Story based caches

Rbotguy

I'm new (1 find, no hides, but I'm heading out this weekend with my daughter and a bunch of printed Google Maps). I am getting into this as a result of a "National-Treasure" style treasure hunt that I made for my daughters with rhyming clues, maps, invisible ink, ciphers, puzzles, etc. I had a blast making it and decided to make something more public and that this would be a good place to "publish." I also plan to use this as a way to practice, well, I guess you'd have to call it writing. I want my caches to be story-based. My first idea is for a series of clues (caches) you have to find to join the resistance against the alien invasion, but I want to get some finds under my belt before I try anything myself.

Enough blather. You probably get the idea of what I'm talking about, as I've seen a few like that in the short time I've been perusing the database. What are your favorite story based caches?

(Yes, I'm looking for ideas both to steal and to avoid if overused)

One local example that comes to mind as extremely creative is "Z-cache: The Adventures of Base Dentura" GCP9TP

There are several very good story/puzzle multi caches in the Bay Area set up by GeoWomyn.

GeoWomyn Story Caches

I've done a few of them and they are always most entertaining and well-thought out. (A bad knee is keeping me from a lot of hiking now, so the rest I'll get back to in the spring)

If you read the logs and comments, it's pretty clear that she has a great flair for the creative.

One of the most difficult "story type" puzzle caches I have completed is The Sentinel (GCK060) which is NW of Portland, OR. Another that I solved and found was Black Box (GCTPHW) which is in the Barstow, CA area.

After finding more than half of the 5/5's in Oregon, I hid one called Slope Distance (GC13T6C).

Sorry you'll have to look these up since I don't do links.

One of the most difficult "story type" puzzle caches I have completed is The Sentinel (GCK060) which is NW of Portland, OR. Another that I solved and found was Black Box (GCTPHW) which is in the Barstow, CA area.

After finding more than half of the 5/5's in Oregon, I hid one called Slope Distance (GC13T6C).

Sorry you'll have to look these up since I don't do links.

Not exactly what you're looking for, but if you're into cryptography, might I suggest 'Peel The Onion'

Or "The Key to the Cryptonomicon", which is based very closely on the Neal Stephenson book called Cryptonomicon. It's a puzzle cache and I read the book (all 900+ pages) before I solved the puzzle. It's not for everyone though, it's a five star difficulty puzzle and me over a month to solve.