geo-political topics and charity topics

Good old forum problems, my question was:

In a recent topic about the forthcoming GAGB elections my good friend Sandvika made a post, thanking his proposer and seconder and making a statement which could be construed as a solicitation for votes.

I feel this makes it a political post supporting an agenda which concerns a body outside GSP.

This being so can we assume that the forum moderators will, in future, look more kindly on posts with a more social agenda, for instance promoting charities and allowing UK cachers the opportunity to support others less fortunate than themselves?

We are allowing the GAGB Elections topic to accept posts from their nominees because it is of benefit to the UK Geocaching community. Dont read any more into it than that. The Forum Guidelines regarding Charity agendas have not changed.

Somebody would have complained no matter which way this decision was made, so at least by allowing that topic the community benifits with a geocaching item.

mandarin.