Come Along- Geocaching Adventure!

Vartan84

I am a new geocacher after a friend took me a couple weekends ago. A great time was had and I actually recorded it all to share with avid hunters! I put together a video of each of the two hunts we had and can be seen below. I hope you enjoy coming along virtually on two hunts with us!

Edited by Vartan84

Hello everyone, I am proud to announce I have finished episode 3 of my geocaching series! The first two were my first ones ever, this third one is months later when I have a lot of experience (at least some!). I've done a lot of caches since the beginning but not all of them are worthy of a whole video experience like this! Enjoy!

Note: Edited to change the link because uploaded a new video with a different ending song by popular demand!

Edited by Vartan84

Hello everyone, I am proud to announce I have finished episode 3 of my geocaching series! The first two were my first ones ever, this third one is months later when I have a lot of experience (at least some!). I've done a lot of caches since the beginning but not all of them are worthy of a whole video experience like this! Enjoy!

Note: Edited to change the link because uploaded a new video with a different ending song by popular demand!

I really enjoyed watching this video since I've done this cache. When you were on the trail trying to figure out which way to turn, I knew exactly where you should turn. Imagine my surprise when you pointed out "some kind of Pokemon creature". I put that into the cache ;) Thanks for sharing your trek to this cache!

I really enjoyed watching this video since I've done this cache. When you were on the trail trying to figure out which way to turn, I knew exactly where you should turn. Imagine my surprise when you pointed out "some kind of Pokemon creature". I put that into the cache ;) Thanks for sharing your trek to this cache!

Wow that is so cool that you were the one to put the Pokemon creature in there! A part which actually wasn't taped we discuss which Pokemon it actually is. I knew the odds were fairly large that someone out there who has been there would see it but I guess I didn't expect them to speak up here!! And especially since you must have been there pretty recently to be the one who placed that in there. You weren't the one who placed the Bible too were you :D?

I also recorded our visit to the next one in the park, Brandywine View. It isn't ready yet and probably not as good, turns out I wasn't aiming my camera as well as I thought when we find the cache, etc.

TO SEE WHAT WE ARE TALKING ABOUT:

We were there in June. No I didn't put in the Bible ;) My son thinks we put the Potato Head in there too. We think the Pokemon is a Metapod. Looking forward to seeing the Brandywine View.

Good news everyone, especially Deb! Episode 4 of my geocaching adventure series is now up! It is part 2 of our adventure at Hibernia Park so deb will especially enjoy it and maybe recognize some things too. Be sure to tell all your geocaching friends about my series! I try to keep each one fun and humorous in its own way so hope it worked.

P.S.- Also deb your son was right! I knew a thing or two about Pokemon in my day and while I knew it wasn't Metapod (he's green and worm-like) I had a feeling it was the evolution. Sure enough it evolves into Butterfree http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/But..._(Pok%C3%A9mon) which you will all recognize as being the figurine in the cache.

It's that time again!

This episode contains me finding two caches for the price of one! Please watch and subscribe, I'd really appreciate the support for my series of geocaching videos and tell your geofriends!

In this episode you get to see the wonderful ways my GPS tries its very best to keep me from finding the cache. I'm sure you all can relate in some way. I also demonstrate what NOT to leave in caches (I'm so sorry, my shame is there for all to see!) I literally had to leave fast and had just grabbed whatever trinket I could find!

I burst out laughing at your attempt to open the ammo can in the second one ;)

And we also just played a quick round of poohsticks when we crossed a bridge while caching two days ago (with a Pooh travel bug). Maybe it's a more widespread geocaching side-activity than I had thought!

Nice introductory videos.

Yes.. That was quite a laugh. The video editing made it classic. 3...minutes later... 5 minutes later.... ROFLMAO

New episode time and I think it is a fun one!

I think it's unique because not only did I take a video during the hunt but so did my friend and I link to a video SHE made of the same event. It's a historical one because we cache at America's first paper mill which was started in the late 1600s. It was slightly treturous and really fun! Even better is that there will be a bonus episode from this day yet to come, the details of which you'll learn if you watch to the end of mine (please do!) Thanks everyone for the geosupport!

New episode time and I think it is a fun one!

Part two is here! I swear this is a great and exciting adventure which happened right after the cache above. We found the paper mill cache and then headed deeper into the woods where an order of monks from the 1600s lived waiting for the end of the world! It was a really cool visit and I made a video which I hope you all enjoy watching!

Hey everyone, my Geocache Adventure episode 8 is ready and it's the craziest one yet!

We have to battle a highway onramp, a giant hill, a goose, a pagan ceremony, and exploding swag to conquer this cache. It must say we made some pretty funny comments along the way that I think all of you will enjoy, oh and yet another chance to watch a newbie attempt to open an ammo can!

I hope all of you cachers enjoy watching it!

If anyone remembers my thread here about hunting etiquette and recalls the crazy run in with the hunter I had- well now here's a vide of the hunt! You can see the situation better for yourself here- along with enjoying what is a truly funny video!

See the hunt here!

(And if you have youtube please subscribe, we really need the support!)

Edited by Vartan84