts at running (duplicate) PQ's (as I did this morning) from doing so, thus not adding to the backlog. I can be patient enough for 1 PQ instead of 4 of the same if I realize there is a technical issue.

The re-occuring (PQs are not running) problem has been a constant annoyance for months. I've yet to receive any of my PQs today. I even unchecked four out of my five queries today, just so I could receive the most important one. Every attempt to make it work again has failed.

As someone who has payed for a premium membership for over four years, i'm sick and tired of constant issues with my PQs. :P How much effort does one need to make to get a PQs on the same day requested, not at 1:00 am the next day?

I'm not a happy customer. :)

I've attempted to run two different query's today and neither ran. One I tried this morning the other tonight. Is anyone else having problems.

Same here - new PQ and wainting since early this AM.

Just made a copy and tried again. So far, nothing.

Just from working with production (and - lack of - communication) issues, I think a large part of this struggle is that folks have run multiple (duplicate) PQ's upon one onother, thus creating a even more huge backlog than would normally happen when PQ's are also run for mega events. AGAIN....if we just know at the time, we wouldn't all try multiple times to run the same querie(s).

My .02 is that once it is realized by Groundspeak that PQ's are getting bogged down by a large demand of folks, especially headed to a huge event - there has to be some sort of mechanism for that - if they just post a message on the forum that this is occurring, it may prevent those of us who have made multiple attempts at running (duplicate) PQ's (as I did this morning) from doing so, thus not adding to the backlog. I can be patient enough for 1 PQ instead of 4 of the same if I realize there is a technical issue.

I could not agree with you more. I have completely given up on running scheduled PQ's because I got fed up with getting them 2-3 days after the scheduled run. Now I can not even get new PQ's to run. Something needs to get fixed.

None of the 3 PQ that I set up (new) seven+ hours ago have run yet :):P

A 'regular' one that I set up as reoccurring by mistake some weeks ago ran ok sometime this morning... guessing very early AM???

Now if only that PQ anything related to where I planned on being tommorrow....

edit: yea checked the one that actually ran it was time stamped 10/10/2008 12:51:34 AM

(not sure this is of any use to anyone though)

Edited by welch

I can confirm that this doesn't only affect new PQ's. Mine, that were created probably over a year ago, were set for Friday (and usually come shortly after midnight on Friday morning), but still have not shown up.

I've tried unselecting Friday and re-selecting it... I'll wait for about an hour and see if that does anything. Otherwise, come tomorrow I'll try to check them for Saturday and see what happens.

This problem with PQ's have been going on for quite awhile for me. I would submit a prior and/or new PQ and it would take some an hour or so, then others 8 hours or so. As I have said this is nothing new for me, it has been going on for a couple of months. Just got around to see if anyone on the forums are having the same issue. Now I see there has been.

I would not blame it on the GeoCoin Fest, since this issue started well before then. My question is: When will this issue be fixed? It has been fustrating submitting a PQ and not getting it before it is needed. Up until a couple of months ago I had no problem when I submitted a PQ, it came within a few minutes. Why not now?

Groundspeak, at what time and date will this issue be fixed?

How long should we have to wait for a PQ after we submit it?

If we submit the PQ on a lets say Thursday but we do not get it until after Friday (PST), why do we lose a PQ for Friday since the request went out on Thurday?

From the looks of this forum string, inquiring minds want to know!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please give us more information on what is happening, not just that the PQ Generator is cranking them out!

From the looks of this forum string, inquiring minds want to know!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please give us more information on what is happening, not just that the PQ Generator is cranking them out!

We are extremely disappointed that we have not seen a post from the front office on this..... I know myself and quite a few others took vacation to attend geocoinfest, spending quite a few $$'s to get some caching in a new area and attend the event. Enduring this frustration without even a comment or a 'fix forecast" is inexcusable for paying members.

:)

My standard PQs usually (for the past month or so) don't arrive until 6:00 pm of the request day now, sometimes even later. They are not old PQs, but have been active for about a month. I wish they would arrive just after midnight like some others have indicated. So, now, if I want to cache on Friday, I have to have it scheduled for Wednesday if there is to be any hope to have it processed and loaded in time to leave.

