COINTEST or not

Tooeygeotrashed

"charitable solicitations such as these are not permitted without prior approval from Groundspeak to use the forums in this manner."

this is a quote from the message I just received.

I'll be contacting the appropriate authorities in hopes of resolving this issue.

I do not believe I was in any violation of the general forum guidelines nor the geocoin specific forum guidelines as I asked for replies like any other cointest has with the "prize" being a trackable coin...and, though I did refer cachers to another site where I am certainly asking for charitable donations, I made it clear that those who donated a minimal amount would receive a trackable geocoin for that.

so...

"charitable solicitations such as these are not permitted without prior approval from Groundspeak to use the forums in this manner."

I'll be contacting the appropriate authorities in hopes of resolving this issue.

I do not believe I was in any violation of the general forum guidelines nor the geocoin specific forum guidelines as I asked for replies like any other cointest has with the "prize" being a trackable coin...and, though I did refer cachers to another site where I am certainly asking for charitable donations, I made it clear that those who donated a minimal amount would receive a trackable geocoin for that.

so...

THAT SUCKS,, I PUT MY HEART INTO THAT POSTING!!! :laughing::D:)B):blink::D

so...

Any progress on this, I just read the guidelines, prompted by another post - and I still can't see why this required approval. I quote :-

"Please Note: The guidelines above are specific for the geocoin forum, threads mentioning charitable solicitations will not be allowed in any other forum without express permission from Groundspeak." :grin: