Mitac Mio 168

mMuggz

I just bought a used mio 168 and have tried everything I can find and still cannot get the Wherigo software to launch the gps. In the tutorial I get to where the captain says my signal is weak but it never gets better. In the whack-a-lackey I never get to actually start a game. I think I am doing things correctly but still having no luck.

The Navman St software uses Com 2 and baud of 4800 so I assume the Wherigo does the same. The Wherigo NEVER gets any signal. I have figured out that the navman software can't run while I start the Wherigo software, but other than that, I have not made any progress with this. I definitely want all the bugs worked out before I travel to attempt any cartridges that are not "play anywhere".

Is there a tutorial that will take me through it step by step?

Thanks in advance,

Mike

I'm moving this topic the hardware forum. I hope you find your answer.

I did a search in the hardware forum. A few Mios have been discussed: P550, a201, and P350. I don't see the 168, though.

I have been reading these boards for a while and I only pursued the mitac mio 168 because it was listed in the posting that lists confirmed working hardware. I feel like I am really close to getting this to work, but honestly feel like I am in the dark. A few tips or hints would be great. I have tons of questions

GPS software running or not when I launch Wherigo?

If running is the port supposed to be different in Wherigo than in the GPS software

GPS software is using port 2 and baud 4800 bps

In all my trials today I actually got the Wherigo to state that it found a gps and if I remember correctly I already had the gps software running. That raised more questions. But it still never got enough signal to dance. I want to get this going, but seem to be way behind the curve here. I am new to PDA use so please give me basics and I am open to trying anything suggested at this point.

I just bought a used mio 168 and have tried everything I can find and still cannot get the Wherigo software to launch the gps. In the tutorial I get to where the captain says my signal is weak but it never gets better. In the whack-a-lackey I never get to actually start a game. I think I am doing things correctly but still having no luck.

The Navman St software uses Com 2 and baud of 4800 so I assume the Wherigo does the same. The Wherigo NEVER gets any signal. I have figured out that the navman software can't run while I start the Wherigo software, but other than that, I have not made any progress with this. I definitely want all the bugs worked out before I travel to attempt any cartridges that are not "play anywhere".

Is there a tutorial that will take me through it step by step?

Thanks in advance,

Mike

I have an Mio 168 (same as Mitac) and my Wherigo is working if I set it to autostart. But I must put it of otherwise my Navigation software (tomtom) GPS does not work.