As for today's run, not a thing has shown up. No scheduled PQs, no modified PQs, no unchecked and then rechecked PQs and no newly created PQs. Nothing.

Should I be submitting PQ requests now for our vacation on the 19th?????????????

PQs may be running, but it seems something's wrong with the engine. Why would edited PQs be running but brand new ones not? Why would a PQ that ran yesterday have run this morning, but a brand new one that never ran, and one that ran 2 days ago not run? Since priority is given to the ones that haven't run in the longest time, it would seem that the nevers would have run by now, but my Never run PQ has been sitting idle since last night. Sure there isn't something wrong with the engine that it's not running all the PQs?

My normal weekly PQ has not run today, the one I asked for a few days ago for the area I plan to cache tomorrow did not run today so I went and edited it, made a copy, unchecked the day on one and rechecked the day to try to get something going (like suggested here) but nothing has run. I got in line years ago for the weekly and days ago for the extra one and I have only 2 running so have not passed the 5 PQs per day.

Now I have found one or two by brute force but never cached a whole day without the coords. O_O

Are these normal PQ's or Caches along a route PQ?
Mine are normal, some were existing PQs, some I created just before activating them.
Would charter member PQs run before premium member's?
As a charter member, I would guess no...since mine are stuck too.

Sorry to hear that.. and thanks for the reply.

ARG! going on a cache machine in the morning and still don't have the PQ I ran this morning. Lame :P

Luckily I had a current offline database. :)

One of my team ran it yesterday and got it last night, so he was able to pass it on to the rest of the team luckily. Whew!

(Still haven't gotten my PQ though)

One of my PQs ran, but three others (all brand new) are sitting there never having run. This is the first time I've had this trouble, and like a previous poster, it couldn't come at a worse time while I'm on the road at the geocoinfest. I hope it gets fixed quickly before it's too late.

This is gettin' frustratin', for sure! I started tryin' to run a PQ late yesterday afternoon. Nothin' has showed up yet.

Today, I recreated another new one (several hours ago) and still nothin'! :) TexMitz is havin' the same problem from what I hear. Hope things change soon for we're plannin' a campin' trip around cachin'.

Mine seem to have come through. Not sure if the unchecking-rechecking made any difference whatsoever though... no way of telling.

Perhaps mine came in not too late, because I only run two a week... both on Friday. It sounds like some people here have a whole whack of them running, which if I've heard correctly in the past, tends to get bumped down below people who run very few. I could be wrong however.

I have a list of 12. None of them set to run on a particular day. I've tried for over 24 hours now to create and run a new PQ with no luck. I did get one from my list to run early this morning, took about 20 minutes but I still can't get a newly created PQ to run.

Really irksome, wife's out of town with the grandkids, got all my chores done, weather's bearable, bike's full of gas, can't get a list of caches to go hunt. :)

I don't think there is any priority to users who run less queries. I only run a query when I need one and only had one set to run on Friday. I've yet to recieve it. I haven't updated my GSAK database for a really long time, so it looks like I'm going to have to start downloading individual gpx files. Thanks for the great service Groundspeak :)

time for swapping gpx files amongst users I guess. Lets see if Groundspeak gets as annoyed as we, when we are not keeping up our end of the bargain... Swapping PQ's is not allowed, so why is not delivering PQ's allowed ?

I have created a PQ yesterday (10 hours ago), because I am in France, in an area I have no caches for. And indedd: stuck. No response, no PQ running.

I have a word in mind. starts wit su, ends with cks.

Add me to the growing list of folks who can't get their PQ results -- I don't schedule my queries to run regularly, so these are one-timers specifically based on the area I've decided to visit for the day. Downloading individual waypoints is going to be a real DRAG. :P

So....if the queries set for Friday haven't run and it's already Saturday, does that mean I'm not going to get them and I now have to re-schedule for Saturday and get in back of the line again???

Sure would be nice to know if Groundspeak is working on the issue. :)

Same issue, regularly scheduled ones are coming in fine, but when I tried to create three new ones for a trip this weekend the two new regular ones have not come in. However, the caches along a route pq I pulled worked fine.

Same here. I ran a route query and got that fine but none of my regular PQs. This is extremely annoying when you wake up a 5 a.m. and want to get going but haven't got a PQ by 8 am!! That'll teach me to do my PQs 24 hrs. in advance. Thing is, I want to get all the new ones that may have been published this morning.

My PQ created 48 hours ago did not run yet.

If you are still waiting for pocket queries scheduled to run yesterday or the day before, they likely won't arrive. The system starts over at midnight and begins running the next day's queries. If there is a skipped query you need, create a copy scheduled to run today.

And no response yet from the PTB... :)

Prior posts from Groundspeak lackeys in this thread demonstrate otherwise.

If it makes you feel any better, I'm leaving now for a three-day roadtrip and I'm missing two scheduled queries from Friday, as well as the copies I created to run today.

I have to say that I am frustrated about the PQ not working also... BUT me having the warped sense of humor that I have says to myself... hmmm how did I EVER find the first 500 caches when I had to punch each individual waypoint in on my Garmin Gecko? :P How did I ever find anything after I printed out a cache on (GASP) paper? :)

I have to say... have we become so spoiled by convenience? :)

Don't get me wrong... I still am waiting for my PQ to come through.. but I am trying to be patient and am only running it ONCE to avoid longer lines!!!!!!!!!!!

My PQ created 48 hours ago did not run yet.

If you are still waiting for pocket queries scheduled to run yesterday or the day before, they likely won't arrive. The system starts over at midnight and begins running the next day's queries. If there is a skipped query you need, create a copy scheduled to run today.

Did that yesterday. Did that again today. Created a brand new query from scratch. Scheduled one that hasn't run in 5 days. None have run.

And no response yet from the PTB... :)

Prior posts from Groundspeak lackeys in this thread demonstrate otherwise.

If it makes you feel any better, I'm leaving now for a three-day roadtrip and I'm missing two scheduled queries from Friday, as well as the copies I created to run today.

Nope, doesn't make me feel better. And as for Groundspeak's response. It's been awhile with nothing. If any of my regularly scheduled deliverys at home or work hadn't come, I'm sure I'd have received more information that we get from Groundspeak. Of course they have phone numbers and customer service departments. I would just expect something more than 'give it time and they'll run' when 15 hours later they still haven't run and the normal workarounds don't seem to help either.

Yes, we're aware of the issue. The PQ generator is running full steam, just has a ton of PQ's left to generate. Don't worry, you'll get them.

-Raine

It will be too late by the time we get them, but obviously that's nothing to "worry" about.

Nope, I wasn't worried when I cancelled a caching/biking trip rather then key in 100 caches by hand. Annoyed, yes! Worried, no. That PQ arrived about 3 AM. The PQ for my 900th milestone trip today has yet to arrive.

Maybe we're getting soft, but we're paying for the PQs. If they are overloading the current server, couldn't a backup server be brought online, even temporarily, to help share some of the load?

Well, all my previously run PQs came through, but my Never runs, the ones that usually pop out instantly, have still not run. I tried checking an old one that I never ran, and created another brand new one. Still no luck. I checked one that I had run a couple months ago, right after I built a brand new one, then I immediately checked the old one that I never ran. The one I ran a couple months ago came through in a couple minutes. I'm still waiting on the new one.

TPTB, any chance of some troubleshooting starting? Or at least a status?

I ran my PQs for GCF-Pittsburgh Thursday night but hadn't received them before going to bed. They still hadn't come in before flying from California to Pennsylvania, so I amended them when I arrived in Pittsburgh changing them to run on Friday instead of Thursday. Nothing processed. It's now Saturday morning and I'm sitting in a diner rather than caching. I tried updating one of the existing PQs but nothing happened. I archived all of my GCF PQs, created new ones and nothing happened. I'm 2,400 miles from home and have one find. I'm now entering the caches into my GPSr one by one from the individual cache pages. Ugh. Oh well, at least the autumn foliage is pretty!